Give Blood In Chiangmai

Larry

It's a great idea to give blood in Thailand. I've done it on six occasions in the past two years and have been treated royally (literally and figuratively, since I was even given some sort of thank you amulet with a picture of the King).

The Thai staff at the CM Red Cross is fantastic and even knows me by name already, which probably shows how rare it is that farangs give blood. We can create enormous good feeling by regularly donating blood in Thailand.

You can donate blood at the Red Cross building in the old city. Sorry I dont have the address, but it is not far from the Thai Air office in the old city. They are open Mondays to Fridays during the day.

• 6 years later...

You can donate blood at the Red Cross building in the old city. Sorry I dont have the address, but it is not far from the Thai Air office in the old city. They are open Mondays to Fridays during the day.

What are there hours?

That's a pretty old post you're raising jajayO.

For what it's worth, I saw the set up to receive blood at the Tesco Lotus shopping centre on the Superhighway ( adjacent to KamTieng flower market ) today.

Cheers.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Chiang Mai Red Cross blood center location : Google Map

On Thanon Ratchapakinai (aka Ratpakanai) between Moon Muang Soi 7 and Ratviti (aka Ratchawithi).

Hours ? Cannot locate on web. Would expect they would follow government offices and banks in terms of "deferred holidays," but do not know that for a fact.

best, ~o:37;

jayjayo

re .... What are there hours?

just for you heres some info on the subject : )

for donating blood.

the green arrow is where orang37 ( and the op i think ? ) are taking about

see enclosed pic

the red arrow place is more of a treatment centre if you need minor medical help

dave2

What are there hours?

For what it's worth, I saw the set up to receive blood at the Tesco Lotus shopping centre on the Superhighway ( adjacent to KamTieng flower market ) today.

Cheers.

True do you like it

The interesting point is it is still a valuable service that needs support. Used to give regularly back home. never hurt a bit. Kinda like being a part of a answer. (Anonymously) Good for the Karma, Soul or whatever takes your fancy.B)

Edited by jayjay0

What are there hours?

Cheers.

True do you like it

The interesting point is it is still a valuable service that needs support. Used to give regularly back home. never hurt a bit. Kinda like being a part of a answer. (Anonymously) Good for the Karma, Soul or whatever takes your fancy.B)

Agreed. An opportunity to really do something valuable and important.( Trouble is, they don't want old farangs like me ! Over the hill ! )

A good wake-up call/reminder to all those whom the "vampires" value.

Cheers.

Agreed. An opportunity to really do something valuable and important.( Trouble is, they don't want old farangs like me ! Over the hill ! )

Cheers.

"Trouble is, they don't want old farangs like me ! ".

What does that mean exactly? Is there an age limit? I'd like to give but I'm no chicken more an old rooster. Or do they just cast a beady eye over you as you walk in and point to the exit? ohmy.gif

Cheers.

"Trouble is, they don't want old farangs like me ! ".

What does that mean exactly? Is there an age limit? I'd like to give but I'm no chicken more an old rooster. Or do they just cast a beady eye over you as you walk in and point to the exit? ohmy.gif

Cannot be too exact about that. I'm way past the cut-off date ( whatever that might be in Thailand ). I think it might be about 60 or 65 (?)

I'm sure there's someone who can give the correct answer - for Thailand.

Edited by SwaziBird