1155 never works

slygeeza

lady at Mikes steps smashing bottles and threatening people and stamped on drunk farangs head, the police eventually took her away because she wouldn't shut up. but one hour later she is back throwing bottles, I call 1155 but it doesnt work, well such is life but I have no respect for....various things that I cant mention here I suppose

Edited by slygeeza

heres 3 numbers town hall gave me for police

]

038420802 34

none of them work of course

its not a third world country but get used to the fact that you cannot call the police on a telephone

I live in Banglamung, or at least I thought I do because I'm living not far from their police station. I do speak Thai and when I had a problem, I called 191 and 1155 which resulted in me being hung up on!

Banglamung station told me I do not live in Banglamung. So now what?

I call the police station directly 038424186 and prayed the operator did not hang up on me again.

In about 20 minutes, a young and very polite officer came to my apartment to offer his help. He was patient and courteous. He finally rolled up some newspaper and killed the spider for me. :)

None of those numbers work when you need them to. Many Thai business numbers don't even work, just as many government offices don't answer their phones. It's pathetic. Don't know why they even have them.

It's a funny thing that as you drive from Theppasit and Sukimvit towards Bang Saray there are no

less than 3 closely spaced signs on the highway giving you a short number - anyone remember what it is -

that says :"Complain" under it.biggrin.png

It's a funny thing that as you drive from Theppasit and Sukimvit towards Bang Saray there are no

less than 3 closely spaced signs on the highway giving you a short number - anyone remember what it is -

City Hall - 1137

City Hall - 1137

It is actually 1337. See you did not remember BB1950!!:-)

the strange thing is that the police gave the lady a beer to get her onto the back of the pickup because she wasnt going to leave voluntarily, she was obviously drunk and screaming at the police and random people and theres a guy bleeding from where shes attracted him and broken bottles all over the pavement where shes smashed them, and yet they dont even sober her up in the cells, they let her go even more drunk then she was before to go back to the same place and continue throwing stuff around and shouting at people. when I walked past an hour later she was threatening to bottle the same guy who she had previously attacked who no doubt hadnt expecting her to return so soon. I hope hes still alive

Edited by slygeeza

None of those numbers work when you need them to. Many Thai business numbers don't even work, just as many government offices don't answer their phones. It's pathetic. Don't know why they even have them.

You know about the Asian concept of "Face?" The signs look good for the city but in practice, nobody could care less. Reminds me of the 100 day mourning for an old monk. There was big talk by officials of bars closing, etc. How long did that last? 2 minutes?

What does the OP mean by "never work" ?

- I think I only remember one time where someone used it, but it worked and he get redirected on a local police office.

- 1155 is a national hotline

- 191 will give you a local police station. (in fact it may redirect on numbers given by Slygeeza above)

- 1337 is the service of City Hall and this one work very well. I personally used it several times.

City Hall - 1137

It is actually 1337. See you did not remember BB1950!!:-)

You're right! thumbsup.gif

What does the OP mean by "never work" ?

- I think I only remember one time where someone used it, but it worked and he get redirected on a local police office.

- 1155 is a national hotline

- 191 will give you a local police station. (in fact it may redirect on numbers given by Slygeeza above)

- 1337 is the service of City Hall and this one work very well. I personally used it several times.

yes occasionally the police number works, but mostly not

city hall worked fine, but what are they going to do? they gave me 3 phone numbers to contact the police and none of them worked

city hall worked fine, but what are they going to do?

they gave me 3 phone numbers to contact the police and none of them worked

City Hall 1337 is not an emergency service like others above.

I used this number to inform them of an big electric transformer who was "flashing" (Electric company arrived 20 mn later. Coincidence?), to inform of a dangerous sign about to fall (action 1 day later), to complain about some CD-sellers making noise very late (very few effect sad.png), ...

It seems to me part of their job is to collect complaints and to report main problems to their hierarchy. About noise by example, they need "a significant number" of complaints to act...