Several Thai provinces warning residents against heavy rain and flood

webfact

Several provinces warning residents against heavy rain and flood

ra.jpg

NAKHON PHANOM, 25 June 2014 (NNT) – Several provinces have issued warning to its residents against heavy rain and flood. Meanwhile the flooding in Chumphon has yet to improve, as raining has not yet stopped.

In Ban Phaeng district of Nakhon Phanom, about 30 homes have been flooded by forest runoff from the Phu Langga mountain range, after a period of ceaseless downpours. Roads and hundreds of rai of rice paddy have also been flooded.

In Chumphon, the provincial administration has extended its flood warning to Wednesday, as the heavy raining continued to contribute to the water level on Tuesday. Authorities also warned that the rain could trigger forest runoffs and landslides, occurrences which took place on Tuesday in Phato district.

In Phang-nga province, soldiers from the Wiphawadi Rangsit Camp in Suratthani were deployed along the sea wall in Takuapa district, which has been damaged by relentless tidal waves over the past week.

The soldiers were surveying the damage to plan the urgent repairs to the sea wall, which would have to be reinforced within 2 days before high tides arrive and sweep into the hotels, restaurants and other establishments along the tourism hotspot.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-25 footer_n.gif

I knew it,should not have spoken,torrential downpour tonight,and they have recently dug up the road,to put more drainage in and left the job half finished,all the mud they excavated and left along the roadside has washed into the street,and into the gaps they have left for inspection boxes in the new pipe blocking it,and filling the road with mud,my Mrs is very unhappy as it is affecting her shop,i have never seen such a crap half arsed effort at civic engineering,do half a job then leave it,in the rainy season,even the Indians have more gumption than this.

Outraged and disgruntled of Kok prong.

Ok ,you can tell me to pack my bags now!