Batteries For Palm Pilot

JJDinsay

Anybody know a shop that will replace my Palm Pilot M505 batteries? It's slowly dying.

thanks,

Hi! I just got on the phone to a friend of mine and asked him for you. He said that you may get it done in Fortune in BKK. He can't remember whether it was the 2nd or 3rd floor. He couldnt remember the name of the store (something like 'layback') I haven't been there personally so U may have to check it out for yourself. Not sure if they will do it for your device because it is rather old.

I do remember seeing that model selling new for 2,500 baht a year and a half ago in Chiang Mai. If you are lucky you maybe be able to pick one left in stock in Fortune from one of the older shops at a bargain price then syc your info.

Another alternative (if you have a credit card) is to order one off ebay and put it in yourself. A lot of the pda batteries made in Hong Kong can be sent to you at very reasonable prices. If you do, I recommend paying a little extra and getting a high capacity high milliamp one. That way you won't need to charge it for ages. Some sellers send you a set of screw drivers too with instructions how to do it yourself. I did it for my tungsten T and I was a little scared at first. I just followed the instructions and it worked really well. I also did it for my zire 72 (not recommended for this model because it is so hard to do!). After installing it I felt like I had a new device!

CHeck out this link. It has step by step instructions.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merch...de=_M5TAKEAPART

Whichever option you choose pls let me know if it was successful. Also I need to know if that shop really does old model palm pdas and how much they charge.

Good luck!