Should there be an "American section" to ThaiVisa?

CharlesHH

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was born in India, grew up in HK, have lived in various places, fluent in several languages, easily confused by Greeks and Spaniards writing in English, love the South African accent, get flummoxed by the Japanese, upended by Brits, bemused by Americans, charmed by the French, brought to attention by Germans, irritated by South Indians speaking too fast but amused by their head-nodding, get called "Italian" by Thais, am always delighted by Australians and loved by all.

Can I has a forum specific to my needs?

T

It would be beneficial for many to have an all USA section of TVF. I support it. It would be then much easier to choose who you did and didn't want to have dialogue with when it comes to global political issues.

Edited by iancnx

It would be beneficial for many to have an all USA section of TVF. I support it. It would be then much easier to choose who you did and didn't want to have dialogue with when it comes to global political issues.

Ah but the problem with this is the USer's will try and invade other discussions on global political issues

You must be a glutton for punishment, Mr CharlieHH

LOL

I don't think its panned out the way he expected, however I have been pleased to see none usual suspect USer's on here waving the flag and bleating on about white picket fences and apple pie

Well there would certainly have to also be an African American Forum where they could talk about "dissing their bitches with their homies in the crib" and of course both forums would need Spanish subtitles.

• Like 1

We would need to add a laugh track..... bah.giftongue.png

if American humour was actually funny they would not need that ! facepalm.gif ..... I guess that should be humor!!!! whistling.gif

It would be a sarcasm and irony free zone.

And if Jerry Sienfeld is to go by, "irony" is pronounce eye-on-ee, ie "iron-ee". which everywhere else in the world it is not.

And just for those that emulate Jerry, you pronounce the letter "r" in the word "irony". eye-ron-ee

And buoy rhymes with boy, not boo-ee

I am from America....I find that I enjoy the difference, opinions, banter, humor, and subsequent rejoinders from the multi-

national members of the forum......

It's a learning process and a fount of information and ideas received from many different levels, intellects, and approaches.....

I believe that being from America (misnomer for USA) I have embraced a wider viewpoint since moving to Thailand - not as spoon fed and narrow in scope as we receive in the (home) land.....

If my life were shy of the adventures received from my travels I would be a much poorer individual for it and the different forums are nothing more than a small extension of it......

Sometimes we have to look beyond ourselves to see and feel what others see and feel....how else can we become greater (however we define that to ourselves)?????

• Like 1

I am from America....I find that I enjoy the difference, opinions, banter, humor, and subsequent rejoinders from the multi-

national members of the forum......

It's a learning process and a fount of information and ideas received from many different levels, intellects, and approaches.....

I believe that being from America (misnomer for USA) I have embraced a wider viewpoint since moving to Thailand - not as spoon fed and narrow in scope as we receive in the (home) land.....

If my life were shy of the adventures received from my travels I would be a much poorer individual for it and the different forums are nothing more than a small extension of it......

Sometimes we have to look beyond ourselves to see and feel what others see and feel....how else can we become greater (however we define that to ourselves)?????

You don't talk like no 'merican.

• Like 1

I think the OP has struck upon a cracking idea for controlling British trolls.

If Brits are caught trolling - they should be sentenced to a week in the American forum.

Torture.

A week of Obamacare, gun control, Benghazi, where's the best pizza, and have a nice day.

Cruel and unusual punishment, I think it's called.

Sellar idea. Will certainly put a few mods out of a job with a threat like that! One caveat though:

Their time in the American forum is shortened if they can successfully counsel a yank that it is okay not to leave a tip. I can see the looks of incomprehension now.

. Hubby and I now use words like punter and wonker in our daily conversation,

Come on, get with the program. You're in a new world here. Embrace the English language in its many forms.

What does wonker mean

A polite way of saying w@ker

Or it could be willy wonker = plonker

Who knows ?

Bluddy 'ell ven, mite! Bleedin <deleted>'s gone roun va ben, me finks. Blimey! I kin see I need to sort you lot out!

If we Americans had our own section, the British would likely find us and invade it, so I vote no, too.

PS - I love England. All Americans do. Don't tell anybody.

Bluddy 'ell ven, mite! Bleedin <deleted>'s gone roun va ben, me finks. Blimey! I kin see I need to sort you lot out!

If we Americans had our own section, the British would likely find us and invade it, so I vote no, too.

Huh? Is w***er a bad word? I don't even know what it means.

Huh? Is w***er a bad word? I don't even know what it means.

It means Jerk Off.

If Brits are caught trolling - they should be sentenced to a week in the American forum.

Torture.

A week of Obamacare, gun control, Benghazi, where's the best pizza, and have a nice day.

Top stuff, thats the spirit.

Lets hope its restricted to Republicans only, wouldnt want no Democrats lecturing.

• Like 1

Segregation of the Americans is indeed a wonderful idea

1) They may learn too much conversing with educated people and their heads may explode!

2) They can butcher the spelling and pronunciation of the ENGLISH language to their hearts content.

3) It would limit the infectious spread of 'daytime TV' mentalities amongst the rest of the world (Oprah, Dr.Phil,...)

4) It would mean they could keep their head buried in their comfort zone, without actually knowing anything, experiencing anything or checking anything.

Oz

Torture.

The only thing more cruel and unusual would be a week spent with whereustay

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All the above from a guy who makes lumpy yogurt in his (unplugged) rice cooker.

written by the tank who can't get by without being a good little consumer to your capitalist gods....

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai