Is PayPal ok as proof of money for immigration?

I'm in Penang and will be getting the train back to Bangkok today. Just found out an English chap who was staying at the same hostel got refused entry, and has 5 days to leave the country.

I have a single entry tourist visa, this will be my 3rd tourist visa.

I do have a flight to Spain on the 17th September and I do have more than 20,000 baht funds.

The thing is, the ATM here wont give me a balance receipt. I have $1,500 in PayPal and have taken a picture of this, not sure if that would be acceptable.

I have $460 on a Payoneer credit card, I took a pic of that too.

Edited by banagan

I suspect the person you are writing about did not have a tourist visa. He tried to do another visa exempt entry at a border and was given 7 days on entry.

Since you have a tourist visa you should not have a problem entering the country.

If you could get 20,000 baht or the equivalent in cash that would be better than the pic's just in case they wanted to see proof of funds.

I suspect the person you are writing about did not have a tourist visa. He tried to do another visa exempt entry at a border and was given 7 days on entry.

Since you have a tourist visa you should not have a problem entering the country.

If you could get 20,000 baht or the equivalent in cash that would be better than the pic's just in case they wanted to see proof of funds.

Cheers, actually now that I think of it, I'm sure he got a work visa.

I hope there's an ATM at the border, I have 7,000 baht cash and can show them my payoneer mastercard statement which is $440, and a ticket out of the country on the country.

O.P. "I'm in Penang and will be getting the train back to Bangkok today. Just found out an English chap who was staying at the same hostel got refused entry, and has 5 days to leave the country"

I find this a bit confusing, the O.P. says he is in Penang but 'found out' someone was 'refused entry' and has 5 days to leave 'the country'

Which country was the person refused entry to? If he was refused entry how did he get 5 days to leave said country?

Surely if the guy was given a reduced entry at the Thai border, it would be 7days, would it not?

I am going to Laos with a friend who is going to activate the second entry of a two entry TR visa in about 10 days. I am a bit concerned that when we get back to the border at Nong Khai he may have some issue with getting the full 60 days, as he should from the TR visa, as he has stayed in Thailand for abut 18 months on TR and visa free entries.

Any news on TR visas not being honoured by the immigration at land borders?