Chicken Toes

leisurely

:D Can anyone enlighten me as to why the restaraunt next door to me always puts a chicken toe in the chicken and cashew nut dish? A friend told me it was for good luck :o I find that hard to believe though! I have tried to ask for it to be excluded but each time I get this dish I find the toe and nail............................ :D

One of my wifes favorite dishes is some sort of chicken feet soup, seems it's a issan delicasy... :x

only one from your wifes ? :D

they other only eat somtam? :D

i think the "feet" are in the top 5 food !!!

after somtam :o

One of my wifes favorite dishes is some sort of chicken feet soup, seems it's a issan delicasy... :x

only one from your wifes ? :D

they other only eat somtam? :D

i think the "feet" are in the top 5 food !!!

after somtam :o

chicken feet figure large in a lot of asian cuisine...I first came across them in a dim sum place in San Francisco in early 80s...along with all the other dim sum favorites there were chicken feet, 3 pieces per order from the traveling cart (a crippled, one legged chicken hobbling around someplace?)...

authentic thai cuisine is big on fat, gristle, gnawing on bones and etc. and you get that by the cart full with chicken feet...

tried it once meself just to say that I'd done it and to impress friends and neighbors...

I always wondered about the chicken feet in Thai cooking, with Thais considering the foot the dirtiest part of the body, caged chickens are hopping around in their own feces all day long :o , until chopping block day comes along.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...