Uploading Photographs & Burning Cd's

Webby

Cross post on the Computers branch.

Hi all,

Can anybody help a friend of mine out please? He will be visiting Thailand at the end of this month and wants to upload & burn his photographs to CD. I couldn’t help him out as my digital camera had a large storage capacity and I never ran into this problem. Do you know the exact address or approximate location of any internet cafes that will let him 100% do this?

No matter where you are in Thailand if you’re local internet cafe provides this service it might be an idea to get a list together for others to see.

Thanks very much.

Webby :o

Webby, I use a digital camera. Nearly all modern type photographic shops will do this for you and almost anywhere in Thailand. Simply look for any Kodak or Fuji shop, walk in and ask for it to be done. Once you have the photos on compact disk you simply go to any internet cafe and pick a machine that has a CDRom and upload your photos to your website.

In Pattaya I walked down 2nd. road turned right into Pattaya Klang. On the right about 200 meters up there is a digital photo shop that will burn all your photos onto a disk for 250 baht all inclusive. If you want prints they charge 8 baht for 6x4 inch prints. Good quality too. Hope that helps.

bmanly, that was quick thanks.

He has no website, sorry for that, what I meant was for him to remove the photographs from his digital camera storage device and burn them to a CD to bring home. Of course the uploading to a website might be useful for other people, good point.

Thanks for the location information, great start.

Webby

In that case Webby no sweat nearly all the good photographic shops will do that. Burnt 500 high quality shots onto CD for me 250 baht all inclusive, not bad at all. By the way these days you can buy high capacity cards very cheap particularily on ebay, he may not need to burn them on CD in Thailand if he has a couple of those.