Yahoo Mail Down?

curtklay

For the last 2 days, I have been unable to sign in to my Yahoo mail account. It just puts me into a "log in loop" that just returns me to the log in page over and over again. My user name and password are fine, and Yahoo's main page shows me as signed in, but when i attempt to go to mail, I just get the sign in page repeatedly. After navigating through their "help" pages, I found the following message:

Important Notice: Damaged undersea cable may affect some Yahoo services - Yahoo services have been impacted by the cutting of an undersea cable operated by a third party. We have taken steps to mitigate the impact including re-routing traffic. However, it's possible that you may experience latency or login looping across our services. We apologize for the inconvenience .

Are any other TV members having a problem? Does anybody have any further info on this, like when they expect to have it resolved?

Please don't tell me how crappy Yahoo is, and that I should change to G-mail. I already know that.

I'm sure my account is hosted in the USA by AT&T due to a merge they did about 5 years ago, although my address is @Yahoo.com. Latest info about the cut cable is that is affecting the Asia/Pacific region.

Guess I just have to wait it out. Funny thing is my Apple mail client is able to retrieve my Yahoo mail, although very slowly. But I can not sign into the mailbox directly from any browser. I can sign into Yahoo, but when I click "mail", I just get bounced back to "sign in" even though it says I am signed in. I found a lot of people are having the same problem, but so far, I'm the only TV member. Just lucky, I guess.

Are you located in LOS?

I have since I moved here (a couple years ago) changed my address ( a fake one ;) ) in Yahoo to a Thai one ( another fake one) and that seemed to have moved my yahoo email to be hosted in Singapore.

Maybe give that a try (if you get your email working ;))

Good Luck

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

Now this is really weird. My problem stopped yesterday (Saturday). I am having no problem getting into Yahoo mail from any browser. They still have their "important notice" posted, so you'll probably be back up soon.