TAT says it will reach goal of 2.2 trillion baht via tourism next year

webfact

This organization has the largest group of fools and idiots ever assembled . The drivel that they come out with is unsurpassed.

Time for the Junta to move in and transfer these fools to the inactive storage room in the P.M's office. They really do make Thailand look stupid.

• Like 2

TAT compiling action plan to make 2015 a better year
Suchat Sritama
The Nation
Cha-am, Phetchaburi

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand is preparing its 2015 Marketing Action Plan to deal with another challenging year, aiming for 28 million international tourists and 132 million domestic trips generating income of Bt2.2 trillion.

TAT's top management and 27 directors from overseas and 35 from domestic offices are working to complete a new strategy and action plan this week.

TAT governor Thawatchai Arunyik said yesterday that the targets for next year were up from the revised targets of 25 million to 26.2 million arrivals and Bt2 trillion in revenue this year.

A national campaign is set to launch next Monday, apparently with the long-running themes of "Amazing Thailand" and "Thainess".

The authority is also seeking plans to increase the number of "quality" (big-spending) tourists and to shorten the low season.

Some of the plans being discussed involve medical tourists from the Middle East, more youth and family travellers from Asia, and wealthy tourists from India and China. Thai boxing may be promoted on a bigger scale and given more of an international presence.

Suwat Sidthilaw, permanent secretary of the Tourism Ministry and now acting minister, said tourism was still one of the key industries injecting a lot of money into the economy. However, the industry will likely face another tough time as many problems remain unsolved, such as the poor logistics and transport system, tourist scams, deteriorating attractions and a complicated bureaucratic system.

"All employees of TAT need to adjust working norms and look into new directions by crossing and integrating with in-house and outside parties," he said.

The opening of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) in a year may reflect back on the Thai tourism industry, especially the inflow of workers, so the industry needs to move on service and quality, he added.

Suparerk Soorangura, president of the Thai Travel Agents Association, said many tourists wanted to come to Thailand, but the country is now putting some limitations to itself, such as the political change that still is not comfortable for tourists.

France, for instance, can attract nearly 100 million tourists a year because of excellent management. The agency should focus on quality tourists rather than quantity.

"The TTAA urges the junta to give confidence to foreign tourists, because a lot of them, especially from Europe and the US, are still uncomfortable about visiting the country while it is under martial law," he said.

However, Thailand should gain a lot more visitors from Asean countries thanks to the AEC's formation and the increase in low-cost air services, he said.

Surapong Techaruvichit, president of the Thai Hotels Association, said tourism should rebound from its latest crisis once a new government is established.

The opening of the AEC is expected to bring benefits as tourists from neighbouring countries would travel to Thailand. And investors also can expand overseas more easily.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/TAT-compiling-action-plan-to-make-2015-a-better-ye-30237463.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-01

Thailand was the 10th most visited country,in 2013..... an increase of 18% from 2012 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

Bangkok is one of the most visited cities in the World.

Not sure where some posters get their doom & gloom stats from...like dogs on a bone that has no meat on it.

Thailand now has almost no street protests,stability has returned,

now if the 2 groups were still fighting I might agree it wouldn't look good for tourism in Thailand for 2014.

To suggest that Russians,Chinese are bad tourists...well they still stay in hotels,eat meals,buy some trinkets.

But get used to it ..China is #1 for tourists to Thailand .. 4 1/2 million in 2013

Russians over 1 1/2 million,... India 1 million

Australia, UK, US roughly around 900,000 each.

although stats on arrivals for tourists can be accumulated it is impossible to accurately say how much each Tourist spends in Thailand.

It's a guess....and if you going to guess...guess high if you into promoting...guess less if you government guessing inflation.

Edited by iphad

I think most people know where Thailand is in the world now...No need for TAT any more.

Most of my friends back home get mixed up & call Thailand... Taiwan

but I would agree those that have been to Thailand before know where Thailand is.

Using 'Thainess' as a slogan? Careful, TAT, you don't want to scare people off now tongue.png

If one doesn't like the concept of "Thainess" I doubt they would want to visit Thailand as a tourist anyways.

Personally, I think TAT is another department that could do with a thorough review and potentially a complete overhaul. Just on the campaign side, most ads are tired and unappealing - the same old stuff. I am not Australian nor in an advertising agency but by comparison there are huge Visit Australia campaigns running across Asia - they are slick, appealing and very professional and even focus right down to the food & wine culture - Restaurant Australia. TAT just regurgitates the same story again and again, hits the wrong markets and produces dubious targets and statistics that leaves the average observer doubting. Thailand has a lot to offer, but rarely does it offer it well.

• Like 1

Personally, I think TAT is another department that could do with a thorough review and potentially a complete overhaul. Just on the campaign side, most ads are tired and unappealing - the same old stuff. I am not Australian nor in an advertising agency but by comparison there are huge Visit Australia campaigns running across Asia - they are slick, appealing and very professional and even focus right down to the food & wine culture - Restaurant Australia. TAT just regurgitates the same story again and again, hits the wrong markets and produces dubious targets and statistics that leaves the average observer doubting. Thailand has a lot to offer, but rarely does it offer it well.

The ads should go to China and Japan so I'd imagine an agency in both of those countries would be employed. Have you been to China and Japan to watch the Thai ads?