Metal detector

mccw

It should be obvious but I would like one that actually works to a reasonable depth. I don't know anything about them ; but fancy a go on my land. Anyone know more about details of equipment I would welcome their advice.

I ran a detector for years. My favorite brand was Whites and Fisher. Fisher has a good water machine for fresh water beaches. Salt water plays hell with em you have to rinse them off good as soon as you come out of the water. Ebay might be a good option. The ground here would be hard as h-ll to dig here unless it is the rainy season. Back in Canada a good one ran around $1,000 dollars some years ago. To get good depth run one with ear phones plugged in.

If you're handy with a soldering iron there are electronic parts shops in CM that have the parts to make your own. I recently built a PI type. Not the prettiest but works great and a whole lot less expensive than a factory built one. Been experimenting with different coils for it as well.

post-114070-0-19428100-1401829302_thumb.

post-114070-0-31043000-1401829336_thumb.

• Like 1

If you're handy with a soldering iron there are electronic parts shops in CM that have the parts to make your own. I recently built a PI type. Not the prettiest but works great and a whole lot less expensive than a factory built one. Been experimenting with different coils for it as well.

Cool.

Good work.

Personally I wouldn't know where to start. Haven't used a soldering thing since school but if other options look crazy expensive then I might give it a go.

Cheers for the inspiration.

MCCW,

Are you looking for buried gold plates, long hidden WWII bombs or the tourist buried in the sand by a passing damaged jet ski.

I will be looking for treasure of course

OMG your amazing! My and Mr Attol spend some time on the island doing this. Friends laughed at us until after 100's of rusted nails and Chang bottle caps we found some good stuff. clap2.gif and have reaped a few rewards for for finding lost rings from the owners.

post-113389-0-60341600-1401910216_thumb.

Edited by Attol

OMG your amazing! My and Mr Attol spend some time on the island doing this. Friends laughed at us until after 100's of rusted nails and Chang bottle caps we found some good stuff. clap2.gif and have reaped a few rewards for for finding lost rings from the owners.

That is what I would like to do, get out to the beaches and do some searching. Maybe later this summer. smile.png

That is what I would like to do, get out to the beaches and do some searching. Maybe later this summer. smile.png

Make sure you purchase one that uses headphones in that case.