Where to buy Safety glass/plastic 2m high and up to 6m long

RubbaJohnny

Please help what is the trade or industry name for safety glass or perspex please?

Plus advice on local sources

Purpose to create a pool side screen to prevent leaves,kids,animals falling in

the open side of Infinity pool

It needs to be unbreakable in case of accdents so people can still walk on poolside

Plan go up up to head height.The thin clear plastic sold here is not strong enough nor normal glass.

I know where homemart is located ,any other places or in Mae Sai Mae Chan be good or around C Rai city

If absolutely necessary could order from C Mai as long will fitt safely in a pick up truck so 2x1.5 pices ideal as large aspossible but still small enough to handle and transport.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

link roughly illustrates type of thing I need,doesn't need to be same

http://poolenclosuresinc.com/tn-screen-pool-enclosures

Edited by RubbaJohnny

May not be about buying the screen but have you considered the effect of wind. We get some pretty strong and violent gusts of wind here and a wall like that would get some fairly stong forces on it.

May not be about buying the screen but have you considered the effect of wind. We get some pretty strong and violent gusts of wind here and a wall like that would get some fairly stong forces on it.

Yes ,good point it is going to be in steel frame effectively a conservatory wall with a top frame as in the picture attached

Thanks for quick response do you know any sources there is a glass shop in Thoeng so far

Can't buy a single piece with those dimensions. It will need to be in several small sections put together. Plus a large area like that is big "sail" when its windy. Wouldn't last long. Consider small opening netting which will allow air through it and keep the leaves out.

• Like 1

Can't buy a single piece with those dimensions. It will need to be in several small sections put together. Plus a large area like that is big "sail" when its windy. Wouldn't last long. Consider small opening netting which will allow air through it and keep the leaves out.

Yes but net wont stop kids falling over the'infinity' into field below

Our SCB bank has 2x4meter glass panels I asked installers they were brought from near Bangkok and too big for my truck

I realize the safety issue having built this 3rd house,It will in fact be more like a picture window did you look at the attachment?

And I see lex in wiki eapon and a US brand is it sold by that name here and if sold in N Thailand

I have the design and building ability its the materials I need please

I can’t imagine anyone up here stocks what you want so they would need to order it from Bangkok. Usually it doesn’t cost that much more to have stuff delivered and installed so in my opinion the size of your truck may not be an issue. You may need to expand your search beyond N Thailand.

Would it be cheaper and better to build a catch balcony on the side where the infinity field is. that way if you have it at a slightly lower altitude you keep the infinity field effect and could use wood or iron for the fence which you would not see.

Fall then is limited to say 3 feet which is normaly not a problem.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

It is possible to get heat tempered glass up to 12 mm thick and up to 3m long by your 2m requirement.

The main manufacturer here is call Pol Charoen and the are just north if the bridge on hiway 1

I would suggest, strongly, that if you've not done so yet, you should contact an engineer to look at wing and quake requirements. I would also recommend handing the whole thing to a company skilled in this kind of installation AND who will provide a guarantee

I would not recommend Perspex due to its propensity to yellow in prolonged exposure to sunlight.

• Like 2

Would it be cheaper and better to build a catch balcony on the side where the infinity field is. that way if you have it at a slightly lower altitude you keep the infinity field effect and could use wood or iron for the fence which you would not see.

Fall then is limited to say 3 feet which is normaly not a problem.

Yes has the builder not gone right ot the edge of our land so not possibel thanks

It is possible to get heat tempered glass up to 12 mm thick and up to 3m long by your 2m requirement.

The main manufacturer here is call Pol Charoen and the are just north if the bridge on hiway 1

I would suggest, strongly, that if you've not done so yet, you should contact an engineer to look at wing and quake requirements. I would also recommend handing the whole thing to a company skilled in this kind of installation AND who will provide a guarantee

I would not recommend Perspex due to its propensity to yellow in prolonged exposure to sunlight.

Many Thanks do you mean the bridge over the big river Mae Nam Ping near St Peters Hospital and the Big Lotus Tesco on ring Road.I live in C rai so don't know the street names to well in C mai.

If driving on Super Highway is it onleft South i.e city side or other side please?

Does it have Pol Charoen sign in English and or Thai only please

Does it look like factory,glass shop or Office ,a tel number be great?

Thanks anyway and a guarantee eh?

Not sure I believany document I have ever had hereabouts.

When the hotel night guard had parked my car and kept the keys we went safely to sleep one night.

In the morning it had a huge impact from the Hotel bus !!!

My comprehensive insurance proved useless as the guard ran away and the hotel claimed he was a stateless illegal etc

He still sits there every night and is I discovered a relative.

I prefer DIY as the general honesty ,quality here is so poor,excepting advice here of course.

Thanks to all If I can find the material we'll fix it,my family helped build the Munich metro first lines for 72 Olympiad on time under budget with bonuses all round,I think a glass conservatory will be feasible.

Edited by RubbaJohnny