Anti Pigeon net

angelsephemera

There is a small balcony outside my condo that has become absolutely disgusting, inches of shit and bird corpses, nests, even two eggs. It has to go, I have looked at the neighbours solutions and the prison style wire looks to drastic, i have seen a light netting, i wonder how it is secured in place. where can i buy such a net, it would have to sizable as my balcony aperture is 3.5m x 2.5m?

Edited by angelsephemera

We had something that looked remarkably like fishing net, holes about 1 1/2" effective against pigeons but let the small birds in.

Secured to lots of screw-eyes drilled into the concrete (on the inside), assuming your landlord is amenable shouldn't cost the earth to get a man in to install.

Talk to condo management, I'll bet they have a man and a source of netting.

Light plastic netting secured by thin cord top and bottom. I use at my condo and no birds. Buy it at most hardware type stores.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

super thanks- I will have to make pigeon noises at the local store

If you sound like a chicken you might end up with some fresh eggs! That's what I did the first time I bought eggs in Thailand and couldn't find them in the store. When the clerks stopped laughing they showed me where they were, right next to the hammers in the hardware department!

On my rented condo in Hua Hin I placed 6 eye hooks into the concrete on each side of the balcony above the rail. First hook was about 4" above the rail. Going upwards. Then stretched clear mono filament fishing line between the hooks. The pattern was simple: 2" up, 2" over and alternate the pattern.

X

X

X

X

X

X

Never had a pigeon problem again.