Navy and Police Post-Curfew Checkpoint in Central Pattaya

Lite Beer

Navy and Police Post-Curfew Checkpoint in Central Pattaya

check-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- As the Midnight curfew came into effect, early on Sunday Morning, The Royal Thai Navy, with assistance from Pattaya Police and District Officials, formed a checkpoint in Central Pattaya to check those who were on the streets after the curfew.

The Checkpoint was situated on the Sukhumvit Road on the Bangkok-bound carriageway, in front of the Boonthavorn Home Improvement Store in Central Pattaya and featured heavily-armed Navy personnel who were assisted in searching vehicles and individuals by Pattaya Police and District Officials. Traffic came to a standstill on the main highway as every vehicle was checked along with its occupants.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/130088/navy-and-police-post-curfew-checkpoint-in-central-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-01

Enforcement has been quite soft. At midnight last night most WS bars were only in the process of closing and there were many people milling about. I got back to Jomtien about 1am. I suspect that the authorities will not start enforcing the curfew until 1:30-2:00am. Enforcement in Bangkok is a bit more strict according to people I've spoken to.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But in Samui and in Phuket people told me there was no curfew

Well, they may play by their own rules in Samui and Phuket, but believe me the curfew is very real in Pattaya.

They may not actually clear the street but ALL places of entertainment are closing just after midnight.

It is possible to get another drink for about an hour or so if you want to sit looking over your shoulder in an unlit beer bar; but for ***** sake that's no holiday.

And frankly, despite all the hot air and promises to "think about it" I don't see anything changing in the near future.

Having said that, I'm not psychic and may well be wrong; my opinion is only based on watching Our Leader on Friday night and reading the official pronouncements.

Enforcement has been quite soft. At midnight last night most WS bars were only in the process of closing and there were many people milling about. I got back to Jomtien about 1am. I suspect that the authorities will not start enforcing the curfew until 1:30-2:00am. Enforcement in Bangkok is a bit more strict according to people I've spoken to.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

According to people in my office police have searched the homes of some people in Bkk caught out after curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My understanding is that they will not chase tourists in Pattaya. The check point was located far away from the bar area and beach rd.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app