Peoples dogs that terrorise our street... What to do?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem where I live. One Thai family who have made their home in some old warehouse owns 6 big black dogs, another guy who is wealthy has a big dog and another one the corner from us owns two huge dogs and of course they all leave their gates open so they can walk their dogs Thai style (aka let it go wherever it wants). I on the other hand own a Pug. It never fails when I try to walk my little dog (always on a lead) to do his business, I am always confronted by some or all of them (a bit frightening to have a pack of dogs all black come within a stones throw of you and look like they are going to attack). Our dog trainer said to make our dog sit and for me to stand my ground and not act frightened. I guess that's great if you are Caesar Milan, but I am not, so now I resorted to buying an air-soft pistol with ceramic bullets and carry a metal stick with me as well. We have tried to talk to the ones that own 6, but to no avail and the rich guy was talked to by our neighbors who got tired of his dog taking a dump in their yard, but he could care less. Next step will be rat poison in some ground beef.

Last month my dog die

He was very friendly, proberbly some locals give h poison ...

Are you sure it wasn't your wife that killed him? Edited by Paulzed

I read water pistol filled with Turpentine or Bleach! From what I know about theses chemicals they would melt the plastic gun.

Why not buy and cook some steak and bring them some pieces or the bone. Maybe you can make friends. It's your dogs that are driving them crazy. They are obviously intimidated by them. They are territorial and think they rule that area and hate that your dogs are in their zone. They run because they know your dogs would hurt them. If you walked alone and brought them some meat things could change. As for the owner, you've already made an enemy so it will be difficult to fix. You could call Dog Whisper, maybe check his website for some tips. Good luck!

• Like 1

I've noticed his gate was closed all day yesterday and so far today... Maybe me reversing like a stuntman yesterday have him the message that I WILL run the little shit over if a could... ?

Wishful thinking that he has got the message though...

Sent from my EPhone

I read water pistol filled with Turpentine or Bleach! From what I know about theses chemicals they would melt the plastic gun.

Why not buy and cook some steak and bring them some pieces or the bone. Maybe you can make friends. It's your dogs that are driving them crazy. They are obviously intimidated by them. They are territorial and think they rule that area and hate that your dogs are in their zone. They run because they know your dogs would hurt them. If you walked alone and brought them some meat things could change. As for the owner, you've already made an enemy so it will be difficult to fix. You could call Dog Whisper, maybe check his website for some tips. Good luck!

Another one that doesn't read the OP... Sigh...

It's not a street/stray dog

It belongs to a Thai guy and until yesterday the guy let it roam orotund the street...

Therefore I treat it like a street dog and aim for the little shit when in my motor...

I'm hoping the problem's solved now after yesterday...

Sent from my EPhone

Out in the villages, dogs like this, 1: get poisoned, or 2: get eaten. After years of this genetic selection, most dogs are placid, lazy, middle of the road sleeping muts. Except for when there is a female on heat, then things get interesting.

Yeah tell me about it!

When I lived in Chiang Rai for a year n half the neighbours bitch was in heat, my boys (bros from same litter) were 6yrs old then and we had just moved up from Phuket...

What with "who's the boss of this new garden" and the bitch in heat next door... They started tearing each other apart!!

It was heartbreaking to see them fight so viciously!!

So enough was enough and I had them both castrated after many comments and replies on a GSD forum in the States...

F I don't half regret it sometimes!

Sent from my EPhone

Last month my dog die

He was very friendly, proberbly some locals give h poison ...

Could be heart worm. I give our dogs a pill every month to prevent this, and we neutered them to keep them closer to home.

There's also 3 types of blood parasite going around,

1 of my boys caught 2 different strains in a month

And the other caught the not so serious one...

First signs are they're very lethargic after walks and just appear to be shagged out all the time

One of the strains can kill your dog within a week as it did my mates pitbull in CR... RIP Bonzo (yes, he really did call an American red nose pitbull BONZO!)

It costs about 8,000 for the blood test and you get the result within 8 hours as long as the vet is a goodun.

Sent from my EPhone

This is what mailmen in usa use...and I suspect they have encountered just about every dog situation possible. Good luck.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/620611/Halt-Dog-Repellent?gclid=CICo28Te9b4CFVJefgodeagAqA&sku=620611&CID=25SEPLA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=620611&ef_id=UXw2qAAAAYR9cA1q20140613015057s

My parents used to sell something very similar on their canine supplies website in the UK, but I think they discontinued it due to lack of sales and complaints from customers

Sent from my EPhone

whats the point of this post your leaving in 3 months..just count down the days sir..as for the dogs biting children let the thai parents sort it out if they care..not your problem i feel..good luck with moving..wai2.gif

I see your point but it's the principle that the owner doesn't care...

As with most posts on subjects like this and similar... They're written at a time of rage...

Sent from my EPhone

Allow the dog(s) to chase your vehicle (not bike) until it/they are directly behind it, then slam on your brakes! If you get it right, the dog(s) will not be able to stop in time, and will collide with the rear of your vehicle. I adopted this method long ago when plagued by a troublesome perro. It never did it again!

• Like 1

As you're deliberately trying to run down dogs in your car I hope the owner did some serious damage when he took the 2x2 to your car!!

Like someone else said man up !

And another <deleted> that don't read all the way through...

Been there done that

Or is your idea of manning up is to "ignore them"?

It's not just me the dogs are affecting if you care to read all .!.

Sent from my EPhone

...i think you need to rethink the "poison pill in a chunk of meat" idea and carefully execute it while keeping your dogs inside your property. Perhaps tossing these chunks of meat over the gate late at night???

I actually wrote the poisoning idea out of another rant... I couldn't poison a dog no matter how much I hate it

It's a slow and very painful way for the dog to die...

Sent from my EPhone

• Like 1

What about letting your dogs off the lead?

I don't want to be held accountable for what my dogs would do to the Thai owner once they've torn his dogs throat out... Plus I haven't learnt the Matrix bullet dodging move yet!

Sent from my EPhone

In that case, keep your mouth shut and live with it.

Good to see you have a lovely pair of dogs who will attack a person.

A true gem

• Like 1

Hua Hin expat

You say, "My mrs is above talking to scum like him and refuses to waste her time on him."

I would certainly help my spouse if she asked. Are you sure your spouse simply does not agree with you, that you are indeed making too much of this? Or, is it your wife will not do as you ask because she doesn't care if it bothers you, or because it does not benefit her. It seems strange your wife is "above" trying to settle a problem between her husband and a neighbor.

• Like 1

Let us face it, dogs are dogs, I have had many soi dogs as you, might call them.... Guess it just the natural instinct for them to protect the turf.... Many Thai's have them especially if you live in agricultural areas... the dog is there to protect the property, alert the owners if there are strangers walking by.... But hey, maybe they are just doing what the owners expect them to do. Do these people parade their dogs by your home? I have always found, like most dogs they are territorial.... Just to protect the home...... Remember... You are living on their turf... Just my thought... kilosierra

I live at the end of a dead end street and have to walk past his house as it's the only route for a long enough walk (his house is about 10 doors down)

I don't "parade" my dogs past his house, I'm just walking past casually.

All the time my dogs are at home they are relaxed & chilled until a stranger or another dog comes to the gate, then they do their job of protecting their manner obviously, but they never go outside unleashed.

My whole point of this OP is WHY should I & other people have to put up with this nuisance when all the owner has to do is keep his <deleted> gate closed like normal people do!???

Sent from my EPhone

Iam using a device called dazer 2 from USA aprox 2500 baht , makes a ultra noise , that only dog can here

And pain in ear run away!

I assume your comment is regarding how the manufacturer markets it...or this is your observation? Does it work? I jumped in this thread because I was chased down the street while jogging yesterday. I have a terrifying system to deal with occasional dogs like this- but I think I'd not call my technique wise. As they race toward me barking I spin around and charge them screaming. I am bound to get hurt with this option. It works but still doesn't seem bright- at all! Does this Dazer2 work? Have you only tested on sedentary dogs? Tried on soi dog barking?

as I posted earlier, I've got a taser thing, just one of the torch/electric shock things that make a loud crackling noise,

It certainly scares the street dogs away but they just bark at a distance because of my dogs...

It'll be your best option I reckon

Sent from my EPhone

Sounds like the dog owner isn't a nice human being. He terrorizes people by carrying a 2x2 around when his dogs are being a nuisance. Perhaps his pooches pick up this behavior from him.

Just to let you know, there are cases of dogs attacking people. Owners are responsible for medical bills and emotional distress at a reasonable amount, like ten thousands++. If you really want to get even with this owner you might want to consider in the range up to 6 figures. It's called "Kha Tum Kwan". I predict it's just a matter of time before the dog owner gonna have to reach deep into his pocket to fix the problem.

And yes, all Thais run into this very problem like you do. Some people here are just jerks. Period.

Edited by ctira
  • Like 2

Sigh...

So OP to summarize

Your wife is a hi-so who refuses to talk to scum

Accusations, Assumptions and ignorance...

Yes she's a hi-so (upper class) registered nurse at a private hospital, a snob maybe but she's still ABOVE dealing with Tuk Tuk drivers with foul mouths who are too ignorant and arrogant like yourself to listen first

You are a tough man who learned how to swear in Thai, but after 15 years still have not learned how to speak normal thai

I never mentioned I'm a tough man and don't think I am at all, quite the opposite, my mrs would never have chosen to be with me had I had the thuggish attitude like yourself.

It's obvious who thinks he's the big hard tough man here.

I try to avoid fighting as I left that immature behaviour behind when I was 20.

I think you should do the same and Grow Up Little Boy.

You should learn to read properly also...

The people around here including their dogs and our dogs are the victims here because of one inconsiderate man and his troublesome dog!

I didn't learn how to swear in Thai at all, he just said some words I've never heard before and FYI I learnt my Thai on a correspondence course while offshore at work.

I understand and speak Thai quite well enough as our Thai friends tell me, but it's worthless when trying to talk to ignorant, arrogant Tuk Tuk drivers and the like.

You have big balls and a mouth when typing away on keyboard but ran away from the owner when he came out with 2x2 when YOUR DOGS were ripping apart his.

You really need to learn to read and digest don't you!

I did not run away, I pulled my dogs away so they would let go of his dog and to avoid them getting hit by the lump of wood!

Once I'd pulled them away and STEPPED BACK to the other side of the road I said to him IN POLITE THAI "close your gate, keep the dog I singled your garden, and my dogs won't bite yours"

Or should I just let him attack my dogs with a lump of wood IN THE STREET??

Again... I said I PULLED my dogs off his as it was OBVIOUS he was going to hit my dogs with it!

You have tried to run over those 2 dogs, who mind you do not even live next to you, but live around the corner where you CHOSE to walk past.

Once again and again!

Read and digest the replies!!!

I live at the end of a dead end street!!

I HAVE TO walk past his house and so do other my neighbours when walking their dog/s.

Dogs come out of their house to bark at people walking past THEIR house, but you have a problem.

Dogs only come out if their house when the gate isn't shut!

What's wrong with you!??

It would be flaming if i wrote what i thought of you, so will just stick to you being a troll.

YOU'RE the one that can't be bothered or are to illiterate to read all WHICH MAKES YOU A TROLL!

Google the term "Internet troll" to find out what it actually means will you.

Grow a pair of balls and either have a fist fight with the thai guy or find an alternate route to walk your dogs.

Have a fist fight he says!!

The big hard thug doesn't even know the score in Thailand.

1: It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than it does to have one.

2: IF I was the fighting type and managed to beat him, any school kid would know he'd only bring 5 or 10 of his mates back to win and get his face back!

3: Whoever wins the fight IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR THE ARGUMENT! it just proves who's the better fighter and the argument still stands... What a thuggish attitude you have...

And before you grow a pair, i have 15 dogs who i walk daily, twice per day and do not have a problem with a single soi or owned dog, nor do i have a problem with any owners and if any problems arise it is quickly sorted by me simply asking the owner in a friendly manner to call his/her dogs because i may not be able to hold 15 dogs.

Hang on a minute?? What's that smell???

Is that cat $h!t?

Is it dog $h!t from your imaginary 15 dogs walked by mr big hard thug man?

Noooo, IT'S BULL$H!T !!

I bet you've got tattoos and piercings aye

GROW UP LITTLE BOY

All it takes is little brain, common sense and little knowledge about dogs which can easily be gained through light reading.

Yeah, you should try it sometime.

Practice what you preach

As for your wife not speaking to "scum" you really do not want to know what i think of that.

We know all about stereotypical minds like yours, I have no doubt that women like yours are the reason why the ignorant stereotypes make assumptions like you want to about my educated mrs!!

We just rise above and grin at the evil eyes she gets from ignorant people like you

What's your next idiotic comment mr thug

Sent from my EPhone

• Like 1

Hua Hin expat

You say, "My mrs is above talking to scum like him and refuses to waste her time on him."

I would certainly help my spouse if she asked. Are you sure your spouse simply does not agree with you, that you are indeed making too much of this? Or, is it your wife will not do as you ask because she doesn't care if it bothers you, or because it does not benefit her. It seems strange your wife is "above" trying to settle a problem between her husband and a neighbor.

My mrs does does f#€ed up shifts at the hospital, sometimes double (16hrs straight) then only to get 8 hours off and back on shift again!

I think it's so wrong when someone who's supposed to be alert and on the ball is fatigued at times...

So no, no and no to your assumptions... She can't be bothered to waste her time on the fool

But me having nothing to do all day when I'm at home want this problem solved as do other people on the area.

Sent from my EPhone

What about letting your dogs off the lead?

I don't want to be held accountable for what my dogs would do to the Thai owner once they've torn his dogs throat out... Plus I haven't learnt the Matrix bullet dodging move yet!

Sent from my EPhone

In that case, keep your mouth shut and live with it.

Good to see you have a lovely pair of dogs who will attack a person.

A true gem

You really are a proper Troll aye,

You wouldn't happen to be a commercial diver by any chance would you?

Once again... READ AND DIGEST BEFORE you start hammering at the keyboard...

I'm not repeating myself because you can't be bothered to read the facts.

GSD means German Shepherd Dog!

Read on Google about their nature and if even a big hard man like you was to even attempt to attack me you'd be a dogs dinner before you could cower and run away

They're GUARD DOGS and have that natural instinct in them to protect their master/handler

For a thug with 15 imaginary dogs you seem to know jack about canine behaviours ...

Enough of your BS

I'm not entertaining it anymore...

Sent from my EPhone