American resident of Pattaya facing charges of sexually assaulting minors

webfact

The serious nature of such an allegation is laughable at best.

When I imagine this man being faced by these boys, with their filthy little fingers pointing at him and the 1000 baht notes hanging out of their pockets... when I think of the police frowning at him with their dark pasts hanging over them like black clouds... and when I think of the shelter workers scowling at this man, with the sordid details of their nefarious mechanizations jingling in their pants pockets... I can only be truthful in saying that this is one imagination where the accused, if truly guilty, is not as guilty as the ones who created his ability to exist. They should all burn in Hell.

Now if the accused is in fact not guilty, then damn these people for their existence, and damn the man for being stupid enough to get caught up in their existence.

Any innocent foreigner who is stupid enough to walk right past all the warning signs before getting caught up in this kind of crap, almost deserves to be in it. Thailand provides far too many warnings and way too much leeway before one is actually accused on charges of this nature.

Again, an innocent person has got to be utterly stupid to get even this far in the game, when in fact the game could end as quickly as it would take any foreigner to tell these trained circus animals to, "F#ck off", were one to be approached on Walking Street. They've simply got no business there unless they are on someone's business. Clearly.

Referring to the alleged victims of child sexual abuse as "trained circus animals" shows an utterly disgraceful level of depravity.

Not to mention that he literally blames it all on Thai people, and describes any white person as 'innocent' and merely 'stupid to get this far in the game'. In other words, in Cup-O-Coffee's view, anything goes as long as an official isn't there to stop it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I think people who assualt young boys/girls of this age should be locked up and the key thrown away it sounds like reading the story this is not the first time these boys have agreeded to go with older men and probably to sue them for a large sum of money. When they were offered the 1,000B they knew exactly what was going on and could have chosen NOT to go with the man. To me this is a case of entrapment in order to get a large sum of money from the man if they dropped the charges. As you say in the article this is NOT the first time these two have done this. As for the man himself I still think he should be locked up/deported as this type give ferang a bad name.

"When they were offered the 1,000B they knew exactly what was going on and could have chosen NOT to go with the man"

Are you suggesting that child prostitution could sometimes be acceptable?

Yes, he IS suggesting that, in fact. Not making exucses to HIMSELF though, of course.

Oh right - I just remembered this time when a 13 and 14 year old from Soi Cowboy got my name and address, after my never having been there with them in the first place, and then they and a whole group of corrupt Thais all came to ruin my life for no reason except how evil they all are. How could that have slipped my mind?

On the not two threads I've looked at today, I see you applying this absurdly illogical reasoning: 'if it hasn't happened to me (after 5 years) it has never happened to anyone'. And 'Farangs must be at fault because Thais are never bad to me.'

I have zero opinion about this case but leaving aside the ridiculousness of the hypothetical in your straw man above, I can assure you that I've seen Farangs do all sorts of evil and/or stupid things and bring trouble on themselves and I've also seen all sorts of evil done to relatively innocent (albeit generally naive, at best) Farangs by Thais. Mind you, I've been here about 5 times longer than you but it didn't take me 5 years to have seen that the is both a dark and light side to Thailand.

Oh, and your comment about Pattaya residents is about as clever as your comment (on another thread) about Thais being unlikely perpetrators of violence: not at all.

• Like 1

Oh right - I just remembered this time when a 13 and 14 year old from Soi Cowboy got my name and address, after my never having been there with them in the first place, and then they and a whole group of corrupt Thais all came to ruin my life for no reason except how evil they all are. How could that have slipped my mind?

On the not two threads I've looked at today, I see you applying this absurdly illogical reasoning: 'if it hasn't happened to me (after 5 years) it has never happened to anyone'. And 'Farangs must be at fault because Thais are never bad to me.'

I have zero opinion about this case but leaving aside the ridiculousness of the hypothetical in your straw man above, I can assure you that I've seen Farangs do all sorts of evil and/or stupid things and bring trouble on themselves and I've also seen all sorts of evil done to relatively innocent (albeit generally naive, at best) Farangs by Thais. Mind you, I've been here about 5 times longer than you but it didn't take me 5 years to have seen that the is both a dark and light side to Thailand.

Oh, and your comment about Pattaya residents is about as clever as your comment (on another thread) about Thais being unlikely perpetrators of violence: not at all.

I'll bet you're first in line to shame others about their visa status though, right? As always, I will never let some old man on the internet tell me what reality is. I can see it for myself. And btw, it's not that 'all Thais are good to me' - it's that most people are. Underage prostitutes don't have a data base of random strangers. And 99.999% of people are NOT plotting to convict people of child molestation at random. I'm sorry it's that a jolt to your world view. Is it on any level 'possible' that there could be a conspiracy to accuse a wonderful, upstanding husband and father of something horrible just for the sake of doing so? Maybe. And a meteor may hit the planet tomorrow.

And yet....your point is that these 2 children, as well as the authorities, all just picked this man completely at radom, in a massive conspiracy to ruin his life as a fine and upstanding husband and father. That's just how 'evil' Thai people can be, huh? Sounds like the most rational conclusion, yes.

Edited by John1thru10

Here we go. All the "all Americans this, all Americans that" statements. As a Brit is winds me up when a Brit is hauled up and we all get tarred with the same brush. I KNOW it will wind up the Americans on here as they all get grouped in together. I know it winds up the Australians on here when the same happens to them, etc, etc

How about we discuss the issue and not the nationality this time round? That kind of conversation is only the domain of the knee-jerkers with nothing to add on the subject.

Nobody should judge individuals by what is the statistical behaviour of most people of a certain Nationality .

Even Thai people are different one from the other ! I am tired reading about " Thainess " etc ...

There are good and bad people in every country . What you'll get of an individual person depends a lot of your behaviour . Smile and you'll get a smile in return .

Respect the culture and do not offend people here in Asia will help you a lot already .

Stay polite or you will lose face , ( dishonour yourself ) , you can still say what you want , but do so politely but firm .

No , not ALL Thais are ...

Not All Americans are ...

Germans , French , Jewish , English and so on ...

If you generalize you act stupidly .

• Like 2

Shocking how many people want to put the blame of the pedophile on to the child.

At least Thai law knows right from wrong.

It doesn't matter how long ago a child was first prostituted or how willing they may be to prostitute them self, any adult soliciting that child is THE ONLY guilty person.

• Like 1

Excuses, excuses, huh? I'll bet you're first in line to shame others about their visa status though, as a true 'legitimate old timer', right? As always, I will never let some old man on the internet tell me what reality is. I can see it for myself.

Excuse? For what?

Why would I care about anyone's visa? In fact, there are posts on this forum where I've criticized others for that very thing you describe. That was a remarkably odd and stupid assumption to make.

What can you see for yourself?

I see you changed your comment but I'm 51. So what?

Excuses, excuses, huh? I'll bet you're first in line to shame others about their visa status though, as a true 'legitimate old timer', right? As always, I will never let some old man on the internet tell me what reality is. I can see it for myself.

And yet....of course, 2 children and the authorities just picked a man at random, and he's a fine an upstanding citizen. And I am to believe that, because you've lived in Thailand for 25 years, and are defensive about the world's biggest sex tourism city. Sounds rational to me - I stand corrected.

You changed your post again so here's another reply...

Your straw man is pointless and rather pathetic. I have clearly stated I have no opinion about this case and I certainly in no way stated or implied anything close to the absurdity you've imagined.

Are you to believe that? Apparently. Is there any cause to? None. Having written on and/or professionally researched the Thai sex industry (for other authors/scholars) quite a bit, I have neither the motivation nor the interest in being "defensive" about it. Your inference that living in Thailand for a long time suggests that one must be in favor of the sex industry - well, not only is that ignorant and insulting but it reflects poorly on you in more ways than one.

Shame you aren't able to actually debate instead of make ridiculous assumptions and ad hominem attacks. But if one posts on this forum, one will always have to read a few like you before finding those who can post something worthwhile.

I'll bet you're first in line to shame others about their visa status though, right? As always, I will never let some old man on the internet tell me what reality is. I can see it for myself. And btw, it's not that 'all Thais are good to me' - it's that most people are. Underage prostitutes don't have a data base of random strangers. And 99.999% of people are NOT plotting to convict people of child molestation at random. I'm sorry it's that a jolt to your world view. Is it on any level 'possible' that there could be a conspiracy to accuse a wonderful, upstanding husband and father of something horrible just for the sake of doing so? Maybe. And a meteor may hit the planet tomorrow.

And yet....your point is that these 2 children, as well as the authorities, all just picked this man completely at radom, in a massive conspiracy to ruin his life as a fine and upstanding husband and father. That's just how 'evil' Thai people can be, huh? Sounds like the most rational conclusion, yes.

And yet ANOTHER version of your post?

None of the above has anything in any way to do with what I've posted - as can be seen by anyone who can read. You should be embarrassed.

When I imagine this man being faced by these boys, with their filthy little fingers pointing at him and the 1000 baht notes hanging out of their pockets... when I think of the police frowning at him with their dark pasts hanging over them like black clouds... and when I think of the shelter workers scowling at this man, with the sordid details of their nefarious mechanizations jingling in their pants pockets... I can only be truthful in saying that this is one imagination where the accused, if truly guilty, is not as guilty as the ones who created his ability to exist. They should all burn in Hell.

Now if the accused is in fact not guilty, then damn these people for their existence, and damn the man for being stupid enough to get caught up in their existence.

Any innocent foreigner who is stupid enough to walk right past all the warning signs before getting caught up in this kind of crap, almost deserves to be in it. Thailand provides far too many warnings and way too much leeway before one is actually accused on charges of this nature.

Again, an innocent person has got to be utterly stupid to get even this far in the game, when in fact the game could end as quickly as it would take any foreigner to tell these trained circus animals to, "F#ck off", were one to be approached on Walking Street. They've simply got no business there unless they are on someone's business. Clearly.

Referring to the alleged victims of child sexual abuse as "trained circus animals" shows an utterly disgraceful level of depravity.

Thank you for that profound input.

When I imagine you interacting with Thai people, I shudder. You should leave Thialand immediately, if this is your opinion of people here. It's disgusting, what you wrote.

Thank you for that profound input.

And yet....of course, 2 children and the authorities just picked a man at random, and he's a fine an upstanding citizen. And I am to believe that, because you've lived in Thailand for 25 years, and are defensive about the world's biggest sex tourism city. Sounds rational to me - I stand corrected.

You changed your post again so here's another reply...

Your straw man is pointless and rather pathetic. I have clearly stated I have no opinion about this case and I certainly in no way stated or implied anything close to the absurdity you've imagined.

Are you to believe that? Apparently. Is there any cause to? None. Having written on and/or professionally researched the Thai sex industry (for other authors/scholars) quite a bit, I have neither the motivation nor the interest in being "defensive" about it. Your inference that living in Thailand for a long time suggests that one must be in favor of the sex industry - well, not only is that ignorant and insulting but it reflects poorly on you in more ways than one.

Shame you aren't able to actually debate instead of make ridiculous assumptions and ad hominem attacks. But if one posts on this forum, one will always have to read a few like you before finding those who can post something worthwhile.

Shame that your response is so defensive in the first place, frankly. And a little telling, too. And, maybe if you didn't fire off defensive anger before someone finished editing their comment, you wouldn't have to be so upset if they edit their comment smile.png And also, I certainly did not infer that living in Thailand condones sex tourism. I said that hanging around on Walking Street enough to be known there by underage prostitutes sort of does, dude. And you know that it does, too...at least on some level you have to. And, you did get on my back about it, and more than implied (stating very directly) that Thai people do these sorts of things to 'innocent' people. You did. And frankly, I don't believe you. Perhaps once in a blue moon, yes. But, come on.

You know why your defensive statements are so illogical? It's staring you in the face. The answer is: With all the people you surely know of, after your 'professional research', which ARE involved with child prositution in Pattaya, why on earth would the authorities and these kids waste their time trying to frame an innocent man? There's no real pedophile there, to accuse instead? Is that your logic? Hmmm. Interesting theories you have. Or possibly, just really defensive and paranoid. Take your pick.

Edited by John1thru10

Yes but...If the incident took place more than a half a year ago and it took them this long to actually arrest him, how are we to know if the incident actually took place in the first place.

With such a serious crime as pedophilia would you wait more than a half a year to arrest someone that is walking around freely apparently totally oblivious that there is an arrest warrant on his head? If this person committed this crime more than a half a year ago and had an arrest warrant on his head don't you think he would have fled the country by now?

Something seems very strange about this case.

Thais usually fit the allegations or accusations to suit the proven behavior of the target, regardless of the extent of that behavior... regardless of the guilt or innocence as well. They usually won't accuse you of child molestation if you are a known bad driver or play loud music and bark at the moon.

The problem here is that Thais allow elements into their society which nurtures and attracts both molesters and extremely stupid morons. Both get to reap the rewards of falling victim to the traps.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

For those of you wondering how he could possibly be a canadian, the clue is in the photo.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I've had a look at the photo ... his eyes, his nose ... I don't see anything that screams out Canadian.

He is wearing a short that says Canada. Are you suggesting that he must therefore be Canadian? So anyone I see wearing a shirt that says "Missouri State Uni" (or similar) must be American? Interesting - I never knew that. Far more Americans around than I ever knew. What about people wearing "Coca Cola" t-shirts? American too? And I guess all those dark-skinned, black-haired, Thai-speaking people I see wearing Chelsea FC shirts must be Brits.

What are you prattling on about.

The overwhelming logic is that he is either USA or Canadian. Canadian solely because he is wearing a short is fair enough. Think its not likely that the coppers can't tell the difference between a Canadian and an american?

As for Chelsea fans, that is a club, duh. I expect to see lots of English wearing German shirts during the world cup. Has anyone ever heard of an american wearing a Canadian T-shirt?

If nothing else, this case is famous for that.

As a general rule, Americans never wear Canadian shirts (because they would be ridiculed by their American friends) and Canadians find that wearing the Stars and Stripes tends to burn the skin underneath. It's a neighbourly pride thing. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by apalink_thailand

Shame that your response is so defensive in the first place, frankly. And a little telling, too. And, maybe if you didn't fire off defensive anger before someone finished editing their comment, you wouldn't have to be so upset if they edit their comment smile.png

You know why your defensive statements are so illogical? It's staring you in the face. The answer is: With all the people you surely know of, after your 'professional research', which ARE involved with child prositution in Pattaya, why on earth would the authorities and these kids waste their time trying to frame an innocent man? There's no real pedophile there, to accuse instead? Is that your logic? Hmmm. Interesting theories you have. Or possibly, just really defensive and paranoid. Take your pick.

1) I have never suggested that an innocent man was framed.

2) The reason why guilty parties avoid consequences are the same reason why someone, guilty to one degree or another or not at all, might be entrapped and or set-up: corruption (ie money to be made by authorities).

3) I've put forth no theories - about the lack of "real pedophiles" or otherwise. What are you on about?

4) I reply to a comment as I see it. I made the assumption that you would stand by your comments, as I do.

5) Get a thesaurus. Or a real argument. "Defensive" never made sense the first time. It's not making any more sense just by repeating it.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Haha - right:

1) I have never suggested that an innocent man was framed.

2) (blah blah blah)....guilty to one degree or another or not at all, might be entrapped and or set-up: corruption (ie money to be made by authorities).
So, 'never suggested an innocent man was framed', but just 'entrapped or set-up': and that locals are so corrupt that they go around 'not framing' people for money. That's not to put down Thai people though, of course.
Nothing contradictory there. Certainly no 'excuses', either.
Edited by John1thru10

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The two boys had been staying at the Women and Child Shelter in Banglamung where they were being cared for following a previous case of sexual assault involving the pair.

Why do I get the feeling that these boys are operating some sort of a scam? They hang around walking Street and it is not the 1st time they have been sexually assaulted.

Don't get me wrong I hate kiddie fiddlers and if this guy did do anything to these kids then I say nail him up.

Personally I have a feeling the kids were working and got their customer and now see an opportunity to extort more money.

A Child wanting to be a Prostitute and Selling his Wears on the famous street known for that, does not make it Legal or Morally right to pick them up for that purpose. Even if something they did attracted potential customers. No sympathy for him if he is guilty.

with you 100%

• Like 1

The delay in the time between the arrest warrant being files, and it being actioned, is probably due to the new crackdown.

The police last year possibly thought that this could end up being a case of "he said-they said" and difficult to prosecute or find evidence for, but the recent crackdown by the military, and a change at the top of the Pattaya police, has meant that all arrest warrants for serious offences now have to be actioned.

This does not presume any innocence or guilt for either parties, it will be up to the courts to decide, if they can actually find the accusers to testify - if they are still in the care of child welfare, and not either back in Cambodia or it on the streets with no known address.

• Like 1

This is an unfortunate turn of events and I do not condone the involvement of children AT ALL. We seem to only be addressing the end results and are forgetting to look at the ROOT CAUSE.

There are two competing issues and both deal with VALUES.

First are the Values instilled in each of us which deal with right and wrong.

Second are the Values we place on material items which end with the all mighty baht.

It has nothing to do with Falang in Thailand.

This is a simple supply and demand issue.

If Thailand doesnt want sick, dimented, sexually oriented people in it's borders then close the red light districts.

Oh, thats right I forgot!!! That means that Thailand would lose MONEY!

Forget I said anything. Sabai Sabai...........

This is an unfortunate turn of events and I do not condone the involvement of children AT ALL. We seem to only be addressing the end results and are forgetting to look at the ROOT CAUSE. There are two competing issues and both deal with VALUES. First are the Values instilled in each of us which deal with right and wrong. Second are the Values we place on material items which end with the all mighty baht. It has nothing to do with Falang in Thailand. This is a simple supply and demand issue. If Thailand doesnt want sick, dimented, sexually oriented people in it's borders then close the red light districts. Oh, thats right I forgot!!! That means that Thailand would lose MONEY! Forget I said anything. Sabai Sabai...........

I would just add, that a solid education from a young age, is proven to be the best remedy for most things, as it provides options. Only close the sex areas, and then you've just got all those desperate people with even less money to eat.

On the subject it would sound like a honey-trap. Wonder if it will settle for a cash sum and disappear into the ether?

Honey-traps seldom catch innocent people.

If this suspect is found guilty, a good outcome will be if he disappears back to his homeland.

The two boys had been staying at the Women and Child Shelter in Banglamung where they were being cared for following a previous case of sexual assault involving the pair.

Why do I get the feeling that these boys are operating some sort of a scam? They hang around walking Street and it is not the 1st time they have been sexually assaulted.

Don't get me wrong I hate kiddie fiddlers and if this guy did do anything to these kids then I say nail him up.

Personally I have a feeling the kids were working and got their customer and now see an opportunity to extort more money.

Children don't "work" this industry unless there are ugly circumstances and men willing to buy.

Like the "she deserved to be raped because she wore a pretty dress" shit.

If they were "working" they need help and he is still guilty. Don't blame the victim.

• Like 1

Here we go. All the "all Americans this, all Americans that" statements. As a Brit is winds me up when a Brit is hauled up and we all get tarred with the same brush. I KNOW it will wind up the Americans on here as they all get grouped in together. I know it winds up the Australians on here when the same happens to them, etc, etc

How about we discuss the issue and not the nationality this time round? That kind of conversation is only the domain of the knee-jerkers with nothing to add on the subject.

It's a fair point but remember that only idiots generalize on a nation based upon the antics of 1 individual in the press.

So, when someone posts something like "those perverted Americans again", my advice is ignore it and laugh to yourself how stupid and ignorant these people are.

Absolutely. I still think 176 posts and we are still to get one is mighty fine going! Might be the only time this happens to TV...ever!

Edited by draftvader

Maybe the guy is despicable.

Or maybe a couple of enterprising young kids are dialing in their money making scheme- and any one of us could be next.

I wonder how much they got from their "previous case of sexual assault involving the pair".

And I also wonder who else is getting a cut.

If you like to have sex with 14 year old boys, yes, you could be next.

Maybe they are doing it to get some spending money, but good thing is turn these guys in. Here's an idea: put a wire or give small recorders to the kids. Set up stings, let kids have a 1000. Would at least drive this kind of crime off the streets. Is chance for abuse by kids trying to get as much money as possible..... Kids have been damaged for sure, but perhaps bringing these guys to some sort of justice might help in the healing. Isn't that what drove Batman?

Reminds me of a bust I knew about in another country. Two falangs were found with two under-age girls. The four were in a park for 55 minutes and attempting to leave when they were met by several Police and Department of Child Welfare officers and a some photo-journalists. After suffering condemnation in newspaper, TV, and radio; spending the weekend in jail and US$2k each bail; they were ordered not to leave the country and they began over two years of spending thousands of dollars more on lawyers and courts fees.

It seems one girl was actually 18, a recovering drug addict, and using her younger sister's ID to stay in the Department of Child Welfare home. The other girl was only 15; however, she was first arrested at 13 for soliciting, had been involved in two previous under-age sex busts, and she too lived in the Department of Child Welfare home.

And....the 2 men were in the park with them at night. Period.

No, not period my befuddled friend. One of the girls was 18, so no foul there. However, the point is the 15 year old girl was being used by the Child Welfare and Police--should they too not be guilty of using/facilitating minors for sex? How do you suppose the Police, Child Welfare and the journalists were there? So, in your mind only the two falangs were guilty?