South African drug mule writes to mom about Thai jail worries

webfact

I would send narcotic agents to supervise a CI in makeing maybe three controlled buys with marked notes. The CI would be wired to record the transactions. Once you identify the people involved in selling drugs, you take them into custody. Once in custody, invariably one or two will give useful information. Lock up who you can and deport the rest. When the ones who you previously locked up finishes their sentences, you deport them.

Basically, you keep repeating the above mentioned procedure. It is sort of being like an exterminator. Cockroaches will be with us until the end of time. That doesn't mean you don't try to eliminate them when they enter your home.

Here we go; ex beat cop who never quite made it to DEA agent finally gets his chance to showcase his drug sting skills from the comfort of his armchair in Nakhon Noplace, Thailand

I've read a few of your posts recently and you put me in mind of a cross between Dick Cheney and Jim Rockford.

Good guess but no cigar.

Oh shoot, I got your location wrong, didn't I? You're in Chiang Mai.

Seriously, though, you should offer your skills to the narcos here. They'd love the input of a tough, neo-conservative ex-beat cop with experience of wire taps, long-term, deep undercover operations and running multiple confidential informants. Make sure they sponsor your work permit, though

Honestly, "marked notes", "wires" and "controlled buys" cheesy.gif

Here we go; ex beat cop who never quite made it to DEA agent finally gets his chance to showcase his drug sting skills from the comfort of his armchair in Nakhon Noplace, Thailand

I've read a few of your posts recently and you put me in mind of a cross between Dick Cheney and Jim Rockford.

Good guess but no cigar.

Seriously, though, you should offer your skills to the narcos here. They'd love the input of a tough, neo-conservative ex-beat cop with experience of wire taps, long-term, deep undercover operations and running multiple confidential informants. Make sure they sponsor your work permit, though

Honestly, "marked notes", "wires" and "controlled buys" cheesy.gif

Gents, sorry to interfere but I don't see what is wrong with the response "NightRider" provided to the poster asking what can be done to arrest these drug dealers.

The practices NightRider suggested--surprisingly absent the use of video footage--are the simple answer to the original question of how to make a case against drug dealers. Isn't this a good thing?

Additionally, the methods suggested provide evidence sufficient to prove the arrest was legitimate and not simply a retaliation against an innocent man. Isn't this a good thing?

I don't understand what has gotten everyone so flustered about his post.

• Like 1

Honestly, "marked notes", "wires" and "controlled buys" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Gents, sorry to interfere but I don't see what is wrong with the response "NightRider" provided to the poster asking what can be done to arrest these drug dealers.

The practices NightRider suggested--surprisingly absent the use of video footage--are the simple answer to the original question of how to make a case against drug dealers. Isn't this a good thing?

Additionally, the methods suggested provide evidence sufficient to prove the arrest was legitimate and not simply a retaliation against an innocent man. Isn't this a good thing?

Because the guy's utterly clueless. He genuinely believes that the Thai cops don't know how to mount a bust. He probably genuinely thinks he's the first to make those suggestions and he probably genuinely reckons he could show the Thai police a thing or two.

His Crockett and Tubbs methodology is based on the erroneous assumption that the police WANT to make a case against the dealers when, clearly, they don't.

As I said earlier, many of those dealers pay money to the police to be ALLOWED to sell gear on the street.

Furthermore, they're often selling drugs that the police have confiscated from other, unprotected dealers.

Mr. "Nightrider" needs to put away his tricycle and drink his cocoa because he's not in Kansas any more.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good guess but no cigar.

Honestly, "marked notes", "wires" and "controlled buys" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Actually there are now and always will be users worrying about loosing their contact.

Her hand written letter to her mother states that the missionaries are the only people to show any compassion and without their help the non-Thai prisoners would not even have basic toiletries or medical provisions.

Good for the missionaries.

One question:

Why do the African drug dealers on Lower Suk walk free ?

"One question:

Why do the African drug dealers on Lower Suk walk free ? "

Why are there drug dealers on the streets of every country on the planet, including the US and various countries in Euro-topia?

Apparently in UK the dogs know something that has escaped the notice of the police.

dogs.jpg

A campaign aimed at encouraging people to report drug dealing in their area has been launched by Craigavon Community Safety Partnership (CCSP) and District Policing Partnership (DPP) in conjunction with Northern Ireland Crimestoppers and the PSNI.

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/in-your-area/northern-ireland/dogs-on-the-street-know-the-dealers/

Her hand written letter to her mother states that the missionaries are the only people to show any compassion and without their help the non-Thai prisoners would not even have basic toiletries or medical provisions.

One question:

"One question:

Why do the African drug dealers on Lower Suk walk free ? "

Why are there drug dealers on the streets of every country on the planet, including the US and various countries in Euro-topia?

Apparently in UK the dogs know something that has escaped the notice of the police.

dogs.jpg

A campaign aimed at encouraging people to report drug dealing in their area has been launched by Craigavon Community Safety Partnership (CCSP) and District Policing Partnership (DPP) in conjunction with Northern Ireland Crimestoppers and the PSNI.

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/in-your-area/northern-ireland/dogs-on-the-street-know-the-dealers/

If dogs had opposable thumbs then it would be humans on the leash.

This is Thai filler news. The Thai press feels that under a military dictatorship that it is important to let us know how an imprisoned South African drug mule feels. The Thai press should wake up and follow up on the statement that she is not permitted visits and the Thai press should leap all over this corruption and payment for visits. What is the Thai military doing to crackdown on prison corruption, telephones, drugs, etc..?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One question:

They pay the police for "insurance". In some cases, they're actually selling the police's own stash.

Personally, I don't care even though I live in that neighbourhood.

People should be far more concerned that alcohol screws up 1000s of times more people and families than cocaine yet it's available for sale in every 7-11 and every unlicensed beer stall on Lower Sukhumvit.

Where do you get your yeyo?

One question:

They pay the police for "insurance". In some cases, they're actually selling the police's own stash.

People should be far more concerned that alcohol screws up 1000s of times more people and families than cocaine yet it's available for sale in every 7-11 and every unlicensed beer stall on Lower Sukhumvit.

Just because I can see the folly of society's criminalisation of drugs while it practically encourages everyone over a certain age to get hammered on alcohol doesn't mean I indulge in illegal contraband narcotics so you can stick your insinuations where the sun don't shine

One question:

Just because I can see the folly of society's criminalisation of drugs while it practically encourages everyone over a certain age to get hammered on alcohol doesn't mean I indulge in illegal contraband narcotics so you can stick your insinuations where the sun don't shine

I agree, that is really wrong "insinuating you indulge in illegal contraband narcotics." It is probably because of some of your posts.