Online Gambling

mooy

What does the thai police say about online gambling in thailand?

Im a onlinepokerplayer and it would be nice to make some extra $ when Im in thailand so I can stay longer.

What if the gameserver is located in another contry?

/Robin

Gambling in Thailand is illegal, no matter where the server is. In addition, the Thai government has been actively blocking as many gambling sites as it can -- so there is no guarantee you would be able to access your favorite site from here anyway.

Gambling in Thailand is illegal, no matter where the server is. In addition, the Thai government has been actively blocking as many gambling sites as it can -- so there is no guarantee you would be able to access your favorite site from here anyway.

Yes, many sites have been blocked, but its very easy to play. There's always a way around rules... Firstly, no matter how many gambling sites they block, you'll always be able to get there via proxy server and so will always be able to download the software. When they block the proxy servers, you can go to their mirror sites and so on and so on. There are some poker sites that won't let you play if you are in Thailand as there is a lot of fraud here. But PM me and I'll give you the names of some major ones where you can play no problem. I was playing yesterday at a site with 7,000 players online at that time. So much for the Toxin's censorship plan. No government anywhere will ever stop the human desire for something for nothing.

I've noticed that quite some betting sites doesn't allow people living in Thailand to open an account or use the credit cards to transfer funds.. Either by checking the IP-address or when you type in your address for the credit card.

Also if the Credit Card is issued in another country and you have a Thai ip-address I've run into problems..

Several times I've had to fax/email copy of my passport to show them I'm Swedish and then they've let me transfer the funds...

I've noticed that quite some betting sites doesn't allow people living in Thailand to open an account or use the credit cards to transfer funds.. Either by checking the IP-address or when you type in your address for the credit card.

Also if the Credit Card is issued in another country and you have a Thai ip-address I've run into problems..

Several times I've had to fax/email copy of my passport to show them I'm Swedish and then they've let me transfer the funds...

I've run into the same problems. Some sites simply won't let you play if you're in Thailand. One site told me that if I walked into Burma, then it would be fine... Some of the online pay sites like Net Teller won't deal with you either. But there are plenty of sites where being in Thailland is not a problem. You will most likely have to fax your info though. IF debit cards don't work, there's always Western Union. So rest assured that you can continue the gambling even from LOS.