True Visions lost their concession

N47HAN

According to the scrolling banner going across my screen True Visions concession runs out in September this year.

Theyre promoring a switch to another "True Visions" company that they say will add an additional 20 channels to your exisiting package for free if you switch.

Does this mean maybe there might another satelite provider come september ?

Any body have anymore info ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The amended concession between MCOT and UBC (predecessor to TrueVisions Public company ltd) expires Setp 2014.

Truevisions GroupCompany Limited has the concession from then (do not know how they got it)

They are effectively the same company, in fact you may already be signed up to the new company, I am. Check at the top of the true visions monthly statement.

The company name will be either Truevisions PLC or TrueVisions Group Co. Ltd.. Same company address but different Company and VAT numbers.

Oh thx,

Typical Thai style then I guess. Have a concessio for x years. And when it comes to end set a new company up bid for the concession and amazingly win the concession again.

From the powers now in charge, along the lines of the army are now running the show now

Edit , NCOP

From my official translating service company.

www.wife can u tell me what this says in thai . com

:-)

Edited by N47HAN

From my official translating service company.

www.wife can u tell me what this says in thai . com

:-)

That site hardly ever seems to work for me, more trouble than it's worth. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Old Croc

True are definitely trying to resign as many customers as they can, as soon as possible, months out from the change. They're even offering an extra 20 channels as a sign on bonus.

Suggests there may well be some alternatives on the horizon.

Think I'll wait as long as possible to see what pops up.

True are definitely trying to resign as many customers as they can, as soon as possible, months out from the change. They're even offering an extra 20 channels as a sign on bonus.

Up to you, of course, but do not see any difference if you sign up now or later. There is no minimum service period so you could cancel at any time with no penalty.

As an aside... I only found out about it when I dropped by the Local true visions office to ask why I was not receiving a certain sports channel (cannot recall which now). They got on the phone and said it was only available via TruevisionsGroup. She asked did I want to change, after ascertaining that there were no additional charges or conditions, I said OK. Anyway after a few more minutes of the girl talking to head office it was all done.

I'm on 'gold' but was given access to all channels except NHK and 1 Disney channel for 3 months free.

About a month later got a note from TrueVisions Plc stating that my original deposit had been transferred and credited to trueVisionsGroup.

Up to you, of course, but do not see any difference if you sign up now or later. There is no minimum service period so you could cancel at any time with no penalty.

Sorry If I wasn't very clear. I don't expect to get more from True by holding off.

The difference may be that another supplier might appear who will offer a cheaper, and/or better, alternative.

My perception is that, as True are keen to re sign everyone now, they may be worried about future competition.

In my experience, it would be much easier to change suppliers if the contract is finished rather than try to cancel later.

As an example, when I changed from TOT internet, they made it as hard and expensive as possible to effect change.

Edited by Old Croc

Sorry If I wasn't very clear. I don't expect to get more from True by holding off.

The difference may be that another supplier might appear who will offer a cheaper, and/or better, alternative.

My perception is that, as True are keen to re sign everyone now, they may be worried about future competition.

In my experience, it would be much easier to change suppliers if the contract is finished rather than try to cancel later.

As an example, when I changed from TOT internet, they made it as hard and expensive as possible to effect change.

"My perception is that, as True are keen to re sign everyone now, they may be worried about future competition."

True is still going to own the equipment and they are not asking you to extend your existing contract. If you're paid up to December already, for example, the balance of your contract will be shifted to the new entity, but it would still need to be renewed after December. It wouldn't be handed over to some nonexistent competitor since all the equipment would still belong to TrueVisionsGroup.

If you wanted to shift to a (highly unlikely) new supplier once your current contract with True expires or even before, this wouldn't prevent that. You can call them tomorrow, cancel your subscription with True and ring up the Fly By Night satellite service and ask them to bring around a new dish and box if you want. Good luck getting a refund from True, but otherwise no worries.

When I left TOT I paid them for the current amount due and said goodbye. The lady at the TOT office wasn't too pleased, but she didn't twist my arm and I didn't pay for anything beyond the period of service up to the day I quit. When you first start a service with TOT you usually sign something agreeing to keep the service for one year, but even that has some ways to void the agreement and it doesn't extend beyond the first year.

"My perception is that, as True are keen to re sign everyone now, they may be worried about future competition."

True is still going to own the equipment and they are not asking you to extend your existing contract. If you're paid up to December already, for example, the balance of your contract will be shifted to the new entity, but it would still need to be renewed after December. It wouldn't be handed over to some nonexistent competitor since all the equipment would still belong to TrueVisionsGroup.

If you wanted to shift to a (highly unlikely) new supplier once your current contract with True expires or even before, this wouldn't prevent that. You can call them tomorrow, cancel your subscription with True and ring up the Fly By Night satellite service and ask them to bring around a new dish and box if you want. Good luck getting a refund from True, but otherwise no worries.

When I left TOT I paid them for the current amount due and said goodbye. The lady at the TOT office wasn't too pleased, but she didn't twist my arm and I didn't pay for anything beyond the period of service up to the day I quit. When you first start a service with TOT you usually sign something agreeing to keep the service for one year, but even that has some ways to void the agreement and it doesn't extend beyond the first year.

Thankyou for pointing out some obvious hardware issues.

And I appreciate your permission and best wishes on refunds. However, not an issue, I pay for my 3 boxes with Platinum service on a monthly basis.

Do you have a contact # for Fly By Night? May be worth checking in much the same way I intend to check any other supplier who MAY turn up.

When I cancelled TOT after several years with them, I was paying monthly, they made us jump through hoops. The wife made 3 trips to the office in total with various pieces unrelated paperwork (in my opinion) and was required to put down a deposit above what was owed, to cover imagined extras. I was glad to see the last of them.

I am with Truevision Cable Public Company Ltd. A few months back Truevision stopped showing International rugby matches on Setanta as they had 'lost the concession' Yesterday evening, after trying to stream England v All Blacks unsuccessfully, I accidentally went to Setanta, and there it was, with England 3 up. Obliviously Truevision has done a new deal with Setanta or the new Truevision has. Whatever. I am happy with that but a bit tight top lipped about the final result in the rugby. As the old saying goes, "Good game! Good game"

As I see it, existing viewers just have to phone the number which is in the English version of instructions at the bottom of their screens and their contract will be transferred to the newly named Truevision company.

Edited by Gandtee

Re post 14. True visions did not show the 6 Nations this year as Setanta lost that contract. They are showing all the up coming Internationals live. Just keep watching.

Yesterday's game rather ordinary, to say the least. Over forty kicks in play in 40 minutes does not help running rugby.

BAYBOY?