Retirement visa / work permit

I would like to ask a lawyer, if there is anyway, I can obtain a work permit, being on retirement visa at present.

The reason, I am asking this, is because, I was asked by the local school headmaster, to assist into teaching English, to the kids.

Please, note that this is a voluntary job, without any remuneration.

Your answer will be very much appreciated.

There have been a few and far between posts of people getting a work permit with on a retirement extension. It depends entirely upon the local work permit office whether it can be done or not. All you can do is try.

I was asked by the local school headmaster, to assist into teaching English, to the kids.

Please feel free to ask your local School Headmaster to assist you in your quest to obtain a Work Permit for you, well that is my thinking, as he needs you and not the other way around! coffee1.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win

There have been a few and far between posts of people getting a work permit with on a retirement extension. It depends entirely upon the local work permit office whether it can be done or not. All you can do is try.

Ubonjoe, Thank you for your effort to answer my question.

Not what I was expecting, but I have to live with it.

It is unlikely that the Labor Office in KK will issue a WP on an extension or visa based on retirement.

It shouldn't be too difficult to change the reason for the extension to allow a WP to be issued.

If the school isn't willing to help, it's a non started anyway.

I'll use to volunteer teaching English one day a week. I'm on a retirement visa and no work permit. It wasn't an issue. I can't imagine it being a problem, but I guess it could be a problem.

Keep in mind the visa extension is issued by the Immigration dept and the WP is issued by the Labor dept. I have heard reports of people with retirement extensions in Chiang Mai obtaining WPs but I've never actually seen their passports.