Curtailing ties with Thailand to have repercussions on the EU too, FTI warns

webfact

Maybe Thailand should ban the EU trash from this wonderful country

So you got your bags packed.....

Or are you from down-under and are your ancestors already banned from the EU, ooh no, you're from the states and you're ancestors came from Europe and mass murdered the American Indians???

Edited by Bangmod

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite its many claims to the contrary, the European Union is, itself, an Anti-Democratic and grotesquely, criminally corrupt organisation.

The Member states of the EU pay lip service only to the EU's bizarre and Kafkaesque apology for a "Foreign Service".

Could anyone believe for more than a nanosecond, that a British, German, Italian or French company would pause in their quests to sell yet more to their Thai customers?

The vast majority of the Thai people are thankful that their Army have rescued them from the endless ambitions, corruption and self interest of those who wielded power in their hijacked democracy.

Hmm, not sure about the vast majority of Thai people, considering they have had their say in numerous general elections. You get what you choose would be a correct term here. Of course the Thai Army as such isn't corruption free either, but don't let me try and put some reality into your train of thoughts..

The EU member states are the ones running the EU, these member states in turn have governments and parliaments that have all been democratically elected. So is the European parliament by the way.

Edited by sjaak327

You originate from where? The fact that you choose to live in Pattaya speaks volumes

If you had never visited Thailand or lived in Thailand, you would be expressing the exact same sentiments about anyone that lived in Thailand.

Does your family and friends look down on you because of your visits ?

Attempting to visit your low self esteem issues on others will never solve your problems nor the problems your friends and family have.

EU GDP - $17 trillion (bigger even than that of the USA)

Thai GDP - $0.3 trillion

Someone made an analogy of a flea and elephant earlier but in reality that was being harsh to the flea. For all the talk of team yellow on here lets be very clear, Thailand has an infinite amount more to loose from worsening relations with the EU than vice versa. Any talk to the contrary is just silly bravado.

World pressure is slowly, bit by bit building on the regime, and its only going to get worse.

• Like 1

Sorry for getting off track about the US but it is a concern to Thailand...

Since the history is now it's kinda difficult to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes.

But this is how it starts...you see reports in the media...and you can take it at face value...or try to see what's really going on.

Many posters here try to ridicule Thailand..all the Thainess jokes although I think they don't really know what that term means.

Thai are proud people and I would like to think of Thailand and it's future as the glass being half full...not half empty.

Americans are proud people too..I certainly don't consider myself anti American but consider that neo cons that control Washington as evil..even against the American people.

The military in Thailand in my opinion are doing a good job & hope it continues..if I am wrong, time will tell & the search for truth is important.

If outside forces are against Thailand's future I hope Thailand will prevail.

Yes, Thai's are very proud as are Americans.

Most obvious difference being that Thais have largely manufactured their pride. They've given scant little to the world. Other than a couple food dishes and easy sex.

Americans on the other hand. Well, I would say that's an obvious one I don't even need to get into. A country with many imperfections indeed but we can all contemplate how much it's contributed to the world.

The Thais will be in for a very rude wake up call if they want to play with the big boys. The US, EU and Japan can literally crush Thailand economically. Thailand needs to play its position.

Edited by PaullyW

OK - but can you wait until after Scottish independence please. smile.png

After inependance the Scots will have to negotiate new entry agreements and until the Thais put them on their list of countries allowed entry you may find yourself on the outside looking in,. Just like a new Hadrian's wall but built by the scots..

The EU is controlled by the US so appears along with the US Human Trafficking that the West is unhappy with Thailand...because of democracy? because of slavery? because they can't pay anyone to do their bidding in Thailand?

Democracy & slavery is a non issue with the US & it's basically Puppet States in Europe..What's needed is leaders that will accept payments so the big Corporations have free rein to rape the country more than they already have.

Thailand is right to stand up to the Bullies...best course of action they can take is to publically declare they will not use the US petro dollar for anything..as Russia & China & many other countries are beginning to do.

The American dollar is on the point of total collapse...probably in the next 5 years if not sooner.

The US has no friends outside the US except the ones they have paid...once the collapse starts the bully will be on their own.

The danger to Thailand in the short time is the US is probably already trying to figure out which Generals they can buy to have a coup from the coup...

The EU is a basket case anyways & with now Gas supplies in jeopardy because of the US pushing them to support their Nazi government in Ukraine...the EU will have no choice but to say No to the US...wait until fall when it starts getting cold.

The US couldn't care less about the people in Ukraine, Europe or in fact Thailand.

There's some posts saying the US and it's consumers won't buy Thai shrimp because they think it's from slave labor..They buy coffee,chocolate,veggies from California & Mexico...The average American is having difficulty buying goods from Walmart that is mostly Chinese as Walmart's sales are declining.Consumers buy at the cheapest price no matter where it's from.

Besides after the US dollar collapse the US won't be able to afford to buy Thai slaved shrimp.

Bullies ? hardly.the way Thailands acting lately in thinking it can do as it pleases and people will support it no matter needs a reality check.

its really quite simple, if Thailands want the business and trade then clean up the act... if not go fish for other customers

Stop whining about something that is totally right to take a stance on humane standards.

You and people like you are apologists and exactly the reason this kind of thing persists,

Always whining and complaining about other examples of not doing this or not doing that.... well in THIS case its right.

stop apologising for those who support trafficking and being a part of the problem, grow up and gets some stones and accept the world aint perfect but when good things are enforced it takes us one more step in the right direction.

Good i hope Thailand try banning this or that or want to play games... the sooner it and you learn this is what civilisation is supposed to do .... get better, more enlightened and humane... then maybe here things will start to improve with a few morals and standards is is made to follow ..

Getting real fed up with people and Thai defending what is indefensible....

its like watching a little kid have a tantrum every time, truly pathetic.

• Like 1

The EU is controlled by the US so appears along with the US Human Trafficking that the West is unhappy with Thailand...because of democracy? because of slavery? because they can't pay anyone to do their bidding in Thailand?

Democracy & slavery is a non issue with the US & it's basically Puppet States in Europe..What's needed is leaders that will accept payments so the big Corporations have free rein to rape the country more than they already have.

Thailand is right to stand up to the Bullies...best course of action they can take is to publically declare they will not use the US petro dollar for anything..as Russia & China & many other countries are beginning to do.

The American dollar is on the point of total collapse...probably in the next 5 years if not sooner.

The US has no friends outside the US except the ones they have paid...once the collapse starts the bully will be on their own.

The danger to Thailand in the short time is the US is probably already trying to figure out which Generals they can buy to have a coup from the coup...

The EU is a basket case anyways & with now Gas supplies in jeopardy because of the US pushing them to support their Nazi government in Ukraine...the EU will have no choice but to say No to the US...wait until fall when it starts getting cold.

The US couldn't care less about the people in Ukraine, Europe or in fact Thailand.

There's some posts saying the US and it's consumers won't buy Thai shrimp because they think it's from slave labor..They buy coffee,chocolate,veggies from California & Mexico...The average American is having difficulty buying goods from Walmart that is mostly Chinese as Walmart's sales are declining.Consumers buy at the cheapest price no matter where it's from.

Besides after the US dollar collapse the US won't be able to afford to buy Thai slaved shrimp.

Bullies ? hardly.the way Thailands acting lately in thinking it can do as it pleases and people will support it no matter needs a reality check.

its really quite simple, if Thailands want the business and trade then clean up the act... if not go fish for other customers

Stop whining about something that is totally right to take a stance on humane standards.

You and people like you are apologists and exactly the reason this kind of thing persists,

Always whining and complaining about other examples of not doing this or not doing that.... well in THIS case its right.

stop apologising for those who support trafficking and being a part of the problem, grow up and gets some stones and accept the world aint perfect but when good things are enforced it takes us one more step in the right direction.

Good i hope Thailand try banning this or that or want to play games... the sooner it and you learn this is what civilisation is supposed to do .... get better, more enlightened and humane... then maybe here things will start to improve with a few morals and standards is is made to follow ..

Getting real fed up with people and Thai defending what is indefensible....

its like watching a little kid have a tantrum every time, truly pathetic.

duly noted your whining.

This not about Thailand warning the EU. It is about the shallow understanding of both the EU and US on Thailand domestic issues and their short sightedness on how well the Coup has quickly brought the situation under control and the excellent policies that the military continue to execute to stabalise the country and clean up years of mess.

Neither the EU or the US should be commenting - look at the mess in the Ukraine and the Middle-East. Hardly a track record to shout about. If they are not contributing something useful to help Thailand, then they should stop mouthing off - it is not helpful.

I cant seem to disagree with the fact of stabalisation after Suthep did all he could to cause bloodshed but I am amazed how many 'live for the day' and lap up the Thaksinesque populist actions being currently served up to the nation without understanding whats on the horizon. Try to see the bigger picture and understand what implications they may have. Cutting the Police 'tea money' which is all that really seems to be happening at the moment is popular with everyone including me because we are not getting our wallets out at every traffic stop. Unpopular changes to rules and laws will be made...lets see the nations mood then

Sorry for getting off track about the US but it is a concern to Thailand...

Since the history is now it's kinda difficult to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes.

But this is how it starts...you see reports in the media...and you can take it at face value...or try to see what's really going on.

Many posters here try to ridicule Thailand..all the Thainess jokes although I think they don't really know what that term means.

Thai are proud people and I would like to think of Thailand and it's future as the glass being half full...not half empty.

Americans are proud people too..I certainly don't consider myself anti American but consider that neo cons that control Washington as evil..even against the American people.

The military in Thailand in my opinion are doing a good job & hope it continues..if I am wrong, time will tell & the search for truth is important.

If outside forces are against Thailand's future I hope Thailand will prevail.

Yes, Thai's are very proud as are Americans.

Most obvious difference being that Thais have largely manufactured their pride. They've given scant little to the world. Other than a couple food dishes and easy sex.

Americans on the other hand. Well, I would say that's an obvious one I don't even need to get into. A country with many imperfections indeed but we can all contemplate how much it's contributed to the world.

The Thais will be in for a very rude wake up call if they want to play with the big boys. The US, EU and Japan can literally crush Thailand economically. Thailand needs to play its position.

As a fellow Canuck, I must respectfully disagree with both of your posts here PW. American pride is the result of their leaders/corporate masters feeding them boatloads of propaganda espousing their self righteousness and exceptionalism. Their pride is just as manufactured as it is here in the LoS.

The Americans have given the world a lot of good things, but they've also brought a bunk load of pain and suffering, which more than offsets the good they've done. The thing that pisses me off the most about this fact is that the vast majority of them (and, let's be honest, a lot of Canadians too... especially those who brought our current .GOV to power) are blissfully ignorant of the harm their government has/is inflicting upon the rest of the world.

I think (and I'm not alone) that the Thai military is playing its hand very close to its chest and is doing a brilliant job of restoring confidence and pride to the Thai populace. The American government on the other hand, is in complete shambles and they will likely get a severe dressing down from some Eastern powers sooner rather than later. The moment they lose reserve currency status, the country will implode under its own bloated policies. When almost 1/3rd of your population relies on their government to give them money each month so they can afford to eat, me thinks there won't be a happy ending (nor a happy meal ;-) ).

You say that Japan, the E.U. and U.S. can "literally" crush Thailand economically, but let's take a look at their respective debt to GDP... Japan: 227.20% D2GDP; USA: 101.53%; and Thailand: 45.27%. Last year Thailand exported about $15B more to the US than what they imported... with Thailand having a GDP of about $366B (2012 figures garnered from data provided by the World Bank - latest figures available), them losing 100% of their trade with the States would hardly "crush" this country.

And as for the EU, the countries in that monetary agreement will act in their own self interests if push comes to shove... just look at what Austria did yesterday whilst thumbing their noses at Brussels: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-24/putin-scores-another-historic-victory-austria-signs-south-stream-pipeline-deal-defia

I'd be more concerned with what would happen in OUR home country if the States were to implode... Canada is waaaay to reliant on the cross-border trade.

Well I guess this will mean the end of the EU then.

That would be no bad thing either.

A lot of separate countries for Thailand to negotiate trade deals with though. Ah well, tough work for someone.

Here. I saw this a coupld of days ago and thought it pretty much wraped up most contingencies regarding Western foreign policy: Enjoy! Click on it to enlarge.
post-87058-0-32679900-1403719653_thumb.p

Edited by connda

wait a minute ... "no shots were fired, no tanks broke down, no war crafts started and shot from the sky. Instead a housecleaning on fast pace took and takes place showing those who overstepped - their consequences - with 90% (or even more) approval rate."

Foreign military complexes do have a headache now, no orders coming in. Only Thaksin delivered blood as needed and was in the process to deliver more (hence the ongoing confiscation of war weapons linked to his fractions). Again, no hope for foreign military complexes to step in). Even the economic hit-men ring in their tails now.

"Amsterdam" and "Holland" (law firms) are a hint (red herrings) to confuse it with EU.

EU has a lot of homework now, no kidding. These babies there need a good Nanny.

Toni Cartalucci (investigative geopolitical analyst and journalist) put it this way ...

... EU Punishes Thailand for Ousting Mass Murdering Dictator

I guess Dr Tarpley Webster will show up with some more insights on the situation soon as well.

• Like 1

The EU is controlled by the US

blink.png

Who controls Nato? who makes decisions to go to War?..who makes decisions to sanction Russia over the US supported coup in Ukraine?..

Who makes reports on Human Trafficking & says Thailand is tier 3 & the US is tier 1?

Then the EU threatens sanctions against Thailand for a coup but Egypt's coup was ok.

The US has to have it's little friends along so it doesn't look like they are doing it alone.

What has Nato to do with it? The countries that are members in Nato are not at all the same countries that are members of the EU. And some EU countries are not even Nato members

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where are you from Harry

Made in USA Mississippi

Bet you don't know where Scooba, Mississippi is biggrin.png We had property there eons ago.

Besides after the US dollar collapse the US won't be able to afford to buy Thai slaved shri

What a load of total crap!

Well said. Crap indeed.

Next time share the iPipe with us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where are you from Harry

Made in USA Mississippi

Bet you don't know where Scooba, Mississippi is biggrin.png We had property there eons ago.

I do! That's where they raised the drinking age to 27 because they wanted to keep alcohol out of the

high schools. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I do! That's where they raised the drinking age to 27 because they wanted to keep alcohol out of the

high schools. cheesy.gif

I didn't know that, but I would not be at all surprised if that was true lol. Also anyone who drives around there would notice all the burned down houses. It seems that is how people settle differences in that part of the world cheesy.gif