Wifi/internet for condo building...prepaid by scratch card.

cheeryble

Been asked to ask....

What's the latest way to give pre paid internet access to condo rooms, by the day/week/month?

Is it still the aerials sticking out if the corridor ceiling or is there something better now?

If it's the same aerial method, is there any way the password can be cached as my friend seems to be pestered with re-passwording.

Anyone know any enablers for this service in CM?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

It all depends on what the owner (or provider) wants to spend on infrastructure.

Internet can be delivered to specific areas over a number of medium (Wire, Fiber, RF), though it seems that consumer like and prefers WiFi.

Cheap and fast WiFi infrastructure will be, as you say, aerials sticking out of the corridor ceiling.

Some higher-end condos and resorts are now using ceiling-mounted Access Points resembling smoke detectors (being offered by Ubiquiti Networks UniFi or Linksys).

post-146535-0-34651600-1404034817_thumb.

Might want to take a look at Ubiquiti Networks UniFi system with unlimited scalability.

Guest Portal/Hotspot Support

Easy customization and advanced options for Guest Portals include authentication, Hotspot setup options, and the ability to run as an external portal server. Take advantage of UniFi’s rate limiting for your Guest Portal and Hotspot package offerings. Apply different bandwidth rates (download/upload), limit total data usage, and limit duration of use.

All UniFi APs include Hotspot functionality:
  • Built-in support for billing integration using major credit cards via PayPal™.
  • Built-in support for voucher-based authentication.
  • Built-in Hotspot Manager for voucher creation, guest management, and payment refund.
  • Full customization of Hotspot portal pages.

Thanks to you both.

Richcor

I have indeed found someone in CM who says this is the sort of thing he does.

I tend to believe as he has a Ubiquiti sign outside, so await his call.

Thanks for suggestion.

Only CW

From what i have heard about a couple of places they have it performance not blazing but adequate.

People really like to not have to sign up to 3BB all year round if they only visit their condo a part of the year.

I would just provide it to them for free (which has been stated most expect these days)... If you are set on charging them make sure it WORKS!... I hate when you go to a hotel and they make you pay for a card get to you room and find out that reception or bandwidth sucks... Go to the front desk and get a polite mai ben rai refund mai dai you scratch card... The next time I get to a good Internet cafe I make a point to go into Agoda and rate the hotel badly....