Starting a new venture as a sole proprietorship

Hi,

I need all you folks out there to clarify some of these points:

1. I plan to start a online t shirt selling business for my Thai wife in her name and get a E-COMMERCE license and get it registered with the department of business development in Thailand.

2. Can this kind of work be started by her by becoming the sole proprietor of a small company that i get started for her - FIRST QUERY

3. Based on her sole proprietorship company, would it enable me to get a work permit in Thailand by becoming some part of her company whether as employee or whatever ...... - SECOND QUERY

4. I presume that setting up a sole proprietorship is much cheaper than other company setups, so I would like to know the approx cost involved for this kind of setup - THIRD QUERY

5. And this is for all you folks out there who are more aware of starting the kind of setup that I am inquiring about, I would appreciate if you can take some time off to pen down the full procedure for starting this kind of business in Thailand, I mean starting from the top to the bottom with all the involvements concerned with this business issue. - FOURTH QUERY

SO ONCE AGAIN I SINCERLY THANK EVERYONE WHO HAVE REPLIED FOR THEIR TIME AMD EFFORT !!!

1. I plan to start a online t shirt selling business for my Thai wife in her name and get a E-COMMERCE license and get it registered with the department of business development in Thailand.

2. Can this kind of work be started by her by becoming the sole proprietor of a small company that i get started for her - FIRST QUERY

Yes

3. Based on her sole proprietorship company, would it enable me to get a work permit in Thailand by becoming some part of her company whether as employee or whatever ...... - SECOND QUERY

In theory yes, (depending on what your job title is and depending on how 'easy-going' your local Labour office is). Some don't like to issue Work Permits to foreigners who are employed in sole proprietorships. You will also need to employ 2 additional Thai staff, - 4 if you are not married.

4. I presume that setting up a sole proprietorship is much cheaper than other company setups, so I would like to know the approx cost involved for this kind of setup - THIRD QUERY

When my ex did this for one of our business ventures, the cost was approximately 100 baht.

5. And this is for all you folks out there who are more aware of starting the kind of setup that I am inquiring about, I would appreciate if you can take some time off to pen down the full procedure for starting this kind of business in Thailand, I mean starting from the top to the bottom with all the involvements concerned with this business issue. - FOURTH QUERY
Your wife needs to to to her local Tessabahn office with her ID card and Tabian Bahn housebook. It takes about 10 minutes and 100 baht to register a new sole proprietorship.....
Edited by simon43
  • Like 2

Thanks for your informative reply. Well I am married and have 2 Thai children also. So what u mean is that after getting the sole proprietorship registered I can apply for a work permit based on it and legally stay and work in Thailand.

What other expenses are involved besides this do you have any clues to give me ???

And the work permit has to be obtained from the local labor office, is that right ??? And I can I show my ststus as a procurement officer in her sole proprietorship firm or not.

And 2 additional Thai staff can be some relatives- is that ok ?????

You can be a procurement officer, but you must have qualifications Thai people don't.

Your employees can be relatives, but depending kn the province, the labour department officers will come and check whether they are actually working there. A picture of the Thai employees at their work place used to be required, I don't know whether that is still required.

Sent from my A 8+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app