Illegal bungalows in Tarutao National Marine Park demolished: Satun

webfact

Illegal bungalows in marine park demolished
The Nation

SATUN: -- Officials of Tarutao National Marine Park in Satun yesterday tore down eight bungalows and a worker's dormitory built illegally on Lipe Island.

Karal Sanbu watched the demolition of his bungalows and said he suffered Bt10 million in damages. He also said he would fight the allegation in court.

Chief warden Panapol Cheewaserichon said the land was leased by an investor but was forestland. This was the first time authorities used the National Parks Act to remove structures on Lipe and they would proceed to act on other encroachers.

In Sukhothai, deputy governor Piti Kaewsalabsi reported encroachment on 300 rai of Khao Luang National Forest in Tambon Wang Takhro of Ban Dan Lan Hoi district. Officials would be asked to recover the forestland and punish the wrongdoers.

About 1.3 million rai of forestland has shrunk to 900,000 rai, so the province would crack down on encroachers and also plans to build 100 check dams within two months.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-05

• Like 2

Quite a change from past times when illegal structures stood for years then when action was called for every excuse possible used to allow them to remain.

Damned.

I looked everywhere to find a thread I published in another forum about 3 years ago but can not find it.

I asked members what they were thinking about paying thee money to officials in Thailand and about 99% of the answers were:

"I love to live in Thailand because in Thailand I can go out and drink and drive home afterwards without the fear of being punished for driving while intoxicated. If Police stops me, I just offer them 200 Baht and drive home."

"I love to live in Thailand because everything can be bought here. Every official in Thailand has his (low) price."

.Will they now go all back to their country?

• Like 2

Just need to punish the officials who let this happen in the first place....

About 1.3 million rai of forestland has shrunk to 900,000 rai,

Not like it just happened overnight coffee1.gif

Many things occur over long periods of time. Education and wisdom come to mind.

No mention in he article about the details of the dormitory probably used for slave labor and human trafficking. No further mention of the Thais implicated in managing this network in previous news.

• Like 2

Sure, local administration combined with headman, park rangers and other local neighbours would all be aware of the clearing of land, the construction of the said bungalows etc. The land Lessee ??? papers from who ??? signed by who ?? local land office surely had to be involved in the initial land purchase by this Land Leaser .

• Like 1

Not so easy......From another island I know the officials are just a few person and after an argument they got told that they will be shot on sight if they ever come again on that island. Needless to say that they get zero help from the Police or from Bangkok. And of course not everyone is a 100 % idealist who fight for nothing but troubles.

Of course if the military helps, the situation is complete different.

When will we hear similar reports about Koh Samet?

Yes Koh Samet is a national park. Is the beach area classed as a national park ??? all the beach resorts are built on national park soil ??? Water and electricity is owned by ????

Hotels built, bungalows running up the hill sides. Maybe I am wrong maybe 200 meters from the sea inland is NOT classed as a national park and can be developed.???

The problem is to enter the interior there is a checkpoint where you pay a park entrance. beyond that it is built up.

When entering each bay park wardens are standing on the beach collecting entrance money from wading tourists. JOKE FARCE.

Could it be that after 25 years you are entitled to remain. Like squatters rights. ??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

About 1.3 million rai of forestland has shrunk to 900,000 rai,

Not like it just happened overnight coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif
Many things occur over long periods of time. Education and wisdom come to mind.

So what's your point?

Quite a change from past times when illegal structures stood for years then when action was called for every excuse possible used to allow them to remain.

Damned.

I looked everywhere to find a thread I published in another forum about 3 years ago but can not find it.

I asked members what they were thinking about paying thee money to officials in Thailand and about 99% of the answers were:

"I love to live in Thailand because in Thailand I can go out and drink and drive home afterwards without the fear of being punished for driving while intoxicated. If Police stops me, I just offer them 200 Baht and drive home."

"I love to live in Thailand because everything can be bought here. Every official in Thailand has his (low) price."

.Will they now go all back to their country?

Lets hope so, especially the drunken and drugged up idiots, the country is far better without this sort of scum driving around.

No mention in he article about the details of the dormitory probably used for slave labor and human trafficking. No further mention of the Thais implicated in managing this network in previous news.

Yes, there were details quoted, it was a workers dormitory, nothing to do with slave labour or trafficking.

• Like 1

Lots of Army generals have houses in national parks,

Leaving aside unfounded rumour, what makes you say that?

Marlow, he said it because he wants Yingluck back and is trying this approach--stupid dangerous post.

• Like 1

This is welcome news,a clean up of the national parks hierachy is urgently needed too.

It is well known that top positions were sold as they could make you rich quickly with corruption money. And we know the value the nature had for the previous government.

Som nam naa , lost 10.000.000 .

No research before investing , everybody in Thailand knows that buying or leasing land in a National Park and building there is a risky thing to do .