• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Photos of the nun are in this link.

http://pantip.com/topic/30889978

The thread poster saw the nun at that temple, she wore high heels, there are pictures of her carried different high end brand names handbags. She bosses people around to do work for her. Most Thai monks and nuns are about making a living through donation (lots of it)...

post-152599-0-49494400-1404096344_thumb.

post-152599-0-63918100-1404096365_thumb.

post-152599-0-12630300-1404096379_thumb.

post-152599-0-10267700-1404096395_thumb.

post-152599-0-27745900-1404096428_thumb.

post-152599-0-76450200-1404096449_thumb.

post-152599-0-02612800-1404096470_thumb.

post-152599-0-32749800-1404096486_thumb.

post-152599-0-57653800-1404096500_thumb.

Edited by BrooklynNY
  • Like 1

It doesn't need this to expose Buddhism as the same sham that all other types of religion are. This version of elitist mind robbery got discarded by me as a serious alternative decades ago when I learnt about how it, too, regards the 50 percent of humans who are not male. Take any religion and subtract the Golden Rule and you're left with a negative balance for that reason alone.

We need more like her, not less.

THB30,000-worth of Louis Vuitton, could this not be a 300Baht Pat Pong market bag and possibly her rich monk boyfriends 6m Baht Porsche car, would really need to have a look at her bank statements and credit card statements before I could pass judgement on her financial activities.

thai buddism = GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

people must be stupid here to give money & gifts to monks.... why they need ? (as anybody can become one, also criminals on the run... my respect for those are .....)

well, it seems obvious now, isn't it ?

• Like 2

If she did not take a vow then what is the fuss all about. This is stupid indignation . Just because you think she should or should not do something is not right. I am not defending here but I hate people who try and put their own morals on someone else . If you feel that way cut off your hair and start praying for all your worldly goods to be taken away.

Then you should feel better you *$()#)_@(*@)

The bag's a cheap Thai rip-off. She borrowed the car from a friend who's an abbot. Sorted.

I kind of know Thai people in general for well to do materialistic Thais want to show off only the genuine high end brand names otherwise would be called cheap. Those bags are not an imitation. Many office workers would save up their salaries to pre order brand names handbags from overseas so that they can show off and look down others who carries fake handbags.

The nun position at the temple is an appointed comptroller. There is no bookkeeping logs of expenses. She is the only powerful figure to have a saying which monk or nun will be allowed to stay at the temple. Even the head monk has to listen to her.

Louis Vuitton-toting nun under investigation

By Coconuts Bangkok

nun5.jpg?itok=Ay0XktCp

BANGKOK: -- A year after a famous monk was brought down by his taste in designer bags and jet-setting lifestyle, attention has turned to a Buddhist nun reportedly seen driving a Porsche and toting Louis Vuitton bags.

The Chumphon Office of Buddhism yesterday said it will investigate "Sister Sherry," a nun at Chumphon’s Tam Kwanmuang Temple, after photos online of her living a lavish lifestyle came under scrutiny.

“Maybe it’s not wrong for a nun, but her behavior is inappropriate,” an anonymous user wrote on Pantip. “It sparks curiosity and questions among Buddhists. It ruins the image of the religion and temple.”

As Buddhist nuns are expected to maintain a life of austerity, Sister Sherry’s photos have led to debates over whether it’s okay for a nun to be spotted in a six-million-baht car and holding THB30,000-worth of Louis Vuitton.

However others pointed out that nuns remain among the laity and do not commit to the same vows. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/27/louis-vuitton-toting-nun-under-investigation

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-30

three wise men and virgin why you think jesus not born in thailand

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe its not wrong for a nun, but her behavior is inappropriate, an anonymous user wrote on Pantip. It sparks curiosity and questions among Buddhists. It ruins the image of the religion and temple.

There's enough hypocrisy to go around. Let's not hoard and reserve it for only the western religions.

The image of Buddhism in Thailand is already well and truly ruined. Thai Buddhism is all about money.

"Up to her"

Exactly, disgrace or not, unless it's ill gotten, people who have loads of money aren't forbidden to enter monkhood or become a nun!

The obsession handling bundles of money and toting expensive high class brand name articles... is a different thing, let's think she want's to shed this, whilst becoming a nun! ;-)

Edited by Samuian