Ring Road Update

Rob5060

All three of them....Superhighway and junctions of Mae Rim Rd/Doi Saket Rd/Sankampaeng Rd I reckon another year before the paint dries.

Probably the quickest to completion was the underpass complex at the new prison leading to all the new Chiangmai municipal buildings. Local government pulling rank? :o

Edited by Maejo Man

Nope not yet :o With the rains upon us, I'd say another year before it's completely finished.

what? the rains or the constrution?

If you weren't an All Blacks supporter, :D I'd call you a <deleted>

Good call! :D

Nope not yet :o With the rains upon us, I'd say another year before it's completely finished.

what? the rains or the constrution?

If you weren't an All Blacks supporter, :D I'd call you a <deleted>

Good call! :D

come on, no need to throw the toys out of the cot! :D

From what I understand, the underpasses on Highway 11 are being built by a different company (companies?) than those built and already completed on the middle ring road. They supposedly ran out of money because of increased material costs so work on Highway 11 stopped for a long while. I find that story a little hard to believe exactly as told since the heavy use of concrete and such hadn't even really begun yet when the worked stopped. More likely that the original allocated budget ran out after it was funneled into different bank accounts... :o

From what I understand, the underpasses on Highway 11 are being built by a different company (companies?) than those built and already completed on the middle ring road. They supposedly ran out of money because of increased material costs so work on Highway 11 stopped for a long while. I find that story a little hard to believe exactly as told since the heavy use of concrete and such hadn't even really begun yet when the worked stopped. More likely that the original allocated budget ran out after it was funneled into different bank accounts... :o

Similar to what I heard as well. Also they purchased cheap second-hand equipment from china but the tax payer paid for new - of course! The deputy prime minister's father owns the largest construction company in the north and is of course involved with this work, that was awarded through tender, so of course no corruption there!!!!!!

The deputy prime minister's father owns the largest construction company in the north and is of course involved with this work, that was awarded through tender, so of course no corruption there!!!!!!

Perish the thought. :o

Speaking with Thai friends about the various underpasses, they say, easier, less expensive, lower profile and less important ones are completed first. This takes an inordinate chunk of the allocated budget for the project. In that way, the underpasses that MUST BE completed and are basically a scar on the landscape adding to massive congestion are in a much better position to get a new allocation of government funds for completion.

Edited by lannarebirth

Similar to what I heard as well. Also they purchased cheap second-hand equipment from china but the tax payer paid for new - of course! The deputy prime minister's father owns the largest construction company in the north and is of course involved with this work, that was awarded through tender, so of course no corruption there!!!!!!

Don't think it's a deputy Prime Minister, but it is actually the father-in-law of Newin Chichob, who owns Chiang Mai Construction.. None of those pieces of Chinese Equipment was taxpayer purchased...

Cm construction is unlikely to be the problem, in my opinion. Having seen other projects that they have worked on, they are known for quality, like the original Super hiway and 10+ year old road going to DoiSaket. Except at MHS airport...

Are they actually involved in this project?