****everybody Please Advice ****

Hi Folks!

Just thought os taking the opinion of all u people out there who can guide me.

I am an Indian staying in India married to a Thai Lady for the past 10 years and having two sons aged 10 and 4 years and want to go and permanently settle in Thailand. I hold an Indian passport whereas my wife and kids hold Thai Passports.

Is it possible to obtain THai nationality with undergoing the cumbersome way of getting ur passport stamped with Non(O) Visaas for three consecutive years and without keeping 400K in the bank( as THai laws chage in July 2004).????

I think that there has to be away around this as the above procedure is even more stringent that what they have in the USA?????

kindly advice the best and the most fastest way to get a THai Passport and be able to go and stay in THailand without the above complications ?????

Also, a little bird told me to just go across to THailand and loose my passport and just stay there quitely for the rest of my life......

*************** PLEASE ADVICE ********************

UCOMSERVICES

Just saw a similar Query in this same forum about

" Long Time Overstay No Problem, overstay "

where people have overstayed for 15 years and have got of by paying a fine of 20000 Baht. If I try to copy this will I still be eligible for getting a thai citizenshp, for example if i dissapear and then re-appear at hte airport after 5 years from the date of entry into thailand ( if i can get away with the thing by paying a 20000 Baht fine...)

What u guys got to say....

I'd say stay in India. Do you really believe you'd get away with fronting up after 5 years with no passport, and have Thai authorities grant you Thai citizenship ?If that serial overstayer had been caught by immigration officers he'd have been jailed and deported.

forgive me if I am wrong but it is even worse.

After your 3 consecutive years , you can obtain residency and only after 5 years residency one can go for citizenship!

I am looking to go all that way as since april last year my country allows me to accept nationality of my wife without loosing my Dutch nationality.If there is an easier way I like to hear.

After your 3 consecutive years , you can obtain residency and only after 5 years residency one can go for citizenship!

Are you sure about that ?

I thought only the foreign girls could get the citizenship but not the men !?

I know very long term residents but till now I've never met any foreigners exept Chinese, Burmese and some minorities living in Thailand who've got the Thai citizenship....and only buying fake documents like birth certificate from dead people not registered as dead.

I know some people "farang" who have been living here for more than 20 years and they just have a permanent residency and this belongs an old system which apparently doesn't exist anymore.

But still it's far to be the Thai citizenship.

If something has recently changed, I'd like to know but still I doubt especially with this very nationalistic government.

Where did you get this from ?

Bruno,

Go to thaivisa.com and click 'residency"

Down on that page you will find quote An alien with permanent residency status will be eligible to apply for Thai citizenship after 10 consecutive years under this classification.

However if you click on THAI CITIZENSHIP in that same sentence you will find on another page;

5 years and good knowledge of thai language.All further info you can read

So it is possible.

And in my case, my government allows to obtain without loosing my nationality :o

An alien with permanent residency status will be eligible to apply for Thai citizenship after 10 consecutive years under this classification.

5 years and good knowledge of thai language.All further info you can read

And in my case, my government allows to obtain without loosing my nationality :o

Thanks,

I'm really amazed about that; I really didn't know.

In my case, my country also allaws multi citizenships.