Drinking and walking around shopping malls...

Pattaya Pat

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could join an internet forum, stay at home and complain about all things Thai every waking hour.

Seems to work for many Farangs here on TV.

So why do you think this may be?

So have you got any ideas?

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Dunno mate, thing is what did you move to Pattaya for, the bar scene fades after a while and it gets rather sad and depressing.

Yes I know. I don't think it matters where you live in Thailand, you have to live somewhere, I'm talking more generally what to do.

Travel around Thailand or neighboring countries for short trips and you will never get bored also you will want to go back to familiar surrounding after all the experience's you had on the road.

Good tip and I do travel but it's not practical to keep doing that.

I mean general stuff instead of this groundhog day existance. It's all rather worrying...there are only so many times a day you can sort the missus out.

• Like 2

PP, it's like everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, it all gets run of the mill after you get used to it day after day.

What did you do in your home country to alleviate the boredom ?

This is so true, is there anything you wished to do in the past but never had the time? Or something like I plan to get into like flying Drones?

Yes I know. I don't think it matters where you live in Thailand, you have to live somewhere, I'm talking more generally what to do.

I know the feeling so well. After a year of similar thoughts I came out of retirement and went back to work doing exactly what I did at home, but here. I've enjoyed it a lot more sense.

SDM

PP, it's like everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, it all gets run of the mill after you get used to it day after day.

What did you do in your home country to alleviate the boredom ?

In the Uk there just seems to be more going on, sport, parties, jump on a train and go somewhere easily, it's easier to get to places etc, proper pubs and beer gardens, plus you have more family etc, see your nephews, visit the old dear on a sunday etc...I think the heat here also detracts you from wanting to do things...

If there is anything for YOU to do in Pattaya, you'd have already found it. Face it: you hate Pattaya, post nothing but useless negativity accompanied by your favorite icon (cheesy.gif), and have little but contempt for Thais. Unlike many old Brits here, you always compare the UK to PTY favorably.

So the best possible thing for you is move back to the UK before it's too late. That's the only way you'll be happy. You just don't belong here, period.

WOW, i've touched a nerve with someone. Are you the mayor of Pattaya? Telling me where I belong, LOL.

Instead of attacking me why not just stick to the topic of the tread and come out with some ideas what to do here? Maybe it's because you can't think of any, admit it, you are as bored here as I am.

And you're wrong, how has this got anything to do with Pattaya? I'm talking about living here in Thalland generally, so why are you making things up?

Pleased that you take so much notice of my posts, Mr Songkran man.

• Like 2

Fitness, adventure and fun all rolled into one..................Go cycling for 4 hours per day, changing routes frequently so you do not get rumbled by the Mrs. or a mugger and do not be afraid of the smaller unexplored roads, as these can lead to watering holes of the beaten track. I had years of fun doing this.

• Like 2

What would you do at home?...pretty much everything and more here than in most other countries.

I suppose it depends on where you come from, i'm from London so many things to do.

Look I like Pattaya but it's woefully lacking. Back home you can do simple nice things like go for a walk around the shops with your daughter, nice wide pavements, it's clean, it's safe, civilised folk of all ages walking around. but here you can't even do simple pleasures like that. The place stinks, it has no pavements, all and sundry are looking at you like you are from mars and you would be afraid some physcho driver is going to mount the pavement and wipe you out....joke place.

but here you can't even do simple pleasures like that. The place stinks, it has no pavements, all and sundry are looking at you like you are from mars and you would be afraid some physcho driver is going to mount the pavement and wipe you out....joke place.

Solution already give here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724643-just-been-to-pattaya-for-a-visit/page-4#entry7835579

• Like 1

WOW, i've touched a nerve with someone. Are you the mayor of Pattaya? Telling me where I belong, LOL.

Not at all. Just thinking benevolently about your happiness and less clutter & noise on the forum.

Instead of attacking me why not just stick to the topic of the tread and come out with some ideas what to do here? Maybe it's because you can't think of any, admit it, you are as bored here as I am.

Who's attacking you? Any suggestion, you'll simply reject, so what's the point? You're already blinded by your hatred of PTY, as shown clearly in the thread where you couldn't see ANY improvements for that flyspeck of taxes you've paid here.

And you're wrong, how has this got anything to do with Pattaya? I'm talking about living here in Thalland generally, so why are you making things up?

Then why didn't you put it in the General topics forum? When you write "here," and put it in the Pattaya forum, that means Pattaya, pal. Duh.

Pleased that you take so much notice of my posts, Mr Songkran man.

Good for a laugh sometimes, as with most of our Doomsayers, but overall not worth the noise. cheesy.gif

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

nes

What would you do at home?...pretty much everything and more here than in most other countries.

I suppose it depends on where you come from, i'm from London so many things to do.

Look I like Pattaya but it's woefully lacking. Back home you can do simple nice things like go for a walk around the shops with your daughter, nice wide pavements, it's clean, it's safe, civilised folk of all ages walking around. but here you can't even do simple pleasures like that. The place stinks, it has no pavements, all and sundry are looking at you like you are from mars and you would be afraid some physcho driver is going to mount the pavement and wipe you out....joke place.

Pratumnak Park, Naklua pier, Bang Saray beach and park but to name a few places for pleasent walks and offer free activities for kids. Beach Road Pattaya is perfect for walking after the recent widening. In London or anywhere most people would use transport to the shops, same here, bike/car/songtaew then you are on good pavements and clean shops. With the amount of tourists and expats in Pattaya the Thais are used to us and I never feel am being stared at. I think Pattaya has far more facilities than most western countries, I enjoy fitness and shooting so have an abundance of options albeit some not as good as others.

• Like 1

nes

Pratumnak Park, Naklua pier, Bang Saray beach and park but to name a few places for pleasent walks and offer free activities for kids. Beach Road Pattaya is perfect for walking after the recent widening. In London or anywhere most people would use transport to the shops, same here, bike/car/songtaew then you are on good pavements and clean shops. With the amount of tourists and expats in Pattaya the Thais are used to us and I never feel am being stared at. I think Pattaya has far more facilities than most western countries, I enjoy fitness and shooting so have an abundance of options albeit some not as good as others.

You don't get it do you, going for a walk around the corner to the shops etc means that you are not getting into a car. You have basically proved my point, you have to drive somewhere before you can go for a walk. Thae place is a dump, you know it and I know it, who's kidding who here.

Depends where you live, I can quite easily walk to 7/11 mimi Tesco or Big C and the beach all in less than 5 minutes. If you are stuck out in the boonies on the Darkside with the cheap charlies then yes it would be different. Location Pat makes a large difference to quality of life.

• Like 1

Depends where you live, I can quite easily walk to 7/11 mimi Tesco or Big C and the beach all in less than 5 minutes. If you are stuck out in the boonies on the Darkside with the cheap charlies then yes it would be different. Location Pat makes a large difference to quality of life.

How is the Darkside cheaper?? No idea what you are talking about, I'm far than a cheap charlie.

You may be able to physically walk there but it's not a pleasant stroll is it, let's be real here. You say mini tesco and Big C?? Ha ha. Come on man. You can't just walk around shops here for an hour or so can you, and I mean all of Thailand. if you really don't know what I mean then you are obviously not from the UK.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I can understand him partially.

I lived near Suvannahbumi Airport (long before opening and for a short while during operation), in a nice village with a small lake.

Could walk with the dogs or rode bicycle around the lake without the danger, to be wiped out the next moment....

Sometimes a barbecue with friends or neighbours at the lake.

Five minutes away, we had a well maintained Park with an Aircon Gym and Pool, where people met all the day for sporting activities, like football, badminton, etc.

Lot's of smaller restaurants near the road, where you could enjoy a dinner or just a beer, without the permanent noise pollution.

Not (too many) drunken idiots and "some other kind of people" anyway.

Ohh, and I've learned cooking during my jobless period.

But I moved due to the airport noise and for business reasons.

Didn't like it from the first day, but unfortunately can't move now.

Pattaya is what it is and always was and I suspect, it won't change in the near future. (except more traffic/noise/people and everything related to that)

If you're looking for a really nice, civilized and clean place to live, Pattaya should be probably not your first choice...

(I would choose another location, if I could, definitely wai2.gif)

I've rarely read such a nonsense saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif