Sadao: Press association president nabbed for ordering his wife's murder

webfact

Can someone tell me (in greatest detail) what his lovely creative "cover story" was?

I'm in need of a good laugh, this morning...

One of the things I tell my students of all ages, is that (compared to us Americans, who are terrific, creative liars, who can tell believable lies while looking quite convincing) is that Thais are terrible liars, and that a farang can ALWAYS tell when a Thai is lying...

I cite the three standard excuses for being late (there IS NO number 4), as examples:

1) traffic jam

2) accident

3) hospital

and never the truth (unless I go humorously exploring there in conversation)... "I was ass-lazy and didn't feel like getting my ass out of bed, and don't give a rats-ass about showing up to class an hour late anyway", lol.

To be fair, though, I DO expound upon the American flair for creative lies, but go on to talk about creative thinking in general, and cite some terrific American movie stories where the ideas were (mutually agreed) VERY original and creative (versus this year's recycling of "Pee Mak" 55555)

AND go on to make sure my students always know I prefer the company of Thais over Westerners, and prefer living HERE over living in the states ;)

"The three suspects were reported to have told the police that they were told by Mr Chaiyong to wait for Mrs Wanpen at the rubber plantation and killed her once she stepped out of her car."

"The four suspects are being held at Sadao district police station. All have denied the charges."

so which is it? they confessed and then denied the charges?

Whoever wrote this story needs to be charged with something...

3 suspects plus husband equals 4

Well, the TV detectives sussed this out in short order ..... clap2.gif Actually if he bothered to

read TV, when he realized that his pathetic cover story did not fly at all, he should have done

a runner and headed to Cambodia to join all the other Thais on the run. Now this is going

to cost him a whole bunch of money to sort this out....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

As I was passing through Sadao area a couple of years ago a girl with us pointed out a mansion we were passing and told a similar tale about the owner's wife being murdered. Everyone (except police) believed he was responsible. No charges were ever laid..

"The three suspects were reported to have told the police that they were told by Mr Chaiyong to wait for Mrs Wanpen at the rubber plantation and killed her once she stepped out of her car."

"The four suspects are being held at Sadao district police station. All have denied the charges."

oh, so it was you who wrote the story...now it all makes sense...

When the story 1st came out most people concluded, including myself that the husband was involved. A kindergarten child could have come up with a better lie than the husband tried to feed the police.

Yeah, he should have used Uncle Guido. Guido schedules the date and time and guarantees his work. He tells you to go out of town and establish an unbreakable alibi(he recommends you go to a police station and report a minor theft). At the appointed time, he will break into your house, kill your spouse and rob you blind.

He deserves all he gets for the murder, for hatching such a ridiculously amateurish plan and for thinking his story would be believed.

His mistake was that he forgot the Army have got the police working again. In the past he might well have got away with it.

• Like 1

oh, so it was you who wrote the story...now it all makes sense...

'The president of the Southern Press Association was today (Wednesday) arrested by police on murder charge for allegedly plotting the murder of his wife.

Three other people were also arrested on the same charge'

If you read the opening lines of the OP you'll find it's not that tricky to work out.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

You really have to laugh at the standard of reporting. Stabbed to death because the gun went dud. When the story was first reported:

"The wife of Chaiyong Maneerungsakul, the Southern Newspapers Association of Thailand president, was fatally shot by an unknown gunman who lured the couple to inspect a damaged rubber plantation."

So I'm guessing she was fatally shot with a knife then.

• Like 1