Thailand Domestic Post

Somnambulist

No. Service Cost Additional 1. Parcel (One Price Box) out Area 120.00 ico_check.png 2. Parcel (One Price Box) in Area 110.00 ico_check.png 3. EMS 52.00 ico_check.png 4. Parcel 20.00 ico_check.png 5. Letter 15.00 ico_check.png 6. Printed Paper (Book) 8.00 ico_check.png 7. Printed Paper 8.00 ico_check.png

I'm am going to need to do some mailing of small parcels to various places in Thailand from within Thailand so I went to the Thailand Post Office page and found this list. These are the prices for a 500 gram parcel. I have two questions. The first, what's the difference between 1 and 2 (in area vs. out area) and also what is a "one price box"?

One more question (oops, that makes three, doesn't it): What's the difference between 3 and 4?

Edit: Here's the link - http://www.thailandpost.com/rate-result.php

Edited by Somnambulist

Those prices seem high to what i pay. A case of oil qty 6 litre bottles was 103 patt to bkk...Another box with a jacket to chiang rai was 65 baht. I dont pay the big ems fees.

Wow, that is cheap. I just ordered 3.5 kilos of tea (plus packaging) Bangkok to Chiang Mai and the EMS was 197 baht.

Even EMS is so cheap here you should really use it if you do not want to complain later that your parcels are lost...

You sound like the employees working at the post office. If you think 30, 40% more and up is cheap then by all means pay. A little secret all domestic parcels have tracking but not all can be tracked online.

Just sent a laptop computer to a Khon Kaen moo ban EMS, B177 + B10,000 insurance, B115. total: B292 Arrived in less than 36 hours.

P.O. did require the recipient to have the EMS# before turning it over.

Even EMS is so cheap here you should really use it if you do not want to complain later that your parcels are lost...

You sound like the employees working at the post office. If you think 30, 40% more and up is cheap then by all means pay. A little secret all domestic parcels have tracking but not all can be tracked online.

Thank you to try to teach me what you know nothing about <3

No, not all domestic parcels have a tracking number, they have one if you pay for REGISTERED shipping.

So ridiculous to talk about 30% more of a cheap THAI BAHT price !!!

When your parcels will be lost you will come here like all the others whinning girls of this board...

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

hi guys! I need a friend to send me a parcel from Phuket to Chiang Mai and she needs me to explain her how to do it... she is sending me 3 little glass bottles with oil (30ml and 100 ml) and so I have the following questions:

1) can she send it on "Payment upon arrival" terms so she doesn't have to pay for the shipping herself?

2) can an EMS agent pick it up at her hotel?

3) is it ok to send liquids inside Thailand? (I know about the restrictions on international parcels)

thank you

Edited by Irimai