Apple WWDC what to expect, the best marketing money can buy but the same old shit nobody uses

2008bangkok

I have a great phone, no camera no internet I can make and receive call and I think I can text (not tried to do that yet), and it only needs charging once a week, all up cost less than 500 Bt

Ps have dropped it a few times and it is still going strong

• Like 1

I have a great phone, no camera no internet I can make and receive call and I think I can text (not tried to do that yet), and it only needs charging once a week, all up cost less than 500 Bt

It would be nice to go back to that era, nokia 101, 3210 no nothing just a phone and a battery for days, nowadays alot of the stuff is unnecessary, i just need a decent camera on the phone for those quick moments and whatsapp for international messaging/mms but the more we have the facebook, twitter, instagram, sports results, news, the more we look.

Whoop de doo, they've sure stopped the innovation since Steve popped his clogs, haven't they?

Apple held a two-hour keynote today to kick off its weeklong developers conference, WWDC.

The big stories: its operating systems for Mac, iPhone, and iPad are getting updates.

There's a new version Mac OS X, the operating system for Macs. It's called Yosemite and features a refined look similar to the colorful design found in iOS 7 for the iPhone. It also has an update to the search function Spotlight that lets you search the internet, Wikipedia, movie times, and more. You can activate Spotlight by typing while on desktop.

Mac OS X is available in beta starting today. The final version will be ready for everyone in the fall. Apple is giving it away as a free download for Macs.

well to be fair some features look cool, the ability to be able to anwser calls on a ipad or mac and send messages from any ios device is kinda cool,

If they could just have homescreen widgets that would be cool

No home screen widgets but notification centre widgets instead - almost there ;)

well to be fair some features look cool, the ability to be able to anwser calls on a ipad or mac and send messages from any ios device is kinda cool,

If they could just have homescreen widgets that would be cool

No home screen widgets but notification centre widgets instead - almost there ;)

Nearly,

• 2 weeks later...

Oh whoop-de-do. So why are you posting in the Apple forum trying to look cool by saying you're stuck in the 1990's. I assume you also use a type writer rather than a computer, as who'd need all those 'fancy' features such as email, right?

• Like 1

Whoop de doo, they've sure stopped the innovation since Steve popped his clogs, haven't they?

Apple held a two-hour keynote today to kick off its weeklong developers conference, WWDC.

The big stories: its operating systems for Mac, iPhone, and iPad are getting updates.

There's a new version Mac OS X, the operating system for Macs. It's called Yosemite and features a refined look similar to the colorful design found in iOS 7 for the iPhone. It also has an update to the search function Spotlight that lets you search the internet, Wikipedia, movie times, and more. You can activate Spotlight by typing while on desktop.

Mac OS X is available in beta starting today. The final version will be ready for everyone in the fall. Apple is giving it away as a free download for Macs.

So did you actually WATCH the keynote? If you did you'd realise there were tons of new features. And it's actually aimed at developers, and the general consensus was that the new features are very very good news for developers (like me). For example, opening up the Touch ID API, also allowing creation of extensions, Continuity, Metal (for better 3D), etc etc the list goes on.

Oh and how about some other innovations post-jobs such as a completely new Mac Pro, etc etc.

Oh whoop-de-do. So why are you posting in the Apple forum trying to look cool by saying you're stuck in the 1990's. I assume you also use a type writer rather than a computer, as who'd need all those 'fancy' features such as email, right?

No I have used Apple desk top computers for around 10 years and have never had a virus attack in that time, also have an Apple Air lap top for traveling, great machines with terrific operating systems.

I love seeing the plonkers get out their huge telephones and try to work out how to use it, scrolling up and down like a demented banshie.

• Like 2

No I have used Apple desk top computers for around 10 years and have never had a virus attack in that time, also have an Apple Air lap top for traveling, great machines with terrific operating systems.

I love seeing the plonkers get out their huge telephones and try to work out how to use it, scrolling up and down like a demented banshie.

Oh well fair enough :-) Yeah I'm not a fan of those ginormous phones. Hopefully the next iPhone isn't going to be stupidly large. The current 4 inches suits me just fine....

Oh well fair enough :-) Yeah I'm not a fan of those ginormous phones. Hopefully the next iPhone isn't going to be stupidly large. The current 4 inches suits me just fine....

I tend to think the same but am going to have to take a look at it. 6 inches might be nice.