Quarter million Spaniards call for Yuyee’s release

Lite Beer

The justice system in Thailand is thoughtless and draconian, out of touch with the reality of living in modern society. While the civilized world looks at this case in disbelief another person’s life is ruined.

Draconian is probably the perfect word in this case. Not only is it absurd, it is a terrible act of cruelty to totally destroy her and her loved ones life.

• Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the unspoken bribe at the police stations? It's quite common for professional smugglers.

a quarter of a gram makes her a professional smuggler?

she got arrested due to tip-offs. I doubt that anyone could make out 5mg to bother to inform the police. Usually tip-offs contain higher amounts. I'm afraid that influential kamnans reduced the findings to 5mg and then increased to 250mg which is 50times higher.

I suspect that people were paid to make the largest amount disappear, this is almost certain. Could have been 250/500 (or more) grams in my opinion.

There used to be a kid on Lamai beach who would approach single people on the beach and sell them marijuana. After he took possession a couple of police would appear and arrest him. They then gave the marijuana back to the kid along with a 200 baht (yes, TWO hundred) reward and they went again. So not all tip-offs are involving major cartels etc. I would think it more likely that in this case it was a personal thing. Somebody didn't like her and wanted to do her harm, otherwise she would have dumped the lot and not leave anything on her person (that's how it strikes me anyway)

sure the law doesn't like her for what she did. She was known as drug junky for years.

I knew a Canadian girl who's cousin here in Thailand was smuggling cocaine in and out. No luggage ever. Never huge amounts. Never checked while travelling in short pants. He told this to his cousin and bragged about it. Well connected to local and foreign cocaine junkies. He was like a member of an local establishment with foreign connections in the Hi So-Junky department.

She got what she deserved.

By a punch of pesky Farang protesting, hopefully the authorities dig their heels in and make her see out her full sentence.

What different does it make 0.25 gram to 1 kg? druggy is a druggy, since when our society become

so merciful on drug curriers, smugglers and users? I'm sure that if she could lay her hand on a much

larger amount of drugs would she take them? of course she would ! and where dose it says that's it's ok to use drugs, or little drugs or just for fun drugs? where????

simple, if you don't want to see the inside of a jail cell don't do drugs, and if you do, expect the worst, In my opinion, too many bleeding hearts are out there pitying and feeling sorry about people who abuse and deal drugs and other vises,

The two quotes above sound like what might be expected from N.Koreans. In other words: well indoctrinated by rules that society dictates. Just because a rule exists doesn't mean it's a sensible or fair rule. Law makers make mistakes constantly. If you want to really assess how various drugs affect people in various ways (btw; different folks respond differently to various drugs), then get off your establishment high horse and find out. If you want to blindly adhere to what lawmakers' mandate (many of those lawmakers are alcoholics, btw), then that's your choice.

"I don't agree with the rules about carrying guns, knives and other weapons for self protection. I don't agree with the rules about murder. So I can carry weapons and kill people who upset me then?" Of course not. Yet producing and supplying illegal drugs that wreck peoples lives is ok is it?

Rules and laws are made to protect society. What you personally consider fair or what you don't consider fair isn't what decides the laws and rules - that would be anarchy.

If you don't agree form your own political party, based on a platform of legalizing drugs and stand for government.

Or carry on advocating adhering only to laws you like and agree with - and suffer the consequences.

Do you have any statistics to back up your comment that many lawmakers are alcoholics?

Alcohol is a drug and like all drugs if effects some people differently. However its production, sale and consumption is legal. Illegal drugs aren't that's why they're called illegal.

She wasn't producing and supplying. Had 0.25g (ca1/4 tsp) for personal use.

• Like 1

Drug is drug regardless of quantity.

You do drug, you go to jail.

She is luck. In Singapore/Malaysia, she will most probable be hang by now.

By every definition of the word 'drug,' alcohol is a drug, and arguably more harmful than other recreational drugs, certainly when the harm caused by alcohol is looked at cumulatively, it's by far the most harmful drug.

You wanna apply your rules to that drug also? There sure would be a lot of people in jail in your mean-spirited world. In Thailand, about 95% of adults are users, and about 5% of those would be considered suppliers and/or dealers.

Don't be silly. The quantity is very relevant.

She didn't have enough to give herself a high for more than about 30 minutes let alone cause any damage to anyone else. If she was importing millions of dollars of the stuff I could understand as quite clearly it's going to be sold elsewhere.

Let's hope you or anyone you care about never suffers similar fate.

• Like 2

Don't be silly. The quantity is very relevant.

She didn't have enough to give herself a high for more than about 30 minutes let alone cause any damage to anyone else. If she was importing millions of dollars of the stuff I could understand as quite clearly it's going to be sold elsewhere.

Let's hope you or anyone you care about never suffers similar fate.

LOL.

There wasn't enough leftover you mean.

Whatever was there was part of something bigger.

Where it went and who exactly got ripped off is the million dollar question which might get answered when somebody writes her memoirs in future.

Whatever was there was part of something bigger.---meom

So many people know so many hidden secrets about this case..................

Or to put it another way.................. ThaiVisa..... So many Keyboard fantasists.........coffee1.gif

Baerboxer, on 30 June 2014 - 10:41, said:
Rules and laws are made to protect society. What you personally consider fair or what you don't consider fair isn't what decides the laws and rules - that would be anarchy.
Fantasy land.
Some laws are passed to protect society just as some rules are passed to protect those with vested interests in various things. It usually involves money and lobbyists in government or a house for politicians and links to business.
One such recent example is this.
Three Republican senators in North Carolina introduced a bill that would charge individuals with a felony for disclosing confidential information about the chemicals used in fracking. Though fire chiefs and health care personnel can obtain this information during emergencies, the bill allows companies who own the chemical information to require emergency responders to sign a confidentiality agreement.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/262/921/470/

Whoever sees that as fair - I wouldn't trust to tell me the time in a room full of clocks.
Give me anarchy over those three on the payroll.
  • Like 1

What different does it make 0.25 gram to 1 kg? druggy is a druggy, since when our society become

so merciful on drug curriers, smugglers and users? I'm sure that if she could lay her hand on a much

larger amount of drugs would she take them? of course she would ! and where dose it says that's it's

ok to use drugs, or little drugs or just for fun drugs? where????

simple, if you don't want to see the inside of a jail cell don't do drugs, and if you do, expect the worst,

In my opinion, too many bleeding hearts are out there pitying and feeling sorry about people who

abuse and deal drugs and other vises,

I have a problems with Hypocrites in general, I don't like to judge her what she did, or not, but for this amount of Drugs is this a ridiculous sentence.

If the most of us would getting a sentence for the amount of alcohol we drank in our life already, then the most of us would never getting out of the prison. crazy.gif

Don't forget all the accidents, insuries and death, caused of Alc.

That some kind of drugs are legal(like Alc) and other not, make us not free of blame.

Before anybody throw a stone he should look back in his own history.

My experience in life is that ppl who changed from Saulus to Paulus already, they are the biggest hypocrites,

easy forgetting their own history and like to blame others for what they did in the past themselves.

And this makes me sick. sick.gif

By a punch of pesky Farang protesting, hopefully the authorities dig their heels in and make her see out her full sentence.

If all the Slave drivers and all the others who are involved in this kind of human trafficking in Thailand getting a sentence 50 + years in prison, then I agree with you.

larger amount of drugs would she take them? of course she would ! and where dose it says that's it's ok to use drugs, or little drugs or just for fun drugs? where????

simple, if you don't want to see the inside of a jail cell don't do drugs, and if you do, expect the worst, In my opinion, too many bleeding hearts are out there pitying and feeling sorry about people who abuse and deal drugs and other vises,

The two quotes above sound like what might be expected from N.Koreans. In other words: well indoctrinated by rules that society dictates. Just because a rule exists doesn't mean it's a sensible or fair rule. Law makers make mistakes constantly. If you want to really assess how various drugs affect people in various ways (btw; different folks respond differently to various drugs), then get off your establishment high horse and find out. If you want to blindly adhere to what lawmakers' mandate (many of those lawmakers are alcoholics, btw), then that's your choice.

You hit the nail on the head.

In top a lot rules makers all over the world means the rules are only made for the crowd not for them (immunity).

If you play with fire expect to get burnt...

She was caught with drugs on her possession end off..

you guys were born in the wrong age.middle ages for you

Diverse_torture_instruments.jpg

Nice equipment remembers me on the inquisition in spain.

The judges there was also hypocrits.

Prayed water and drank wine.

And the little rich girls who kills 10 people in a commute van gets 2 years probabtion and limited annual community service.

Their legal system is so dyfunctional meaning those who make pays offs get off...

In this case she was punished for non-thai behavior. The judge/lawyers should be investigated...

CB

Yes sure ................Another job for the General before he signs off ! coffee1.gif

He's never going to sign off, he's here for the long stay, doesn't anybody get that yet?

Hopefully he will stay to the end of his life

Depending on the circumstances and time is sometimes for a country a democracy not the best choice.

Thailand had their chance, but did'nt used it well.

In general are not any rules the problem in our world.

The problem are the ppl who misuse it

Sounds like you drinking your whole life water(no Alc)!!???

And the little rich girls who kills 10 people in a commute van gets 2 years probabtion and limited annual community service.

Their legal system is so dyfunctional meaning those who make pays offs get off...

In this case she was punished for non-thai behavior. The judge/lawyers should be investigated...

CB

Yes sure ................Another job for the General before he signs off ! coffee1.gif

He's never going to sign off, he's here for the long stay, doesn't anybody get that yet?

Hopefully he will stay to the end of his life

Only a German would wish for a nation to live under martial law and a dictatorship for the long term

• Like 1