Yes, there are gay Girls Here?

endlessnights

hey all,

so I've been in Thailand for a few months now.. and at first I felt like there were no lesbians here.. but then I started noticing certain things... I'm wondering if my gaydar is off.. or maybe I'm right on.

or maybe I'm spending too much time at the gym..

so.. any tips to pick out the gay women here is very much appreciated! The only women I know for sure are couples..

now the guys, I've got down :o

Hey, EN, good to see you over here, too.

In Thailand (as in most of Asia) almost all the adult entertainment venues are targetted towards men. I've heard that there are a couple of all-lesbian bars somewhere but have no idea where- there are a few lesbian members here, maybe they'll help you out. Lesbians are quite welcome at gay bars, but they don't usually hang out as singles- come in a group to have fun where they won't be harrassed. I would guess that you need to meet a few lesbians by chance first- on the BTS, at a karaoke place, shopping, whatever- and then break into the social networks where most of the introductions take place. This is actually the best way to meet gay men, too; however, the process takes more time and dedication (plus a measure of personal responsibility) than hitting the bars.

Good luck!

"Steven"

haha, thanks.. I'll try to get into the whole social thing in a month or two when I'm a bit more settled :o .. I'm just glad there's some kind of gay scene here in bangkok!

Hey, EN, good to see you over here, too.

In Thailand (as in most of Asia) almost all the adult entertainment venues are targetted towards men.  I've heard that there are a couple of all-lesbian bars somewhere but have no idea where- there are a few lesbian members here, maybe they'll help you out.  Lesbians are quite welcome at gay bars, but they don't usually hang out as singles- come in a group to have fun where they won't be harrassed.  I would guess that you need to meet a few lesbians by chance first- on the BTS, at a karaoke place, shopping, whatever- and then break into the social networks where most of the introductions take place.  This is actually the best way to meet gay men, too; however, the process takes more time and dedication (plus a measure of personal responsibility) than hitting the bars.

Good luck!

"Steven"

There are a few lesbian friendly bars in Bangkok but I have yet to visit them. I have not been here long myself but I have noticed that they tend to mix in with everybody moreso than back West. The Toms (AKA Butches, back home) are pretty easy to spot and I have even embarassingly mistaken a few for men.

I don't know if the feminine lesbians are easy for anybody to spot as there seems to be fewer "identifiers" here like rainbow stuff.

Online personals may help more than going out if you are looking to chat with someone Thai as I am guessing that the few farang lesbians here are still easy for you to spot.

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I'm a gay girl, i'm 32 years old and i've been living in Bangkok seven years.

I've been with my Thai gf three years and we live together with her two boys and my two dogs....everything's sweet :D

I don't know any other lesbians here in Thailand apart from a few Thai Toms.

I think spotting a Dee here in Thailand is very difficult, but I do I think that a lot of the Thai girls are bi-curious.

I've also seen the lesla website, has anyone actually been to one of their parties???

Sorry, I can't help you much with where to go in the city.

I live in the suburbs and don't get out much, bit of a home girl really.

However, my house never seems to be empty, with friends coming round for a beer or two. :o

So, if you've nothing better to do, you could always grab a beer at mine.

RedHotChilli

• 2 weeks later...

I am female and I suppose people would call me bisexual (because I am married to a man-- who knows and is fine/supportive) but I have no interest in men and identify more as a lesbian (the reasons I am married are my own).

Edited by pinksquid

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my girlfriend and i are travelling to bangkok in 3 weeks from australia and i saw your post...we were in thailand 3 months ago and had trouble trying to find lesbian bars...im wondering if you managed to find any yet??

pls let us know!

cheers

gabby

quote name='endlessnights' date='2004-12-15 00:01:22' post='233702']

hey all,

so I've been in Thailand for a few months now.. and at first I felt like there were no lesbians here.. but then I started noticing certain things... I'm wondering if my gaydar is off.. or maybe I'm right on.

or maybe I'm spending too much time at the gym..

so.. any tips to pick out the gay women here is very much appreciated! The only women I know for sure are couples..

now the guys, I've got down :o