Building a shell...

Hi all... I'm after a guesstimate! To build a shell, all external work so the property is water tight. No plastering internally, tiles, kitchen, electrics etc. anyone have a rough idea of a psm price for this please? Many thanks S

A lot depends on how many floors it will have, where you live (which effects labor price), and what spec level you want.

Where are you building?

How many sqm?

How many floors?

If 2+ storey, will it have a concrete staircase or will you put in a wooden staircase outside of the shell build cost?

What type of roof will it have?

What type of blocks will it use?

Is CPAC available nearby?

Do you want to use "dem" (SD30) or Mor Or Gor (SD40) steel?

Does watertight include windows and doors? if so, what type of windows will it have and how many sqm of glass?

Will you be buying materials yourself, or letting the builder buy?

Roughly, I'd say around 60-75% of the finished per sqm cost, if including windows and doors.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

IMHO...is pretty right on!.....best to know the specs before saying whats what regarding costs....

That said....I'm building in the eastern seaboard and finished costs should be 10,000 baht/sq meter.

A friend though, in hearing this, queried me as to why so cheap as he was building in Bangkok. Told me his frame build costs and my builder said sounds about right....6-8 thousand baht/ sq meter. Foundation in Bangkok different (more expensive) and labor etc....more expensive.

So .....as IMHO said ...Where, Specs, Sq footage. etc....all important to give you the best answer. Do you own land now? Fishing for ballpark figures? Being pressured by the wife/girlfriend to build and you have no clue?

Tread carefully as building in Thailand is a minefield for the experienced or daring only!

Good luck either way!