Hotels Near Don Muang Airport?

praglen

In the past when I had an early morning flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport, instead of taking a taxi from Jomtien for 1100 baht, after getting up at 4AM for a 6AM check-in, I'd reserve a room at a nearby hotel for 750 baht, including free shuttle to and from the airport and free breakfast, take the bus to the airport the evening before, get the shuttle at Gate 4 and wake up rerfreshed and at the airport in plenty of time for my flight.

I'd like to do the same if there are reasonably priced hotels a short distance from Don Muang, even if we have to take a taxi to the airport.

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Amari, walk across the bridge and the bag boy even pushed in to the front of security for me.

Bit more pricy, but I couldn't find a hotel that had free shuttle and trying to arrange early morning transport - not worth the stress and hassle to save what will end up being about 700B.

e decided to book a nice room at Bangkok Condotel on Pradipat Road(I know the location, since I stayed at a hotel off that road some years ago). We can take a taxi at 4:30AM and be at Don Muang in 15 minutes for less than 100 baht. Since our room cost 800 baht(including breakfast haha), how much is a room at Amari Hotel?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do they have a safe carpark ?

Don Muang Mansion - 118/7 Saranakom Road. Cheap and cheerful. You won't find that on Agoda.

Yes, and security guarded, free if you stay there. Recently had a holiday to Krabi and stayed one night at the mansion, and left my truck there for a further 4 nights, 100 Baht a day. The hotel does a shuttle service to the airport 120 Baht a room.

Reiterate my point, cheap and cheerful but only 600 THB a night. You get aircon, fridge and decent shower & bed. You can get into trouble if you stray into certain bars there, be careful.

The hotel is poor in food department but plenty of good food in the area.

• 4 months later...

Don Muang Mansion is convenient and cheap and has parking under the building out of the sun. Lots of normal shops and typical thai restaurants nearby. Noodle soup, chicken rice style. Its and old place and its more of walk in pay for a room on arrival type place. You could telephone and reserve a room. Its a big place so plenty of rooms. I doubt they have a website.

I have used the fan rooms 300 baht, a couple of times but only for the convenience of walking over to DMK with my hand luggage at 05:00. Reception below average friendliness for Thailand but not important. I think i had to pay a 500 baht deposit? To cover a tiny portable TV that plays thai tv but reception is terrible looks like a snowstorm and is useless. Room is large. Bathroom floor doesnt drain well. Taps on the sink cannot be closed properly so water is always running! Bare concrete room quite miserable. The worst thing the plug sockets are of such a vintage that a regular two pronged thai plug cannot fit in them! I have never seen the design before? So you cant charge your phone etc. Reception don't have any adapters. Overall you can sleep, you can have a shower and its a 15 min walk to the terminal, its cheap and miserable. Aircon room may be the way to go?

• 1 month later...

Archived