Dutch embassy - old passport about to expire

Hi all,

My current passport is about to expire and as a result I need to fly to BKK and apply for a new pp. The standard procedure is that during the application process, which takes about 2-3 weeks, they will hold on to my old passport. I assume to transfer some stamps or so to my new pp,. and to invalidate the old pp. After that, I have the choice to fly again to BKK and pick up my old+new pp, or have them send it to me (need to leave an envelope with 50 thb stamp at the embassy).

Some questions: in case I leave my old passport at the embassy, I do not have any valid id anymore. Is this allowed, and can I still fly back?(silly question probably)? I never actually paid much attention if they indeed check my pp on domestic flights, but I recall they do ;). Would just a copy of my pp be sufficient or can the embassy supply some kind of paper?

As the postal service in my district is 100% guaranteed... never to arrive(!!)..., does anyone know if I can use a more reliable postal service, where I can track the parcel, eg EMS or UPS?

Many thanks for any help

i have just got a new passport at the dutch embassy, you can keep your passport and they will clip the photo page and any empty page, they will not touch your thai visa pages. than after5-14 days they will mail you your passport by EMS only(bring envelop with 50 baht stamp on it) all very easy, dont forget to download the mailing consent form on their website

rick

another option if you need to keep your old passport intact they will email you when

your new passport is at the embassy, you than send them your old passport by ems and they will cancel your old passport and send it together with your new passport by ems to you

rick

i have just got a new passport at the dutch embassy, you can keep your passport and they will clip the photo page and any empty page, they will not touch your thai visa pages. than after5-14 days they will mail you your passport by EMS only(bring envelop with 50 baht stamp on it) all very easy, dont forget to download the mailing consent form on their website

rick

Hi Rick,

Thanx or the info. Too bad the link for the Mailing Consent does not work, so I cannot download this. Hopefully they have this form at the Embassy?

cheers,

Simon

rick

Hi Rick,

Thanx or the info. Too bad the link for the Mailing Consent does not work, so I cannot download this. Hopefully they have this form at the Embassy?

cheers,

Simon

here you go appendix-8---mailing-form--disclaimer.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe
moved file link from quoted text

It is worth checking if you need to come to BKK at all. For example, Israeli embassy allows to send an old passport via EMS/DHL and will mail you back the canceled old passport and the new passport. You might want to give a call/e-mail to your Embassy and to ask if that is possible. I think they will be able to send you the necessary documents (like application for a new passport, consent form) attached to an e-mail.

It is worth checking if you need to come to BKK at all. For example, Israeli embassy allows to send an old passport via EMS/DHL and will mail you back the canceled old passport and the new passport. You might want to give a call/e-mail to your Embassy and to ask if that is possible. I think they will be able to send you the necessary documents (like application for a new passport, consent form) attached to an e-mail.

Every country has it own laws. For a new Dutch passport you have to apply in person.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app