Lifting of curfew proven to liven up atmosphere for tourists: Thai Tourist Police

webfact

Lifting of curfew proven to liven up atmosphere for tourists

BANGKOK, 10 June 2014 (NNT) - Tourist police stated that the lifting of curfew in popular tourist destinations has improved the overall atmosphere for visitors.

Commander of the Tourist Police Division Pol Maj-General Apichai Tiamataya said that since the military agreed to lift its night-time curfew in provinces popular with international tourists, businesses have prospered.

The resort towns and provinces where the curfew has been lifted are Phuket, Ko Samui, Pattaya, Hua Hin district, Cha-am district, Krabi province, Phang Nga province, Hat Yai district, Ko Chang and Ko Pha-ngan.

The division is set to propose the lifting of curfew in other tourist provinces including Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai to the Ministry of Sports and Tourism. If the ministry green-lights the plan, the matter will be forwarded to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) for approval.

Visitor numbers to Thailand dropped by 10 per cent in May. Among hard-hit provinces is Bangkok where the midnight-4 am curfew remains in force, prompting travelers to minimise their time in the capital.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-10 footer_n.gif

these guys are on fire todaycheesy.gif ...................bottom line lets see what happens to tourist arrivals from July (Euro Familys) and then Nov high season start

My buddy Spike is predicting 35 million visitors for 2014- and he's never been wrong yet :)

only the places in the south are without curfew, the north and east still have curfew, this are the places where the red shirts are,

the south are the pace of the democrats, this is a good way to support one side and damage the other, all in the name of security!

if curfew than everywhere and not treat people in different ways,

only the places in the south are without curfew, the north and east still have curfew, this are the places where the red shirts are,

the south are the pace of the democrats, this is a good way to support one side and damage the other, all in the name of security!

if curfew than everywhere and not treat people in different ways,

Not really true lots of middle plains and some Northern cities are already without curfew. Chiang Mai was a Toxin stronghold. It clearly is in the books for the next few days. Easy now. Probably if they didn t try to protest during curfew it would ve been done by now.

• Like 1

As I said on another thread I am out and about during the day time and see plenty of tourists. Of course that is in the tourist area. I think it is the ones who can not conceive of touring with out drinking past midnight who don't come.

As I said on another thread I am out and about during the day time and see plenty of tourists. Of course that is in the tourist area. I think it is the ones who can not conceive of touring with out drinking past midnight who don't come.

Really ?

Funniest post of the day, every indication both official and otherwise says its way down and yet you seem to think its fine... facepalm.gif

You should apply for a job with TAT with that type of spin lol

• Like 1