Cable wires burn, but authorities pay no mind

Rimmer

Cable wires burn, but authorities pay no mind

n4Cables5-.jpg

PATTAYA:--A jumble of utility lines caught fire in East Pattaya, but burned out before firefighters ever arrived.

The clump of power, telephone and cable-television wires at the intersection of Soi Khao Noi and Soi Wat Boonsampan 13 smoldered, smoked, sparked and burst into flames amid a gaggle of neighbors June 7.

The Nongprue Fire Department was alerted, but no one arrived.

The flames eventually fizzled out, although the transistor leaving many of the cables inoperable. Residents said it was not the first time.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/cable-wires-burn-but-authorities-pay-no-mind-38733#sthash.evP8V5CN.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-06-20 footer_n.gif

So what is the number for the fire department??? once again Thailand is behind the times, "one 3 digit number for all emergency services".

Thailand needs a national specially trained call centre to alert the appropriate emergency services.

The 999 service in the UK was first introduced in 1937 following a fire in Wimpole St, London in which 5 women died,

A neighbour had tried to telephone the fire brigade and was so outraged at being held in a queue by the Welbeck telephone exchange that he wrote a letter to the editor of the Times which prompted a government inquiry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/999_(emergency_telephone_number)

Just how many people dying needlessly will it take for the Thai authorities to do something, how many people have died already because there is no joined up system?

I see from another news story that board directors of CAT have planed junket to Seattle and Japan, maybe the Junta should them to get this issue sorted first... whistling.gif

Edited by Basil B

So what is the number for the fire department??? once again Thailand is behind the times, "one 3 digit number for all emergency services".

Thailand needs a national specially trained call centre to alert the appropriate emergency services.

The 999 service in the UK was first introduced in 1937 following a fire in Wimpole St, London in which 5 women died,

A neighbour had tried to telephone the fire brigade and was so outraged at being held in a queue by the Welbeck telephone exchange that he wrote a letter to the editor of the Times which prompted a government inquiry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/999_(emergency_telephone_number)

Just how many people dying needlessly will it take for the Thai authorities to do something, how many people have died already because there is no joined up system?

I see from another news story that board directors of CAT have planed junket to Seattle and Japan, maybe the Junta should them to get this issue sorted first... whistling.gif

I don't know if a working emergency number would make much difference here.

I remember about 17 - 18 years ago a fire in walking street in the area of the Red Lobster at the same side of the road.

Firetruck turned up quite quickly, firebrigade was just around the corner actually, with one ( 1 ) firefighter. When asked where the others were he answered, they come when the worldcup is finished.

Do I need to say that the shop burned down to the ground ?