Tuk Tuk

Jared

Does anyone know if it is possible for a foreigner to purchase a Tuk Tuk and what kind of price they go for. My girlfriend seems to think that they only sell them to Thai?

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but if you do manage to buy one of these machines, please do the world a favour by;

1. Removing the noisy & polluting 2 stroke engine & replacing it with a sensible 4 stroke engine.

2. Installing a muffler to keep it very quiet.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a foreigner to purchase a Tuk Tuk and what kind of price they go for. My girlfriend seems to think that they only sell them to Thai?

We came across this website and they were quite happy to deal with farangs.

http://www.thailandtuktuk.net/index.html

We made some inquiries via email and recieved a very professional response. I am not sure how the pricing compares to what a Thai can get it for, but at least farangs can buy them.

Good Luck

Makyai

1) Yes, farang can buy via the manufacturer at the above website.

2) The price is just over 200,000THB, for the standard BKK Taxi configuration, varying with other custom configurations.

2) The price is just over 200,000THB, for the standard BKK Taxi configuration, varying with other custom configurations.

i want one with pimped out rims, velvet on the cieling, a subwoofer and a flamed paintjob...

a little bling fo' dat thing... :o

i want one with pimped out rims, velvet on the cieling, a subwoofer and a flamed paintjob...

a little bling fo' dat thing... :o

Well, that was why i was looking at them. I was trying to drop the thing lower than a snakes nads, and try to sneak on some 20's, but the wife put paid to it all. :D

We came across this website and they were quite happy to deal with farangs.

http://www.thailandtuktuk.net/index.html

We made some inquiries via email and recieved a very professional response. I am not sure how the pricing compares to what a Thai can get it for, but at least farangs can buy them.

Good Luck

Makyai

The link in your post doesn't work, do you or does anyone else have a working link ?

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a manufacturer in Samut Prakan. Don't know if good or not. I personnally never bought a tuktuk before. Check-out the website.

Office and Factory address

216 Soi Suankaset, Bangna-Trad KM.29,

Bangboo, Sumutprakarn 10560

THAILAND

Contact Information

Tel : +662 708-7527-8

Fax: +662 708-7526

Mobile Phone : +661 840-3203

[email protected]

[email protected]

http://www.yourtuktuk.com

There is a manufacturer in Samut Prakan. Don't know if good or not. I personnally never bought a tuktuk before. Check-out the website.

THAILAND

Contact Information

[email protected]

[email protected]

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

THAILAND

Contact Information

[email protected]

[email protected]

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

I made a general enquiry in Phuket Town (visiting our lawyer at the time) result a friend appeared, he could suppy new and used Tuk Tuks, (did give me a card sorry can't find) no problem with the sale to falang it appeared! it all began as a joke I told my Thai boss she would have to drive a TukTuk :o

• 1 month later...