Thai anti-graft agency NACC releases info on politicians' assets

webfact

NACC says ex-PM Yingluck is second richest among former cabinet members
By Digital Content

14038460841436.jpg

BANGKOK June 27 -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) announced Friday that former deputy prime minister Plodprasop Suraswadi was the richest person in the previous government followed by ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

NACC said after leaving the post on May 7, Mr Plodprasop had assets totaling about Bt967.5 million followed by Ms Yingluck with Bt574.3 million.

Another former deputy prime minister Pol Gen Pracha Promnok was the third richest minister, as his assets stood at about Bt367.5 million, followed by ex-deputy defence minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa with Bt306.7 million and ex-labour minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung with Bt171.2 million.

NACC said Ms Yingluck’s assets which she stipulated in her report and submitted to the agency did not include luxury watches that were under NACC investigation of whether or not she has failed to declare them.

A senior official at the NACC said Ms Yingluck had informed the agency earlier that she had sold the expensive watches and bought ornamental goods before she took up the post and therefore she decided not to report them in her statement.

But the NACC believed the information given by Ms Yingluck was insufficient and planned to request she provide additional information to the agency, said the NACC official. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-27

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Methinks Chalerm has more than that in just a few of his cars! laugh.png

Chalerm has rich friends that let him drive those cars for free. whistling.gif

The Singaporean owner who left two of them with me mortgaged them with a financial company, Mr Chalerm said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647249-chalerm-lambasts-move-to-probe-his-rolls-royce/

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Plodprasop tops the list of former cabinet ministers owning highest assets

171_5-wpcf_728x413-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Committee (NACC) today revealed the assets of 10 former cabinet ministers of the Yingluck government with deputy premier Plodprasop Suraswadi coming on top, followed by Ms Yingluck Shinawatra.

The NACC said that among the 10 former cabinet ministers of the Yingluck government who declared their assets to the NACC after leaving their posts on May 7 this year, Mr Plodprasop has assets more than debt of a total 967,521,802 baht, while Ms Yingluck also has assets more than debt of 574,346,149.14 baht.

Pol Gen Pracha Promnok has assets over debt of 396,692,211 baht, Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha of 306,670,351.12 baht, Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung of 171,146,701.60 baht, Kittirat na Ranong of 57,674,582 baht, Siriwat Kachornprasart of 47,061,352, Surapong Tovichakchaikul of 37,380,736 baht, Anudit Nakorntap of 16,277,550, and Santi 14,432,149 baht.

(pic : file photo)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/plodprasop-tops-list-former-cabinet-ministers-owning-highest-assets/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-27

Poor old Charlem, a career of corruption and only 171 million to show for it. Even young Akanat who is barely out of diapers is nearly ahead of him.

Some report their assets, some don't.

Don't worry for Chalerm. We have seen in other threads how Thaksin's aides are rewarded.

• Like 2

Poor old Charlem, a career of corruption and only 171 million to show for it. Even young Akanat who is barely out of diapers is nearly ahead of him.

Don't worry for him, it's just is official asset......

EC and NACC will ask him about CAPO extra budget.......

How about the Junta declare their assets in the interest of less corruption and transparency?

It's reported in the other newspaper that the NCPO has tasked the public sector anti-graft body to make sure there's no corruption in the military.

In view of all the current restrictions i am simply posting this and keeping personal thoughts Personal I

• Like 1

How about the Junta declare their assets in the interest of less corruption and transparency?

It's reported in the other newspaper that the NCPO has tasked the public sector anti-graft body to make sure there's no corruption in the military.

In view of all the current restrictions i am simply posting this and keeping personal thoughts Personal I

I am sure it will be a comprehensive and long term bottom up approach taken.

• Like 2

ASSETS
Plodprasob the richest among ex-cabinet members : anti-graft agency

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) announced Friday that former deputy prime minister Plodprasop Suraswadi was the richest person in the previous government followed by ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

NACC said after leaving the post on May 7, Plodprasop had assets totaling about Bt967.5 million, followed by Yingluck; Bt574.3 million.

Another former deputy prime minister Pol Gen Pracha Promnok was the third richest minister, as his assets stood at about Bt367.5 million, followed by ex-deputy defence minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa with Bt306.7 million and ex-labour minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung with Bt171.2 million.

NACC said Yingluck's assets which she stipulated in her report and submitted to the agency did not include luxury watches that were under NACC investigation of whether or not she has failed to declare them.

A senior official at the NACC said Yingluck had informed the agency earlier that she had sold the expensive watches and bought ornamental goods before she took up the post and therefore she decided not to report them in her statement.

But the NACC believed the information given by Yingluck was insufficient and planned to request she provide additional information to the agency, said the NACC official.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Plodprasob-the-richest-among-ex-cabinet-members-an-30237256.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-27

I saw a report as follows?:

- Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the PDRC:

Assets: Bt210 million, including Bt3.57 million bank deposits, Bt177 million worth of land and Bt26 million worth of motor vehicles.

Liabilities: Bt323 million in debt, mostly in bank loans.

• Like 2

The real shame goes to the lack of check and balance and to a certain extend to the influential persons who implemented a system that makes the accumulation of such wealth possible while they are in official positions.

I wonder that none of them respects the oath they have to swear when taking office.

• Like 2

Very interesting about Military and Police Millionaires. Just to think I spent 26 years in USAF and all I get is 50% of what I was making, believe it is not millions !!

The place is more corrupt than I could have imagined !!

The other tink what in the "H" are Military and Police doing in Parliament ??

• Like 2