RCA Cinema Bangkok

robertthebruce

If there is any film lovers out there, I don't know if you have been to the RCA in Bangkok, but they have an amazing selection of "Arty" films and various other Foreign films, tickets are only 100 baht so it's cheap as chips....

Well worth a visit.

• Like 1

If you want to give something a plug it is probably best to at least get the name right.....

House cinema at RCA, http://www.houserama.com/

I was actually thinking when I was at RCA yesterday that I had not been to a movie at House for a couple of years.

It opened back in 2004/05 but yes many are still yet to discover it as location has always been a factor.

(The UMG multiplex across from House has closed probably mainly due to the competition from SFX multiplex at Central Rama 9 which opened in late 2012)

If you want to give something a plug it is probably best to at least get the name right.....

I was actually thinking when I was at RCA yesterday that I had not been to a movie at House for a couple of years.

It opened back in 2004/05 but yes many are still yet to discover it as location has always been a factor.

(The UMG multiplex across from House has closed probably mainly due to the competition from SFX multiplex at Central Rama 9 which opened in late 2012)

You sounds right barrel of fun, I was not trying to "plug" it, just share my experience... Chill , life is so much more positive when you do

Phew, now that we’ve almost got the name accurate, it’s House Rama RCA, yes, this is pretty much the only art house left since Apex-Lido went up/down in smoke/flames.

Their Facebook page offers an easier view into films/showtimes:

I can recommend “Rob the Mob”.

Yes, this theater is a bit out of the way, hard to get to and the actual screens/theaters are a bit on the small side, and the sound systems are OK (obviously no digital here) and the seats a bit long in the tooth, but maybe the only place to see a specific film? The good news is that the there are hardly any other customers. In ~ 40 films I think I’ve been the only customer in the house ~ 37 times.

You sounds right barrel of fun, I was not trying to "plug" it, just share my experience... Chill , life is so much more positive when you do

There is nothing wrong with you giving the place a plug......I can't fathom why you would think there is anything is wrong or negative about that??? A tad bizarre.....

I'm all for people discovering House cinema. Hence the reason to get the right name and website out there.....

There is nothing wrong with you giving the place a plug......I can't fathom why you would think there is anything is wrong or negative about that??? A tad bizarre.....

I'm all for people discovering House cinema. Hence the reason to get the right name and website out there.....

Actually your comment is a tad bizarre if you can't see that ??? There is no hope...

But back to what I originally said, it's a nice place to see some Arty different Films... As for being out the way, Taxis are cheap,as chips here, so well worth it, to get away from crowded cinemas..

As for being out the way, Taxis are cheap,as chips here

Agreed, just hate getting stuck in traffic, but that's my personal issue. The big, new, comfortable, amazing sound/digital Major and SF cinemas are rarely crowded, in my experience, but then they rarely show art films. Apex-Siam used to show similar/the same films as House Rama RCA, and was obviously easier to get to. Lido (1+) still shows art films. Le Week-End is there now.

I usually take a motorcy from Petchaburi MRT (exit #1), or even walk.

Not sure if the Khlong San Saep boat service, arguably not for everyone, especially those who might be elderly or infirmed ( Wat Mai Chong Pier, behind the Ital-Thai tower) can ease the trip - I've never tried it, with a walk up and over, or a motorcy via u-turn?

Edited by lomatopo

Also

Noticed at the weekend there is a new Shopping Mall opened called Embassy Central ?? Or something similar and they have a Cinema there, but it's going to be the state of the Art, with food wine etc etc, as prices start from around 1,700 baht for a double sofa seat..

Reminds me of "The Electric Cinema" in Notting Hill , it's a lovely old Art Deco cinema showing all the Arty unusual films... DEFINETLY worth a visit..

I do miss London and all it's Quirks, lovely city...