John Higgins, disgraceful behaviour

John Higgins, what a <deleted> he made of himself today in the sixth frame.

Pleased to see he went out 5-2. (Ozzy open in Melbourne)

Played four shots in a row that wouldnt have been out of place in a pub on a Saturday night.

Yes John, we could see you were agitated, but thats snooker old bean, you dont always get the rub of the green.

Hammered in the first red and had the white ball bouncing on the table like something from the dambusters.

Hammered the first blue into the middle, but overcut it so it doubled into the opposite middle pocket.

Hammered in a second red to get out of position, before having another attempt at another blue that he missed.

Even the Thai commentators made mention of him "discrediting" the game, hope they throw the book at you.

All this coming from a man with a dubious matchfixing verdict hanging over him.

Some people never learn.

John Higgins has been one of the most professional and well behaved snooker players I have seen in the last 20 years. He was cleared of charges for matchfixing, so that is just a moot point. He had a shitty day, acted like a brat and will be dealt with be world Snooker's governing body. No big deal.

As much as I respect snooker in regards to the skill required and sportsman like behaviour the professional element of the game is way too stuffy, old fashioned and dramas are made of minor acts. I really surprised Ronnie O'Sullivan did not stick 2 fingers up at snooker years ago and make the switch to pool. He would have made more money and be part of a scene that does not come straight out of the 19th century.

^^^^^,

ref Higgins and his twenty years of snooker I concur, thats what made his behaviour yesterday all the more bizarre.

This is from a man who has a reputation as a "grinder" how many opponents has he pissed off in the past?

In all my years of watching and playing snooker I have never witnessed such petulant behaviour on screen.

He was bang out of order, never mind up unsportsman like behaviour or ungentlemanly conduct, he showed a total lack of respect to his opponent (who on the day was the better player), never mind the match officials, those in the crowd watching, or us watching on tv, as I mentioned in my post, even the Thai commentators were gobsmacked.

Higgins was given a second chance and for that he should be grateful (Stephen Lee wasnt afforded the same luxury).

He should also bear in mind, he owes snooker more than snooker owes him.

Yes John you have been a worthy champ on many occasions, but once your long ball potting goes its time to hang up the cue, Hendry realised this, Davis didnt.

Go home and have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror, ask yourself, is my heart really in this?

You have nothing left to prove, be an ambassador for the game that has been so good to you, if you are not able to do so, just retire.

Ronnie tried pool a few years ago, along with that other dinasour Davis, I truely believe "The Rockets" heart wasnt in it, hence his return to snooker.

Off the top of my head, I cant think of any snooker player who has made the transistion from snooker to pool.

Your other comments have left me intrigued, what would you like to see changed.

BH has tried various formats of the game over the years that have never taken off.

The only succes I can think of would be the Samsong six reds played in Thailand.

The rules of snooker have remained constant over the years, once you get to a certain level, its not about skill, its about your head, all these top players are capable of beating each other on the day, it depends on where your head is at.

Maybe Higgins hasnt yet realised that, reputations count for nothing, you are only as good as your last game.

As a man who serves as a role model, he let himself down badly, never mind the example he has left for others watching the game elsewhere in the world.

Sorry John, this isnt acceptable, Michaela Tabb wouldnt have stood for such nonsense, reputations dont intimidate her, watched her pull "The Rocket" up on more than one occasion.

As I said, I hope he gets hammered, what a t(a)wat.

• 4 weeks later...