Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

We had our first contact email yesterday, almost exactly 4 calendar months to date of submitting application.

They require the police check for her, medical exam which can all be done in Bangkok, they also want to see proof of relationship, which I thought I already submitted and applicants single certificate(translated in to English) does any body know what a single certificate is?

Has your girl been married before? My partner had, and had been divorced, so she got something in Thai to say she was single. I can't remember exactly but I think she got it from her local amphur or whatever they call it. It's a certificate.

We had our first contact email yesterday, almost exactly 4 calendar months to date of submitting application.

They require the police check for her, medical exam which can all be done in Bangkok, they also want to see proof of relationship, which I thought I already submitted and applicants single certificate(translated in to English) does any body know what a single certificate is?

Has your girl been married before? My partner had, and had been divorced, so she got something in Thai to say she was single. I can't remember exactly but I think she got it from her local amphur or whatever they call it. It's a certificate.

Thanks yes, previously married and divorced to me!!..She had to go to the local amphur and get a certificate to say she had not remarried after the divorce.

The terms 'Low risk' and 'High risk' show whether passport holders are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).

Yes and it seems Thai's aren't eligible to apply for an ETA.

Has anyone recently got a partner visa and are able to tell me how long the process took them?

My wife did hers in 2012 a while ago now. Seems things have become more difficult.

But in my wife's case she got permanent visa/residency (sub class 100) straight off, application took from lodgement 6 months, lodge in Feb, visa granted Sep.

hey guys just got a letter to go get medical checks. Any one have any idea on wait times from here on?

Where are you living steve oz or Thailand?

I notice our application went in a few days after you on the 14 jan 2016,but my partner did her medical 3 weeks ago, the letter was emailed to us, plus she completed her police check in Bangkok as well, we are waiting for the police check to come back..they said 45 days. We are hoping for an October result which would be 9 months..be interested to hear of any successful visas lately and how long they took

I am in Oz But my wife is here on a tourist visa atm. She has to go home to get paperwork that VFS did not take copies of.
​They only took the English translations not the originals. They requested this info 10 days after she got to Oz they must think we have money to burn.

I hope everyone realise that the Subclass 100 visa is not as permanent as you think.

When granted the visa last for 5 years - meaning you can leave and enter australia as much as you like.

When the 5 years initial grant expires and you are living in Australia, you are allowed to remain indefinite in Australia. However if you wish

to travel over seas you will need to get a resident return visa RRV before leaving and this application which can take months.

If your sub class 100 expires whilst travelling again you will need to apply and be granted a RRV in order to return to Australia (again can take months)

Just be mindful of the above as it can catch people out and people have been refused a RRV.

I dont know under what circumstances a RRV would take months to be granted.My wife applied on line and e visa granted over night.

Bob

Absolutely true can be done overnight, but also can take months according to other peoples experience. So I'm just alerting to the fact to be mindful in that you never know!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all on the forum.

Just a quick one,

I am in BKK at the moment. A week ago I head an Aussie mate who is working in Thailand fill out a 888 stat dec for me.

Now I need to know who can witness this form to validate it?

The lady on the counter at VFS said it can only be done at the embassy, but that is very difficult for my mate to get to as he is mostly away from BKK.

I thought I had read that if a 888 stat dec was done in Thailand it could be witnessed by any similiar entity as is accepted in OZ, ie. Teacher, accountant, Police etc...

Also, I stuck my head inside a vise office downstairs at the Trendy building and asked them the same question to which they answered just send it in without any witness...

This is an important and expensive application so I do want to try and get it right.

Apreciate any clarification in advance

Cheers Garry

Finially we have submitted all the requested paper work, health checks have been done, not without drama, (names mis-spelt but fixed with a few quick emails). Wife is returning to oz tomorrow.?

I hope her visa comes through within the next three months when I am planing a trip back to LOS.

• 4 weeks later...

Has any visa's been issued of late?

I just sent a short note to my wife's case officer to check they received the last lot off papers we sent in, and to thank her for sorting out the issues we had with the medical request forms .

But mostly I hope to keep her file on top of the pile ?.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we are seven months into our wait. Still no news from the embassy everything has been submitted. My wife is with me in Melbourne now due to go back to Thailand in October returning one month later in November. I really hope that her visa comes through when she is back in Thailand. It would great to get her daughter settled before the start of a new school year. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, steve0367 said:

Now we are seven months into our wait. Still no news from the embassy everything has been submitted. My wife is with me in Melbourne now due to go back to Thailand in October returning one month later in November. I really hope that her visa comes through when she is back in Thailand. It would great to get her daughter settled before the start of a new school year. 

We have sent off all required paperwork as well steve, medicals ,police checks for wife, probably 2months ago. I think we are on similar time frames, except we are in Thailand.

We also have had no further contact from case officer, from all the research I have done it seems to be almost exactly a 12month plus 1 week wait from first date. This would make it around 23january

Machans I really hope that they are a bit quicker than 12 months. I am keen for my wife and daughter to be here before Christmas. That would make it 11 months from application date.

From reading back in this thread I see many applicants from last year took about 9 to 10 months.

The wait is painfull but the most frustrating thing is the silence from the embassy it would be greatly appreciated if they sent progress reports out to applicants. 

46 minutes ago, steve0367 said:

Machans I really hope that they are a bit quicker than 12 months. I am keen for my wife and daughter to be here before Christmas. That would make it 11 months from application date.

From reading back in this thread I see many applicants from last year took about 9 to 10 months.

The wait is painfull but the most frustrating thing is the silence from the embassy it would be greatly appreciated if they sent progress reports out to applicants. 

I can appreciate your frustration (been there done that), but sending out progress reports would just delay things even longer.

Silence is golden when waiting for Immigration.

It's a 12 month wait from lodgement if in Thailand.

Just bank on it being 12 months. Anything sooner is a bonus.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can appreciate your frustration (been there done that), but sending out progress reports would just delay things even longer.

Silence is golden when waiting for Immigration.

It's a 12 month wait from lodgement if in Thailand.

Just bank on it being 12 months. Anything sooner is a bonus.

If the Thai consulate in Canberra can have a visa processing progress page (which they do), it can't be beyond the wit of the Australian Immigration IT department to provide the same. However all it's likely to show is "In progress", "Approved" or "Failed". They're unlikely to show where it is up to in the "In progress" queue. I understand contacting your local MP's electorate office to enquire will, at the very least, provide you with a lot more information - but that's all it will be, "information" not "acceleration"

• Like 1

Will I accept the 12 mths, but still it would be nice if they let you know as your application passed through each stage or process, just to keep the wait tolerable.

Then you would know they are at least looking at it not just sitting there waiting for the 12 mths to expire lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steve0367 said:

Will I accept the 12 mths, but still it would be nice if they let you know as your application passed through each stage or process, just to keep the wait tolerable.

Then you would know they are at least looking at it not just sitting there waiting for the 12 mths to expire lol

Like I said, silence is golden.

They will contact you if there's a problem.

In a lot of cases, due to workload, it is just sitting there.

On 27/06/2016 at 9:24 PM, Bootsnugget said:

Hi all on the forum.

Just a quick one,

I am in BKK at the moment. A week ago I head an Aussie mate who is working in Thailand fill out a 888 stat dec for me.

Now I need to know who can witness this form to validate it?

The lady on the counter at VFS said it can only be done at the embassy, but that is very difficult for my mate to get to as he is mostly away from BKK.

I thought I had read that if a 888 stat dec was done in Thailand it could be witnessed by any similiar entity as is accepted in OZ, ie. Teacher, accountant, Police etc...

Also, I stuck my head inside a vise office downstairs at the Trendy building and asked them the same question to which they answered just send it in without any witness...

This is an important and expensive application so I do want to try and get it right.

Apreciate any clarification in advance

Cheers Garry

We got ours done by an Aussie federal police officer that was living in bangkok. I was mates with his wife (they have mvoed back to Sydney). We just dropped the forms off to his house and he signed them.

I think anyne that meets the Aus requirements for JP kinda stuff counts.

Might be worth askeing Aussie organisations in BKK such as ANZWG (Aus-NZ women's group) or the other Aussie groups. They are generally pretty friendly and happy to help with this stuff.

Good luck

12 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

If the Thai consulate in Canberra can have a visa processing progress page (which they do), it can't be beyond the wit of the Australian Immigration IT department to provide the same. However all it's likely to show is "In progress", "Approved" or "Failed". They're unlikely to show where it is up to in the "In progress" queue. I understand contacting your local MP's electorate office to enquire will, at the very least, provide you with a lot more information - but that's all it will be, "information" not "acceleration"

I think it might be more than coincidence that the 2 times we contacted our federal MP's office in Aus we had action from Bangkok within days.

Twice.

Speaking to acquaintances that worked in embassies and immigration in other countries apparently calls from politicians offices really do get things moving.

Check out my earlier posts - we were stunned that hubby's visa was issued the week of Songkran, as was convinced they would all be maxing out their holidays at that time.

I do firmly believe based on this thread you have to go completely nuts first though.

I was losing my mind and hanging by a thread when it suddenly arrived late one afternoon (the night before we were flying back to Thailand to visit him).

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all.... I'm about to join the que, will apply next week in Bkk. After 25 years here will look at moving back to Oz when the visas come through. Have been married for over 10 years, have two sons with Aussie passports, so no issues there. Will apply for a partner migration visa for the wife and also for her 14 year old Thai son who has lived with us since he was 2. Can i use one 47SP form for the both of them? Question 1 how many people are included in this application but then there isn't a section to fill in all his details other than section to list all her children.

Thanks in advance and will add my experience as the process comes along.

Your wife will need a police check from Thailand they will tell you when to go submit  it, normally after submission of your application. If a child is on your application you will need to have police checks done. You can do it online there is a link on the border force site.

On ‎2016‎年‎9‎月‎28‎日 at 5:53 PM, Yamba said:

Thanks Steve, I was under the impression that the police check was done after application? And u need one from the Aussie police also? How do I go about that from Thailand? 

Cheers

AFP police clearance can be applied online, they will send the certificate to you when its done.

By the way, if you can, I suggest you apply your 309 online, the benefit is you can track the process, and you have some control such as medical and pcc. I applied through vfs Bangkok, I can not do medical until 5 month after the lodgment , and no idea whats the next stage and when anything is going to happen.