Marrying and bringing Thai girlfriend to Singapore

I'm a Singaporean with a Thai girlfiend. We want to get married as soon as possble and for her to move to Singapore.

What documents (or other information/action) do we need to arrange our marriage and her visa to live in Singapore?

She's still officially married in Thailand so I guess will need to show some evidence of the divorce once it's done. If so, what? and is there some waiting time between her divorce and remarriage?

Step one - Visit the Singapore ICA website that provides very detail immigration information.

Step two - Visit the Singapore Registration Of Marriage website, which also provides great information.

Best wishes to you.

Her marriage is not recognized in Singapore. Just bring her over, marry her and apply for the dependent pass

Er, you sure?

If her marriage was at an Amphor then it is recognised world wide.

Only the Buddhist wedding ceremony is not recognised as a legal entity.

(A great party though and IMO, a lot more meaningful and romantic than signing a few papers at the Amphor!)

Once the Thai lady has the Thai divorce certificate she will be free to marry again.

Check to see if she will need to have a "Freedom to Marry Affirmation" certified by her Thai Min of Foreign Affairs.

For a foreigner marrying in Thailand, he/she must have such a document legalised by their Embassy/Consulate before the marriage can go ahead. Only originals of divirce certificates are accepted.

Hope all goes well, live long and prosper.

Edited by laislica

to answer your question :

You can register your marriage in Singapore or Thailand.

In Thailand you need to go to the Singapore Embassy in Thailand to get the necessary forms.

You may have to go back to Singapore for CID check and also a report from ROM that you are eligible to marry.

Thai marriage is recognise in Singapore so your girlfriend need to get a divorce first whether you register in Singapore or Thailand.

I know of people who registered the marriage with Thai in Singapore but not sure the latest requirements on Singapore side as you know they keep changing the requirements.

If I were you I would do it Thailand.

Why ? They do not have women charter here.

I know it is all bliss now but marriage is still a risky business.

I know of too many cases and others in this forum would be able to add more.

Do not forget that your girlfriend is an experience lady when it comes to marriage having had a previous one.

It is easy to blame the other for failure of marriage but it takes 2 hand to clap.

I am sure both of them felt the same bliss when they were married initially.

I do not want to throw cold water on your happy occasion but feel the need to caution

Let me wish you the best of happiness and blissfulness in your union

And that all my caution turns out to be unfounded.

Do not know,

How long have you known your future wife? Have you been living together for quite some time?

Where is she from and where are you from? What part of Thailand is she from? In her marriage, was she married to a Thai? or foreigner? Divorces can be quite easy for Thai's, at least in what I have seen. Many times in Thailand it can be an arranged marriage, but if you are a foreigner, then the rulesmight differ...

What I have found in many other countries, it is better to let her get the divorce first, then go from there. Just a thought, and I wish you the best!