Navy Inspects Entertainment Spots in Pattaya

Rimmer

Navy Inspects Entertainment Spots in Pattaya

2225.jpg

PATTAYA – June 30, 2014 [PDN]; at 2.00 a.m., Captain Khomphan Ouppalanon (Director of Joint Operations and Intelligence) together with the officers of Naval Military Police, forces of navy officers from Sattahip Naval Base and Pol.Lt.Col. Aroon Phromphan (Inspector) went to inspect entertainment spots in Walking Street and each venues security guards as they think they can take the law into their own hands as most of them are sailors and work in security part-time. The order was given after an Indian tourist was assaulted by 2 security guards.

The officers were then sent out to search for 2 guards who had assaulted an Indian tourist and once arriving in walking street they found 2 guards standing outside a pub so the officers questioned them and found out that they were sailors from Sattahip Naval Base.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/06/30/navy-inspects-entertainment-spots-in-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-30

Hang em high

They probably will.

The military are nowhere near as lax as the police and elected officials have been previously. Personally I think it's great that they are actually applying some rules now, and some common sense. Both have been sadly lacking here for many years.

Hang em high

They probably will.

The military are nowhere near as lax as the police and elected officials have been previously. Personally I think it's great that they are actually applying some rules now, and some common sense. Both have been sadly lacking here for many years.

no rules? isn't that why we come here?

Edited by i claudius

Hang em high

They probably will.

"...and some common sense. Both have been sadly lacking here for many years. "

Yes, but most of those exhibiting lack of common sense are fully occupied wondering how they can make serial border runs and get back-to-back tourist visas now that the lax enforcement of visa and immigration regulation is being corrected.

• Like 2

no rules? isn't that why we come here?

That may be why some people are here now, but not me.

I remember when Thailand really had no rules, 30+ years ago. These days there are lots of rules, but under elected governments the rules were not fully applied all the time. The military appear to be doing something about that.

If I wanted to be somewhere with no rules I certainly would not be in Thailand.

Spot checks can be expected to continue and even increase (by varying authorities) so complying with laws about ID carrying, drug possession and disorderly conduct etc. in entertainment venues is strongly advised.