Custom built computer - recommendations?

LionMG

Hey,

I'm looking for a reputable shop in CM that will build me a custom desktop PC. I would pick out the various parts, and then they'd build it for me.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'll second Goodspeed. The owner is knowlegable, speaks English well, and easy to get along with. He's made three different computers for me over the past 15 years, and services them quickly if a problem arises. It's the only shop I use for larger peripherals and big dollar items. In a word; trustworthy.

He now has three shops; two in Computer Plaza and one in Panthip Plaza. The owner is usualy in the shop at the back of Computer Plaza on the left side as you walk in.

Why not building iT yourselves, enough info on internet.

I build my system and was not difficult to do.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Cool. Would like to try that. A short while ago I started a thread on something similar - I want a very basic system just for my work. No need for bells and whistles. Did a bit of research, but if you have any specific info or web sites to go to, would be very grateful if you posted them. Cheers.

As said buy the parts you want. Buy a case with the power supply unit already inside and the rest is a breeze. You also get the satisfaction of booting it up for the first time knowing you did it all thumbsup.gif

I agree. not hard to build a PC up. First work out your requirements and build in some advances in tech. So realise you need a system that will cover you for say two to four years depending on what you do with it. I imagine that as you don't seem to be super tech savvy you are not an extreme gamer for instance. Then talk to the Goodspeed people about a quality motherboard. I always recommend getting a really good case. It make building a breeze and comes with quitter and better quality fans etc. Don't go cheap on the case. If you are into photo editing or graphics I would suggest you get a motherboard that requires a separate video card. This way you can in effect upgrade your system down the track by adding RAM or even upgrading the video card rather than the whole system. When assembling or doing any work it is a good idea to wear an earth strap so that static is not a problem. YouTube has heaps on all this stuff. I doubt you will save much on assembly but you will learn a lot and it does free you up to buy components from different sources and you will possibly get better componentry - do your research online.