Rick bakery

JesseFrank

Anyone tried the bread from Rick Bakery that is available at friendship supermarket ?

Well, I did and and the whole wheat version tastes just fine at an affordable price.

Thing is that friendship is very inconvenient for me to do my shopping, so does anyone know at which other places it's available, or maybe where Rick bakery is located.

Why are people so reticent about mentioning the actual price and instead use vague descriptive terms like "reasonable"?

I would have thought that it's both easier and more constructive to say that such-and-such costs 150B or 500B or whatever, and let people make up their own minds as to how reasonable or not that is.

• Like 1

Why are people so reticent about mentioning the actual price and instead use vague descriptive terms like "reasonable"?

I would have thought that it's both easier and more constructive to say that such-and-such costs 150B or 500B or whatever, and let people make up their own minds as to how reasonable or not that is.

one bread 55bht

Agree ! Especially for very cheap things as bread which is sold the same price everywhere.

Because the topic of the thread was the sales locations, not the price or neither the quality of the bread.

But at your request, a 300gr sliced whole wheat ( 15 slices) is 36 Baht at Friendship.

Agree ! Especially for very cheap things as bread which is sold the same price everywhere.

Don't know where you got the idea that bread is cheap in Thailand. For the price of 1 medium quality bread here I can buy 2 high quality breads of the same weight at home.

But at your request, a 300gr sliced whole wheat ( 15 slices) is 36 Baht at Friendship.

Sounds quite competitive for a loaf that isn't factory made.

this cost me a total of 35bht home madepost-62639-0-41527300-1401545041_thumb.j

Edited by jeanpierre
  • Like 2

Ahh - KK, jeanpierre and myself on the same thread again. Isn't that nice. Last time we were together, a certain Belgian gentleman promised us a beer for finding his French friend in a mooban quite close to Rick's bakery. I haven't forgotten (never do when it comes to free beer).

Jeanpierre, you have the stage.

this cost me a total of 35bht home made

I make all my own bread and pizzas too. Even paying 150B for good imported wholemeal flour at Tops it's still cheaper than buying bread from a shop.

I believe you. I could also grow my own vegetables and fruits, do my own laundry, make my own soda's, brew my own beer breed my own chickens and farm my own fish, but I have some other opportunities in life. It's called enjoying life with no obligations.

I admire Jeanpierre for making all those breads shown in the picture for 35 Baht, but I think he forgot to take in consideration the purchase of the oven and the electric, anyway I would consider having to clean up things after I baked those breads as already outweighing the cost I have to pay at the bakery shop.

• Like 1

I make all my own bread and pizzas too. Even paying 150B for good imported wholemeal flour at Tops it's still cheaper than buying bread from a shop.

I believe you. I could also grow my own vegetables and fruits, do my own laundry, make my own soda's, brew my own beer breed my own chickens and farm my own fish, but I have some other opportunities in life. It's called enjoying life with no obligations.

I admire Jeanpierre for making all those breads shown in the picture for 35 Baht, but I think he forgot to take in consideration the purchase of the oven and the electric, anyway I would consider having to clean up things after I baked those breads as already outweighing the cost I have to pay at the bakery shop.

I might be tempted to do some of those things if I didnt live in a condo which makes most of them rather impractical. Laundry I certainly do myself in my own washing machine. Taking my dirty washing downstairs to the shop and collecting it again when finished would actually be more work than putting it in my own machine and pushing the button. It would also be a pointless expense.

I do enjoy life very much, and I also enjoy the 15 minutes it takes me to make own bread. It is very satisfying. Most of the total time (about 3 hours) is actually spent waiting, which of course I can do easily whilst watching TV, listening to music or having a swim etc. Cleaning up afterwards takes seconds.

I do factor in the cost of electricity (it is minimal) but I dont factor in the cost of the oven.

• Like 1

Ahh - KK, jeanpierre and myself on the same thread again. Isn't that nice. Last time we were together, a certain Belgian gentleman promised us a beer for finding his French friend in a mooban quite close to Rick's bakery. I haven't forgotten (never do when it comes to free beer).

Jeanpierre, you have the stage.

ok you right i own you one like we are living in the neiboutnhoud tell we where i can meet you and have a drink

or i live in classic home in front of the swimming pool 128/96 i am amost every day home in the afternoon till 18h to hot to go out

we can have a drink near the pool (lucky bast.rds we are)

Edited by jeanpierre

this cost me a total of 35bht home made

no every thing included!!! while some peopel go coconut tree's i make bread and much better than that foam bread!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard from another bakery that friendship charges a whooping 20% commission on the sale price, so I'm sure Rick or any other bakery would be glad if you buy the stuff from them directly.
I also buy some stuff sometimes at friendship but what I really dislike is when they rub off the "best to use date" from the dairy products and put a "special sale " sticker on or over it.

If UHT whipping cream is 2-3 weeks over the date it is usually still good, but I do like to know how many weeks it is over the best before date...

I heard from another bakery that friendship charges a whooping 20% commission on the sale price, so I'm sure Rick or any other bakery would be glad if you buy the stuff from them directly.

I also buy some stuff sometimes at friendship but what I really dislike is when they rub off the "best to use date" from the dairy products and put a "special sale " sticker on or over it.

If UHT whipping cream is 2-3 weeks over the date it is usually still good, but I do like to know how many weeks it is over the best before date...

In fact the mentioned bread doesn't have a mfg nor expiry date on it at friendship.

I am using Rick's for some years now.

I order the bread one day ahead before 6 p.m. and can pick it up the day after, then I'm sure that I've got the desired bread and yes it is a few baht cheaper, but i usually leave THB 120 for 2 loafs behind.

Rick's is in Soi 13 off Soi Kao Noi (Soi entrance next to Red Lion Pub/Restaurant). Half way down the soi on the right hand side you'll find their bakery.

They also do pies and quiches, white/brown buns, ciabatta, etc.

Not sure if i am allowed to put their phone number here:

Edited by Rimmer
phone number and commercial blog page removed as per forum rules