Zone Alarm Pro Corrupts Eudora Mail Boxes

astral

The 6.5.714 version of Zone Alarm Pro, issued a few days ago creates a mismatch between the .mbx and .toc files of the Eudora mail boxes.

Eudora will ask to rebuild the mail boxes every time it is restarted.

Apparently the problem is cured in the very latest Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.722 which can be downloaded from their site.

I have just installed the update, but have yet to fully test.

The 6.5.714 version of Zone Alarm Pro, issued a few days ago creates a mismatch between the .mbx and .toc files of the Eudora mail boxes.

Eudora will ask to rebuild the mail boxes every time it is restarted.

Apparently the problem is cured in the very latest Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.722 which can be downloaded from their site.

I have just installed the update, but have yet to fully test.

hi'

it's a long story ... ZA bugs :o

I changed to sunbelt kerio firewall, no problem!

ZA out !! too many changes and add ons that don't work as well as they pretend, like the antivirus section ... poor :D

francois

I have Zone Alarm Pro. I have used the program for several years and for the past few months have had more problems than it is worth. I finally uninstalled it and everything runs much smoother. I too think they are trying to be all things for all people and have failed miserably. I now am using Bitdefender 9 and Spy sweeper. I am no longer using a firewall. Is there any good reason for me to use a firewall with the protection I have?

Zone Alarm has a long history of conflicting with nearly every program you can imagine. It also is a bit too gimmicky, giving the user information overload, and making everyone overly paranoid.

Yes, you still need to use a firewall, since worms are active attacks which can virus scanners don't detect. Actually, with just a firewall and some common sense, you don't even need a virus or spyware scanner. The firewall that comes with WinXP Sp2 is adequate for most things (there are those that disagree, of course).