Can Anyone Translate This Note In My Last Visa Run

Wifey can't read any more either :o Probably means that the next immigration man won't be able to interpret the note whatever it says.

Sooo, What does our OP have on page 20?

I'm not aware of any VISA that gives a 30 day stay :D

Wifey can't read any more either :o Probably means that the next immigration man won't be able to interpret the note whatever it says.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, far sooner than expected:)

//edit - photo removed - lopburi3//

Page 20 shows the Non Immigrant Visa which was obtained by completely the online Royal Thai Consulate Hull, UK, application with payment (about 92 GBP) by credit card. A friend posted my passport and application when he was in UK. The passport, complete with visa was posted to his address in UK and forwarded to me.

Any suggestions for the next step?

Thanks,

John_Betong

This may be beside the issue, but I have never seen a Non-Immigrant B Visa for Thailand that is just a stamp, and not an adhesive piece of paper.

This is just speculation on my part, but perhaps the officer was unsure of the validity of the visa for the same reason.

With a proper Non-Immigrant B visa, you should be given a 90 day permission to stay.

This may be beside the issue, but I have never seen a Non-Immigrant B Visa for Thailand that is just a stamp, and not an adhesive piece of paper.

This is just speculation on my part, but perhaps the officer was unsure of the validity of the visa for the same reason.

With a proper Non-Immigrant B visa, you should be given a 90 day permission to stay.

Hi Meadish. Both Hull and Cardiff use a rubber stamp like the one shown, so it's legal. My Cardiff one actually spells it a "Cardief" :D

Wonder why he got 30 days, unless the officer was suspicious of the way the visa had been obtained (which sounds iffy from the description).

I BELIEVE that you are supposed to be in the UK when you apply for the visa, from the dates on your entry / exit stamps and the issue date of the visa Mr Immigration would be easily able to deduce that you were not :o

Must admit I'm surprised that they issued the visa in the first place.

Edited by Crossy

Hi there Meadish i have had two of these rubber block visas from Hull in the UK exactly like the one pictured.

The reason is obvious now why the immigration has wrote this in the passport as it is invalid due to not entering Thailand from the issuing country, It may also be illegal to obtain a visa this way (not sure).

Cheers Noodles.

As has been said. The visa you have from Hull is not considered valid. It was issued on 23 May 2006 with you, I suspect, here in Thailand according to your passport stamps. If you were really in the UK when it was issued you should take to immigration and ask them why you only received a 30 day entry without visa stamp.

Hi All,

When I first came to Bangkok (after three years in Malaysia) I got a job here and the company recommended the service of a visa-agent to get me the magic Non Immigrant Visa. This I did and I received my passport back from Royal Thai Consulate General, Houston Texas dated September 9th 2002.

I was supposed to apply for a work permit but meanwhile the company closed down. I had no problem using the Non-Immigrant Visa for multiple entries but "the times they are a changing". Possible name for a song:)

>>> The reason is obvious now why the immigration has wrote... invalid due to not entering...

I would have preferred it if this fact had been noticed in Hull, the visa was not issued and my credit card not debited.

I read the attached notes on the application form and there was no reference about having to actually be in the country at the time of issue. I had been issued a visa previously without leaving the country so I assumed it would be valid once again.

Cheers,

John_Betong

I would have preferred it if this fact had been noticed in Hull, the visa was not issued and my credit card not debited.

You can bet your life they noticed.

They just dont give a &^%$

Its another 6000 baht in the kitty and anyway, the responsibilitly lies with you make sure that your documents are valid.

I read the attached notes on the application form and there was no reference about having to actually be in the country at the time of issue.

On the application form itself you certified with your signature that the information you gave was correct. One piece of information you gave was “Date of departure from UK”. Are you saying that Hull gave you that visa in May 2006 even though the date of departure from UK you gave was earlier than the application date?
I had been issued a visa previously without leaving the country so I assumed it would be valid once again.
Are you saying that based on the information you gave on the application form, the consular official issuing the visa knew or should have known that you were in Thailand on the date you applied by mail for the visa?

---------------

Maestro

I bet you didn’t tell Hull that you were in Thailand when you applied for the visa

Where did this stamp and Thai writing get done? When did your last visa expire?

As I understand you now have to be in your own country to obtain the none immigrant ‘o’ visa and if you are still in Thailand you have overstayed by 8 days and its now 500bht per day fine but I am not sure what the maximum is

I think you had best phone the British embassy and tell them everything and get their advise

Hi All,

When I first came to Bangkok (after three years in Malaysia) I got a job here and the company recommended the service of a visa-agent to get me the magic Non Immigrant Visa. This I did and I received my passport back from Royal Thai Consulate General, Houston Texas dated September 9th 2002.

I was supposed to apply for a work permit but meanwhile the company closed down. I had no problem using the Non-Immigrant Visa for multiple entries but "the times they are a changing". Possible name for a song:)

>>> The reason is obvious now why the immigration has wrote... invalid due to not entering...

I read the attached notes on the application form and there was no reference about having to actually be in the country at the time of issue. I had been issued a visa previously without leaving the country so I assumed it would be valid once again.

Cheers,

John_Betong

I assume that you have been in Thailand since sept 2002 so what have you done about your visa till now? As that visa would have expired in 2003 so there is a 3 year gap till now

looks like the op entered the country from cambodia after receiving his passport back (in cambodia?)

should have a tm card etc. so nothing illegal. other than not being present when the visa was issued in hull.

i would imagine that if enough of these hull non-imm multi entries get flagged at borders then hull will be instructed to stop issuing them.

looks like the op entered the country from cambodia after receiving his passport back (in cambodia?)

should have a tm card etc. so nothing illegal. other than not being present when the visa was issued in hull.

i would imagine that if enough of these hull non-imm multi entries get flagged at borders then hull will be instructed to stop issuing them.

Very unusual way from cambodia (Duang) to Pong Nam Ron (Thailand) I think!

The way I read it is that I think you will find the OP was in Thailand and not in Cambodia his passport show he was in Cambodia for one day 11th June 06 but he says he came to Thailand in 2002 so how has he got on since 2003 when his visa ran out

maybe he has been doing border runs since 2003.

to me it looks like he entered thailand at pong nam rawn using the visa from hull.

maybe the op will post again with more info

Well I was just going on what it shows in his passport the entry into Thailand is stamped 11th of June 06 and the Cambodian visa was issued that same day but I could be wrong

looking again it shows 11th of june 2005 till 10th july 2006 i dont think that can be right

I hope this sort of thing does not upset the apple cart as I get my visa form Hull

When I renewed my pass port a few months ago my multi entry visa was still current and I was told to go to the Thai immigration to have my visa transferred into my new passport, this I did and was seen to almost straight away and was not charged anything but when I went to Cambodia on my return to Thailand I had to show my old passport and forcibly point out that I was entitled to a further 90 days in Thailand so they had to change the date they had put on my new passport

It was all a bit confusing and I was lucky I had my expired passport with me so I am not really sure what the entry is that the Thai immigration put on my passport

Edited by djc45

Our friend here definately not the innocent...... :D

How he entered from Cambodia would be a thing as coming from UK you would arrive at Bangkok airport and be giving a flight number ex UK.

He's lucky to get any stamp and not be deported. :D

Best to leave Thailand make new passport and start over :D

Have in a wild moment contemplated his move myself but thought better of it :o

Mind you the little note does draw attention to his visa for the next station :D

By the by the Hull consulate are a company of ship's chandlers and none of them are Thai nationals and it does say on the website that applications are made in UK only. :D

Our friend here definately not the innocent...... :D

How he entered from Cambodia would be a thing as coming from UK you would arrive at Bangkok airport and be giving a flight number ex UK.

He's lucky to get any stamp and not be deported. :D

Best to leave Thailand make new passport and start over :D

Have in a wild moment contemplated his move myself but thought better of it :o

Mind you the little note does draw attention to his visa for the next station :D

By the by the Hull consulate are a company of ship's chandlers and none of them are Thai nationals and it does say on the website that applications are made in UK only. :D

Not sure if he has defaced the Cambodian visa but it looks like he has and that might not go down well with the authorities if he has

Hi All,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, far sooner than expected:)

Page 20 shows the Non Immigrant Visa which was obtained by completely the online Royal Thai Consulate Hull, UK, application with payment (about 92 GBP) by credit card. A friend posted my passport and application when he was in UK. The passport, complete with visa was posted to his address in UK and forwarded to me.

Thanks,

John_Betong

Next step. New passport and a new visa ( said visa being obtained personally )

Thanks,

John_Betong

What visarun company did you go with? Why didn't they check your passsport before you got on the bus?

Why would the visa run company do this??? It's not their job to check that you have a valid visa (particularly that you were out of the country when it was issued), that is YOUR job.

The visa run chaps are really only interested if you are on overstay, because that could delay the return journey whilst they wait for you to fix YOUR problem.

Just a question for anyone who has obtained a visa from Hull recently. It used to be the case that you had to get someone to financially guarantee your repatriation by signing a letter to that effect. Looking on their site recently this no longer seems to be the case, it seems that you now simply guarantee yourself. Is this the actual case now, or am I mistaken?

Thanks

Thanks,

John_Betong

What visarun company did you go with? Why didn't they check your passsport before you got on the bus?

Why would the visa run company do this??? It's not their job to check that you have a valid visa (particularly that you were out of the country when it was issued), that is YOUR job.

The visa run chaps are really only interested if you are on overstay, because that could delay the return journey whilst they wait for you to fix YOUR problem.

The OP's mate in the UK posted the application and passport to Hull. Hull returned the passport to the mate who forwarded it on to the OP in Thailand.

Just a question for anyone who has obtained a visa from Hull recently. It used to be the case that you had to get someone to financially guarantee your repatriation by signing a letter to that effect. Looking on their site recently this no longer seems to be the case, it seems that you now simply guarantee yourself. Is this the actual case now, or am I mistaken?

Thanks

It seems that you are not mistaken.. this has changed very recently.

totster :o