Australian Man Found Dead in Luxury Resort on Koh Samui

Quite correct! Samui... Same same!!

Let the Aussie rest in peace and hope the cops find the truth so his family can get justice! People don't just die in the prime of their life for no reason!

Even if they find the real reason after sharing with the family it might not become public

I would just wish condolences and that's it unless the media release anything else

If anyone that knew him wants to say anything positive that might help

Or a family members coming on and saying their piece

Like shut the f up

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It is very sad when a young man dies in suspicious circumstances. We all go to Fantasy land to enjoy all it has to offer but we must always be very careful not to trust anyone and to avoid taking unnecessary risks with unknown drugs and unknown persons . Having fun is fine but not at the cost of your life.

what? the real question here is what are you on to make such a statement - very odd!

• Like 1

'New Sherman House Resort'. Absolutely nothing on Google. Mysterious luxury resort... Ps RIP.

Hello Gulfsailor

It does exist, so no longer mysterious. By coincidence, I was just passing. Photograph is below. As you can see, as SamuiRes has said in post 27 above, it is not a Resort, but a luxury villa that backs on to the beach.

Although it is on a busy road, it is set back, and looks secluded. There is a traffic cone outside with a sign saying "STOP" in Thai and English.

Very sad story. Like everyone else, I hope that the family receive full cooperation from the authorities and so discover the reason for his death. RIP.

post-171664-0-82675600-1402226254_thumb.

'New Sherman House Resort'. Absolutely nothing on Google. Mysterious luxury resort... Ps RIP.

Hello Gulfsailor

It does exist, so no longer mysterious. By coincidence, I was just passing. Photograph is below. As you can see, as SamuiRes has said in post 27 above, it is not a Resort, but a luxury villa that backs on to the beach.

Although it is on a busy road, it is set back, and looks secluded. There is a traffic cone outside with a sign saying "STOP" in Thai and English.

Very sad story. Like everyone else, I hope that the family receive full cooperation from the authorities and so discover the reason for his death. RIP.

image.jpg

Thank you for clearing that up. I never noticed the place. Hopefully the remaining questions will be answered in due time as well.

• Like 1

The death is mysterious because there were no signs of being attacked or robbed.

This statement speaks volumes...being attacked or robbed is the normal signs when a foreigner is found dead...these mysteries...also...are rarely ever solved...

And the fact that he was found dead at a "luxury resort" is relevant how?

Well at least we know he was a "man of taste." Certainly not the Beer swilling, Cattle Class yobbo variety Ocker.

Thing that gets me though in these reports, is the great detail in the address of where the event took place, maybe in case anyone wants to wander along for a "rubber neck."

Having said all that, RIP young man!

Look this is Thailand tact is still a concept here they just started getting the police to do there job now. Soon they may even start arresting the drug kingpins. But then that higher ups in the police will be gone.

It is very sad when a young man dies in suspicious circumstances. We all go to Fantasy land to enjoy all it has to offer but we must always be very careful not to trust anyone and to avoid taking unnecessary risks with unknown drugs and unknown persons . Having fun is fine but not at the cost of your life.

Yes, ma'am. Oh, we always will from now on, ma'am. Let's not forget to wear sunscreen whenever going out too. And motorbikes--let me not get started.

Pattaya is Fantasy Land. Sex tourists go there to realise their fantasies!! When the circumstances of death are unknown, suspicion arises! The autopsy report shall reveal the truth!!

All deaths from unknown causes really occur in Pattaya, even if they're in Samui. Right. Enough w/ the knee-jerk Pattaya bashing.

Deaths like this bring a very bad name to Thailand and scare away tourists , so the police must investigate how and when he died.

No they don't. People die at relatively young ages everywhere all the time. And the police would investigate anyway regardless of the tourist industry.

People don't just die in the prime of their life for no reason!

I think you're onto something there. Hold that thought. Now extend it to "at any time in their life" and you've achieved enlightenment.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Another suicide? Was he naked like all the other foreigners fond dead in Thailand?

Please read the original post before your next silly question. (And not all foreigners are naked when found dead in Thailand! My friend was fully clothed)

Why do you start bringing in the the subject of "ladies of the night" returning to 5 star hotels as well rubbish.

There is absolutely nothing mentioned about this, just can't help yourselves can you.

May the young man rest in peace. Thoughts to the family

• Like 1

Sad to hear of a life lost, seemingly needlessly. RIP mate.

Even sadder though, reading the speculative, insensitive garbage some posters spew out - with absolutely no facts or even suspicion of wrong doing.

Here's a tip - when you are finished typing your tripe, sit back and read it again; only this time pretend there is a real person sitting opposite you - you know, someone who would punch you in the mouth for your ignorance. Perhaps a friend of the deceased, or family member.

Then decide if you really want to make such a dickish comment.

You know who you are...

Could not agree more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...